Worried about a Deal..

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by s boy777, Sep 16, 2004.

1. s boy777

s boy777 roadkill

I sent a Dan Lewis (in Canada) two bats in a 2 for 1 trade. Last email I got from him was that my bats havent arrived.. He wanted me to ship USPS and the people at the post office said I would beable to track the package.. which I cant. (# is not in their system, even thou insurance was purchased... insurance for only about 30% actual bat value to save him $)

anyway.. I still have yet to recieve my bat in this trade.. date was Aug 4th!! He said he miss placed his tracking numbers.

Its been way too long for him not to recieve my bats, and for me not to recieve his.

sboy

2. s boy777

s boy777 roadkill

this is why Im worried..

Dan_905 posted this 6 days after I sent my bats out to him.

http://p072.ezboard.com/fworldwideslowpitchsoftballfrm19.showMessage?topicID=2765.topic

these are the two bats I sent him.. I emailed him to see if he got my bats, and he said he did not. Is he trading items he doesnt have onhand and then blaming slow shipping on customs???

Im very worried that I'll be out my cost of the two bats (~$260.00 US)

sboy

3. dingy1234

dingy1234 Coach

The last 2 bats I had shipped to me each took over 30 days to get across the border. It is a painful. Hopefully this works out for you.

4. s boy777

s boy777 roadkill

thats the first good news Ive had.

5. Spencer

Spencer The Most Known Unknown

Dan_905 is good to go, he has completed many deals. This is a issue with Customs I promise.

6. UncleNormy

UncleNormy Coach

mailed a U2 up north not too long ago and it took 32 days through USPS...
    same thing, USPS couldn't find the tracking number in there system.
    got lots of dirty emails and finally a very nice apology once it arrived and he saw the post date on the box.

7. BB15

BB15 Ape Raids

USPS tracking numbers are only good until the package leaves the U.S. Once it's in Canada, you're in the dark. Hope it works out, but it doesn't sound good.

8. deafie

deafie again say what?

Now you say it's dan_905...

Good to go.

9. MBplayer

MBplayer Canadian Bat *****

Don't worry

hey bud don't worry i had 2 bats that took a long time to get here from the states. One of which i just received and neither me nor the sender could track it at all, only notification of delivery was me picking it up at the post office. As for Dan 905 I have heard nothing but good things about him and I'm sure he will contact you soon. Let us know what happens?
    MBplayer :cool:

10. s boy777

s boy777 roadkill

alright.. thats giving me new light.

thanks guys

11. gondzur

gondzur .....

As long as it takes to send or get somethin from Canada, it almost makes it seem like it'd be worth the drive there and do the business yourself. It sucks waiting for stuff and it seems like the day will never come that you get it. You think shipping a bat is bad...I ordered a 2 way radio from a place in Canada awhile back and it took over 2.5 months to get it here. I'm sure customs doesnt even look over the stuff, hard tellin what they do with it.

12. Big Pope Daddy

Big Pope Daddy Christ Follower

I really suggest that you guys use next day on shipping to Canada or vise versa....Use UPS or FedEx to do it...less customs issues.

13. Hawaiian

Hawaiian D4LIFE

So you send the bats on August 4th and on August 10th he is tring to sell them or trade? Am I the only one that finds this is odd? :confused: And yet he never response to your post... ???

Does he respond to your emails?

#13 Hawaiian, Sep 17, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  14. cposiasca1

cposiasca1 is diggin country bootie

sboy...i have done 4-5 deals w/ dan...stuff always takes a long time to get to him. You should have no worries.

15. joseschrist

joseschrist New Member

s boy cant vouche for this dan guy but if c posey is vouching for him than he must be good to deal with. c posey is the man.

16. MBplayer

OK but....

Yes overnight shipping is the best way to go i remember getting a bat from Charli93 overnight with no extra fees at all :D But whatever you do don't use UPS they charge alot of extra money to us Canadians for brokerage fees i had 3 tri-shells delivered to me and when they arrived i paid an extra 88$ in fees so UPS would release my bats to me :mad: If you're going to overnight use Fed Ex or Purolator. Just my 0.02 from past experiences.

17. s boy777

s boy777 roadkill

still no bat.. 57 days later???????

Okay.. Im about to give up.. still no bat after 57 days!!! :mad:

Im out 260.00!!

sboy

18. Fang

Fang Addicted to Softballfans

Did Dan buy insurance for the bat you are to receive?

