Warning PAYPAL FRAUD with poda2223@yahoo.com.hk

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by iceman7420, Jul 14, 2004.

1. iceman7420

iceman7420 Member

Just wanted to share that I got hit with an unauthorized charge of $1825.00 through paypal. I reported it and they are holding the transaction pending an investigation. If anyone sees the e-mail address of poda2223@yahoo.com.hk report it immediately. This person is hacking into accounts and stealing money.

2. Scoop13

Scoop13 Banned User

$1825!?! I don't think I'll ever have that much in that account! Good luck with that though. Thanks for the warning. :eek:

3. iceman7420

iceman7420 Member

Didn't, I only had 175.00 and paypal flagged it right away. Got lucky so far. But I wanted to share this a$$es e-mail with everyone so they can report them.

4. Charlutz

Charlutz This space for rent

I got suckered last year by one of those emails that looked like it was from paypal and asked for me to confirm my username, password and credit card information. I felt pretty stupid about it afterwards, but it looked legit. Be careful with your passwords and info. Ebay and paypal will never ask you to confirm your information in an email. Most of the fake emails will redirect you to an address that has ebay or paypal within it like "www.cgi3.ebay.com" or something and then when you get there, the site will look just like an ebay or paypal page. The fake emails also usually have typos because many are based in foreign countries. The hits on my account came from Viet Nam and Jordan. I've gotten a bunch since, and am wiser about what they look like, but be careful when you get emails asking for credit card, bank, or password info.

5. idence25

idence25 New Member

Bro that FN sux. :eek: Sorry to hear that man. Thanks 4 the head's up. I pay alot with paypal. Hope they nail the little Bas+ard

6. Scoop13

Scoop13 Banned User

I've heard about those emails. That's why I decided not to open any emails from them. You never know when one of those penny or dollar days emails will be a fake redirecting you to a site where when you enter your account name and password and it records them and sends you back to Ebay with an error message. I don't click on links for sites like that. I go directly through my bookmark.

7. billsoftball

billsoftball OG Member

Just NEVER follow a link that wants you to put your email and password in.

If you think it may be legit, go to the site as you normally do and look for the information there.

8. RickRagan

RickRagan New Member

if its got the little "lock" symbol in the bottom right hand corner, is it always okay???

9. Cubs Win!

Cubs Win! Manager

Not necessarily. The lock simply indicates that you are using an encrypted channel to send/receive info that can't be intercepted by snoopers. (https:// in the address bar is another indicator that you are using a secure channel)

Crooks can still obtain and use secure channels, so the lock or https:// is no guarantee that you are on a valid site.

10. iceman7420

iceman7420 Member

Quick update. May card company is crediting my account for the full dollar amount even though pay pal is allowing the transaction. I no longer have a pay pal account.

11. Missy#7

Missy#7 Ball Crusher

Paypal allowed the transaction?????? Maybe I'll dump them as well!!!!!!!

12. TrebZilla

TrebZilla Guest

i agree!!!! :mad: