Youngguns87 On Ebay

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by spen19cer, Jan 17, 2004.

1. spen19cer

spen19cer Addicted to Softballfans

I normally just browse thru and see what is going on. This is my first post and I hope it does some good. 1 year ago before spring nat'ls in vegas I tried to buy a synergy on ebay from someone from canada user name youngguns87. I just saw a bat review from user youngguns87. If this is the same guy he is a thief and was under investigation by the canadien police. If not the same guy which I would find hard to believe I apologize. However if it is the same guy do not trust anything he says. DO NOT buy anything from him as he is a fraud. I was put in contact with detectives after reading a post on the old easton message board. Once again if he is not the same guy(derek gibson) I apologize but suggest he change his username. Has anyone else been through this? I am still owed about $400.00 from this guy. Do not know what happened with the police after speaking with them. They said they had several people wanting him charged. He was booted from ebay after that and apparently stiffed many.

2. thasright#15

thasright#15 New Member

seen that my self didnt look at ebay but did see he reviewed a bat kinda makes you wonder.. i thought after all the **** he pulled you would think they we take all internet and computers away from this guy :D

3. DFWLoop

DFWLoop Active Member

That probably is Derek Gibson. Stay away!!

4. x66stangx

x66stangx New Member

well on softballfans.com havnt heard of anyone gettin ripped off on here this site seams to get the honest people on here hope the site stay clean and in the clear

5. x66stangx

x66stangx New Member

youngguns87 review on the miken freak GREAT BAT FOR COLD CANADIAN WEATHER. BEST BAT YOU CAN GET THAT IS LEGAL key word in that review canadian that means its him wonder if there is a way to get him booted off the site

6. hitmachine44

hitmachine44 Habitual Linestepper

I was told long ago that the man known as "youngguns" was in fact Derek Gibson. Steer clear for future reference.

7. debug34

debug34 New Member

Nah...leave him here that gets him closer to me and the 1100.00 he owes......Would love to see him...Keith
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. x66stangx

x66stangx New Member

1,100 $ ther is gotta be a way to find out were hes from

9. Furious

Furious The Original

The guy has already been found and the law is dealing with him. I'm not sure what came out of it though.

10. KorE

KorE Active Member

Thats derrek gibson.

If he TYPES EVERYTHING IN CAPS THEN ITS FOR SURE HIM. He has ripped alot of people off from other boards.

11. foreignkid

foreignkid Addicted to Softballfans

Derek Gibson

I have met this guy once before I knew who he was. He is from Cambridge Ontario. Sad to say he is a Canadian...Last I heard both he and his father were in court getting tried. Results of that trial haven't been posted by anyone yet. I'm surprised that they let him do any ebay stuff at all! Stay away from him. He tried to rip me off and I wanted to make the deal in person and he was unavailable everytime I set up a time to meet him. I know that many of the serious ball players here know him and the ones that have dealt with him want to kick his butt.

12. YOUNGGUNS87

YOUNGGUNS87 Banned User

You Must Be Mistaken

My Name Is Not Derek Gibson, You Must Be Thinking Of Someone Else. I Would Not Steal From Anyone.

13. BigShep

BigShep Who's Your Daddy!

Please Introduce Yourself

Then, if you would be so kind, please introduce yourself to the board ... to calm our concerns. Your lack of identity details in light of the extremely coincidental board name raises valid concerns of the brothers here, which can easily be addressed by you. If I were you, I would volunteer some verifiable personal identification in order to put this issue to rest. If you are not Derek Gibson, you should be able to easily prove you are not. We are an honest group and intend to stay that way.
    Thanks,
    **** Shepherd

14. Furious

Furious The Original

Exactly, Simple as that. We don't want to drive away any honest people. But we don't want to bring in any low-lifes. Like Shep said, if your not Gibson, just introduce yourself.

15. debug34

debug34 New Member

Be who you may...but you are guilty till proven otherwise in my eyes...The all caps name just reeks of you Derek-I know they are in fact trying to prosecute you,as I have been kept in touch with,but I know I wil NEVER get anything back....And you will just get a very slight slap for all you have done...Someday someone will settle this up with you,and that is worth every cent of 1,100.00 to me......Keith
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

16. cposiasca1

cposiasca1 is diggin country bootie

Yeh...who in their right mind would have an ID, like younggunz, when everyone an their mother knows that younggunz is a dirtbag, low-life canadian, who owes tons of people, tons of money.

For that matter, DG is not supposed to get online, or go near computers, via a court order.

Tell us who you are, and why on earth you chose to be YOUNGGUNS87...

17. YOUNGGUNS87

YOUNGGUNS87 Banned User

I Am Not Derek Gibson

MY NAME IS GARY "GUNNER" YOUNG, AND I WAS BORN IN 1987.THAT IS WHY I CHOSE THE NAME.IF YOU WOULD LIKE I WILL CHANGE IT. I AM FROM CAMBRIDGE, ONTARIO, CANADA.

#17 YOUNGGUNS87, Jan 18, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2004
  18. Furious

Furious The Original

87? wow, you are young.

19. Furious

Furious The Original

wait, not really, 17 right? Dont mind me, the closer I get to 30, the older I feel.

20. PR73

PR73 Human Tri-pod

Don't beleive this clown.

Gunner Young was a name he used on message boards to rip people off. This ass clown is Derek or someone trying to pull our legs to make us think he is Derek. If it is Derek, you are a F*&kin a$$hole and if and when I find you, you are a De@d man. I know you only owe me for 1 bat, but that is enough for me. And by the way, no one will miss you and they will never find your rotting carcus with the freinds I got that owe me a couple of "favors".

21. Furious

Furious The Original

See now, when he dissapears they'll be looking at you. Let's all just be warned that Derek Gibson may be lurking again. I'm sure he knows that plenty of people are "gunning" for him. No need to turn the message board violent.

