What's a good bat

Discussion in 'USSSA' started by Steve lau, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Steve lau

Steve lau Member

I keep hearing people talk about certain bat or company are good with a certain ball. So my question would be, we play with Worth hot dots ( .52 cor 275lb) is there a bat or company I should look for.

2. Joker

Joker Well-Known Member

all of them

3. Kodiak1

Kodiak1 Addicted to Softballfans

Does your league require a Utrip stamp or can you hit ASA bats?

4. Steve lau

Steve lau Member

Our bats must have a utrip stamp

5. Kodiak1

Then it doesn’t matter so much, Miken, Worth, Easton, take your pick

6. Kodiak1

I think the SBF store still has a deal going on Easton Bats, pm Milocoman, tell him I sent you. He’ll help you out.

7. Krush411

Krush411 Manager

With that ball I think it comes down more to the hitter than the bat BUT my fav bats with that ball are Miken 4 the fallen, DeMarini Flipper Aftermath 1.20 2016 utrip version and Mizuno No Doubt. I think the Flipper was made specifically for balls like that and the No Doubt crushes them once broken in. If you go with the No Doubt go an ounce higher than your normal weight as it swings very light.

8. D-ROCK13

D-ROCK13 New Member

Personally, I'd go with a combat. They are pretty much all gtg with this ball and dirt cheap just about everywhere you can still find them. Plus if you break one within warranty you'll get a new flex line Easton as a return

9. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus New Member

Nope. Stop buying Combats.

I broke an awesome 2015 Greinert 275 dual stamp, and they sent me a 1-piece Ronin NR. Non-negotiable.

Disappointing.

If you want a Baker or a Helmer, just buy one! They’re about the same price as a Combat.

10. D-ROCK13

D-ROCK13 New Member

just returned a stupid hot combatant15 that was cracked on every side of the barrel. umps kept complaining so I emailed the warranty department and they let me choose a 17' helmer flex. I really hope I don't open the box when it gets here and see a Ronin...

11. jhitman

jhitman Active Member

Just an observation.....I see so many threads about what's the best bat for USSSA, ASA or 52 cor softballs etc. If people worked on their mechanics, hit more BP and watched a few videos it wouldn't matter which bat a player used. There are a few bats that may be slightly better than others, but it wouldn't matter if your swing was sound.

#11 jhitman, Nov 15, 2017 at 2:26 PM
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 2:39 PM
    D-ROCK13 likes this.
  12. jlee

jlee Member

All bats are good, it comes down to your swing and preference of the weighting of the bat that gives you better confidence. Some bats are hotter out of the wrapper then others but all bats when they get to the point, are good bats.