What to do now?

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by Last Ride, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Last Ride

Last Ride Addicted to Softballfans

A few weeks ago, I made a deal with a GTG member of this board. He has had multiple great deals, etc. Had to ask a few times for a tracking number after I paid for the bat, but nothing major. I got the tracking number and the bat made it out to my city. Labor Day weekend, it was updated by UPS as an open package with no contents. Of course, they threw away the box. Supposedly, UPS conducted an "investigation" and agreed to pay the claim. Of course, they issue the refund to the sender. Why they do it this way is beyond me, but I digress. In any event, I requested a refund of $300 as the bat UPS stole was a Synergy CNT+ with a receipt. I have tried contacting the seller with no luck. He hasn't been online in over a week. So now what? I am going to be giving him a call tomorrow (I tracked down a number through my contacts with him). What else should I do? I have tried keeping it off the board to this point as he is a pretty well-respected member, and I don't want to drag his name through the mud over a potential misunderstanding. But I really need to get a refund or even some sort of communication. What say you?

2. Warlock78

Warlock78 Addicted to Softballfans

Always a good first step to resolving an issue.;)

3. Last Ride

True, but the fact that I had to hunt down the number is a little annoying.

4. BigSimon

BigSimon Addicted to Softballfans

Yes, it doesn suck and the guy should at least refund what you paid for it. That is the fair thing to do.

5. Last Ride

Bump for no action being taken by this previously "GTG" seller. No bat, no refund on a transaction that was started 08-24-07. I made a few calls to the number I found for his address, left a message, still nothing. If he doesn't call by tomorrow, I will be posting his info for some assistance in gaining his cooperation. I really don't want to go through the hassle, but I will not be an idle victim, either.

6. quillers32

quillers32 Addicted to Softballfans

Who is it??

7. Last Ride

I'll give him one more day to respond. If he chooses not to, I will take it from there.

8. tom15

tom15 Old school stickin'!

If he's G2G and properly insured it. You should have no problems....But.

9. Last Ride

That's the thing. He's had multiple good deals on this board with no bad ones. His communication is piss poor at best since sending him a pair of sunglasses (Oakley's as partial trade) and money for the bat. My patience is wearing thin. His excuses were plausible and even acceptable at first, but the time for talking is over. I want my bat or my money. Since UPS stole my bat (assuming he sent it in the first place), I'll take the money.

10. SluggerCity3

SluggerCity3 smartfootball.com

i'd roast him bro...

11. Last Ride

Bump it up to join its new counterpart.