22. XQUIZIT

XQUIZIT <font color="#BDB76B">Buffalo Soldier</font>

thanks for the 411 guys

I'll certainly never deal with this guy from canada!!! Let's let the brothers of softball know!!!
    ~X~
    :mad:

23. Furious

Furious The Original

His name is well known throughout the online softball community. but it doesn't hurt to keep his name around.

24. MikeL

MikeL Giant Jap

I hate to ask this but if you are only 17 why are you here? Every where I played 18 was the age cutoff to play in all my leagues?! Also you chose the most notorious name and are from the same city....just seems kinda fishy imo.

25. bobber_1077

bobber_1077 Active Member

Gary "Gunner"?????

I just think that it is way too convenient to use that alias and be from that town, I am ashamed that DG is a fellow Canadian. In this guys defence, if it was DG, why on earth would he use the same alias that he always has????

Doesn't make sense either way.

26. hitmachine44

hitmachine44 Habitual Linestepper

Hopefully, people will not lump all Canadians into the same catagory. Ive dealt with Bobber and he is A++.

27. BigShep

BigShep Who's Your Daddy!

Youngguns87 -
    I do not know you, nor Derek Gibson, nor Gary "Gunner" Young. But what I do know is that there are a TON of coincidences to your situation: your board name, your "real" name, your city, your use of caps, your newbie status. I don't feel as though you are on the up-and-up, whoever you are, and will not welcome you here ... nor your business ... until a known poster on this board, or a well-respected poster on another board, can vouch for you as not being Derek Gibson. This may seem harsh if you are not he, but he has caused huge ill-will throughout the softball community and will remain an unwelcome pariah. With this knowledge, feel free to clear your name by having a known and respected member of this, or another, board vouch for you.

28. SFlaBaller08

SFlaBaller08 New Member

Blame Canada!

As Kenny, Stan, Kyle, and Cartman said "BLAME CANADA!" This guy sounds like a real hoser, eh?

29. Spawn

Spawn Addicted to Softballfans

Stop blaming Canada for this fool. His type are everywhere and with a population about 10 times that of Canada that just means statistically you probably have about 10 Derek Gibson's in the states.

Not to defend this ******* but we all know you don't have to lock your doors in the states right?

30. Spawn

And yes this new guy is full of shyte.
    17 years old he has no business with slo pitch in Canada.
    18 is the youngest we allow to play.

I would imagine it is his way of having some fun or someone else having fun with him and us.

Screw him.

31. cposiasca1

cposiasca1 is diggin country bootie

This dirtbag is DG...or one of his boys, who CAN use the internet. I am going to forward this link, to the detective working the case....so he can see that DG or one of his goons is still prowling.

Bad thing is DG still owes $1000's of dollars to some of my buddies. He only owes me one more bat, but I am not holding my breath.

When I first read the whole name and birthday deal...I called "BS"...no kids play this kind of ball, and surf the net about it. Here in lies the main problem....DG is a complete idiot, and has been since day 1!! He assumes noone else is as smart as him, and his literacy proves this.

32. SFlaBaller08

SFlaBaller08 New Member

No offense Spawn, just trying to make light of a bad situation. I mean who can seriously find fault with the country that gave us hockey!!!!

33. debug34

debug34 New Member

uhhhh.hockey was not created in Canada......

34. Spawn

Actually we invented baseball also.
    That Ken Burns Baseball show was just american propaganda.The first official game of baseball played between the New York Knickerbockers and a group of cricket players in the 1800's in New York is just false.

The first game was played in Canada in 1812 when General Brock invented the game as a reward for his troops for winning the war.

LOL

I think I'm dead now.

35. Spawn

I don't know who invented it but we perfected it.

36. jseif13

jseif13 I see you....

I have a son that was born in August 1989 and he's 14. So unless this dude was born in early January he is only 16. Nice story but I don't think so.

37. budman57

budman57 New Member

Gibson's obviously older than he states. He leaves a trail that's pretty easy to follow. I found this on a Volleyball website from two years ago, where he was promoting a tournament and asking people to send him money. It has his true address and phone number on it as well.... dumba$$

I wonder if the tournament ever took place or if it was another scam of his?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEACH VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT
    (Cambridge, Ontario)

Saturday August 24, 2002
    Cambridge Ice Parks (1001 Franklin Blvd., Cambridge)

Divisions:

COMPETITIVE - Men's 2's, Ladies 2's, Co-ed 4's
    Cost: $60 (2's)
    $120 (4's)

RECREATIONAL (No spiking)
    Co-ed 6's
    Cost: $150 per team
    Cash and Prizes available!

Send Entries: Derek Gibson
    2 Phin Ave.
    Cambridge, Ontario
    N3C 2J8

Fax: 519-622-9163
    Cheques and/or money orders payable to Derek Gibson
    Entry Deadline: Wednesday June 19, 2002
    For More Information: 519-658-5245 (Before 6:00 p.m.)
    519-240-2643 (After 6:00 p.m.)
    E-Mail: youngguns@interactive.rogers.com

38. chucky02

chucky02 Active Member

If this is the original DG, then he must be pretty dumb to use his youngguns name that we all know... unless this is someone's idea of a sick joke... somone is pulling our legs, people!!!! This is NOT DG!

Besides, didn't they put DG away?

39. foreignkid

foreignkid Addicted to Softballfans

DG's trial isn't over yet as far as people in Ontario know. As soon as it is done I'm sure it will be over all of the boards up here.

40. pfk167

pfk167 New Member

Don't make this about nationality. Derek did what he did because he's an a**hole, not because he's from Canada.

P.S. Hockey is Canadian, and I think we invented basketball too!!