19. budman57

budman57 New Member

Contrary to popular belief, you can get postal tracking numbers that will work in both Canada and the U.S. You have to ship it via Global Priority Mail. The other option that works is to send it registered.

It works both ways too. A priority package sent to the U.S. from Canada, can be tracked, although it costs a bit more to do it. Service is called Xpresspost USA.

These long shipping times everyone is talking about are bizarre. I think they are the exceptions, rather than the rule, as I have never had a shipment take more than 12 days going up to Canada, or 7 days going down via the postal system. In fact, it is generally faster than the standard UPS service.

Here's an example of the tracking and shipping confirmation for a bat shipped by mail from Calgary to Denver. Sent on a Tuesday and delivered the following Monday, with tracking via Expresspost USA service. It took one day to enter the U.S. from the time of drop-off at the post office, and the next five to get delivered.

Date of Event Time Location Description
    2004/08/03 08:05 CALGARY, AB Received by Canada Post
    2004/08/04 05:48 Dispatched from Canada
    2004/08/04 12:38 Dispatched from origin country
    2004/08/04 22:06 Arrival in destination country
    2004/08/09 04:17 Arrived at delivery office
    2004/08/09 16:11 Successfully delivered

#19 budman57, Sep 30, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  20. diesel001

diesel001 Manager

I send packages by regular letter post into the states all the time and just yesterday I received an email stating that a person I had mailed something to in California had finally received his package. It was shipped out on Sept 2 so that is basically one month in transit. The item being shipped is a decal kit and is in an envelope, which should not be held in customs at all. So to be honest post can be slow from canada to the us and vice versa. I would have to say that 57 days or whatever it is now is kinda hard to believe but you never know.

21. Sonic625

Sonic625 The Admin
    Staff Member

I would start calling the Post office I believe you have60 or 90 days to file a claim before it gets washed out. I know you have to wait at least 45 days before you can file a claim but you have already passed that.
    Insurance costs mere dollars so Im not sure why you didnt Insure the whole amount. I always insure a little over just to be safe.
    Thanks,
    S

22. Hawaiian

Hawaiian D4LIFE

What I would like to know is, is this person in contact with you at all? Or does it seem like he is avoiding you?

I don't blame you for being worried. If someone tried to sale my bats and then told me he didn't get them yet, I would be very worried. That's some shady stuff to be doing.

#22 Hawaiian, Sep 30, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  23. DawgFan

DawgFan New Member

Shipping UPS to Canada

I have never shipped a bat to Canada, but I ship electronics UPS all of the time. Everyone I ship to asks me to declare the item a gift and they tell me that UPS does not charge all those fees on gifts. I have been doing this for a couple of years now and have not had a problem.

Ben

24. s boy777

s boy777 roadkill

update

got an email from his wife.. guess the bat was "undeliverable".. and was returned to Dan.. but hes out of town on work, has been for 8 weeks

so his wife emailed me to verfy the address.

not like i have any use for the bat now.. but at least (I hope) i get it this time they ship.

Greg

25. OverDaFence

OverDaFence At Fanatics

What

is it that you are getting again?? PM me...

26. s boy777

s boy777 roadkill

hmmmmmmmmm.. now its been .. lets see.. 68 days and no bat.

I will never deal with CANADA again!! :mad: .. Im super pissed at this point!

I email them asking how are you going to send it this time? no response.

Im pretty sure we are dealing with someone who trades bats they dont have.
    Id recomemd that anyone dealing with Dan get thier bats, money, first, before shipping anything to them.

sboy

(okay.. maybe i will deal with Canadians again, I was just super pissed about this deal !) Dan was to pay me 40.00 also with the bat.. argh!!

#26 s boy777, Oct 11, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  27. OverDaFence

OverDaFence At Fanatics

Don't

let this A$$ spoil it for everyone. I dealt with NOLTI25 in Canada. He came through like a champ. Was apprehensive until he called me and set me at ease...

I hope this guy bucks up. What is his screen name?

28. errbin

errbin ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

its Dan_905

errbin

29. Hawaiian

Hawaiian D4LIFE

Well I thought he was a little suspect when he tried to sell a bat he didn’t have!

(I'm sure he has your bat by now)

30. MBplayer

Please Don't

Take this bad experience out on the rest of us Canadians i have for one have always sent my bats as stated and on time. Just trying to make you realize not to blame all of us for one stupid guys mistakes.
    Thanks alot