Had my bat tested at at tourny

andydic

Addicted to Softballfans
At at tourney in Fargo, ND this weekend, they performed a compression test on my bat before they would put the orange tape on it and allow it in the tourney. First time I have ever seen this but I agree with it. Weeds out the cheaters.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Then what is the point of it? For ****s and giggles?

They want you to believe that it's actually an accurate test when it reality it isn't. Shaved bats have passed while brand new bats with no hits on them have failed. Good concept but a bad inaccurate flawed machine....

SBF4life

Banned User
They want you to believe that it's actually an accurate test when it reality it isn't. Shaved bats have passed while brand new bats with no hits on them have failed. Good concept but a bad inaccurate flawed machine....

this is true. Until they are able to look inside the barrel these are all guesses that if a bat is shaved or not.

MaverickAH

I can't say with any certainty as to whether these machines are accurate or not but.........

The point of the test is to identify bats that perform over the limit & not just shaved bats. This means (whether you want to acknowledge it or not!) that shaved bats, stock bats or even NIW bats could potentially fail this test.

To blindly assume that a stock or NIW bat is automatically legal is a false assumption!

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I can't say with any certainty as to whether these machines are accurate or not but.........

The point of the test is to identify bats that perform over the limit & not just shaved bats. This means (whether you want to acknowledge it or not!) that shaved bats, stock bats or even NIW bats could potentially fail this test.

To blindly assume that a stock or NIW bat is automatically legal is a false assumption!

yeah, you are correct but when someone goes to a tourney and stands in line to get a bat tested and it fails and then the guy hops back in line and has it checked again and it passes you have to admit there is something wrong. I've personally seen it happen. I've also had a bat checked one week and told it didn't pass and the next week on a different machine it passes. I play on a team on Wednesday night with a guy who plays in my Sunday Coed league and I was at his house a couple of weeks ago for a BBQ when the RD28 he ordered came in the mail. It was NIW from one of the more reputable sites out there and the very next morning it failed a compression test at our fields. I just don't believe there is any way the testers are as accurate as they claim to be.

vtw8lftr

Tight But Whole
yeah, you are correct but when someone goes to a tourney and stands in line to get a bat tested and it fails and then the guy hops back in line and has it checked again and it passes you have to admit there is something wrong. I've personally seen it happen. I've also had a bat checked one week and told it didn't pass and the next week on a different machine it passes. I play on a team on Wednesday night with a guy who plays in my Sunday Coed league and I was at his house a couple of weeks ago for a shaving party when the RD28 he ordered came in the mail. It was NIW from one of the more reputable sites out there and the very next morning it failed a compression test at our fields. I just don't believe there is any way the testers are as accurate as they claim to be.

Fixed it for ya :eek:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
my league has went to the whole "all tournament/league bats must be tested" deal this year....from what I understand damn near $900 for the machine and almost $500 for a bunch of the little shiny stickers....but here is what gets me...your bat gets tested and passes...great, 2 days later you take it and get some shaved out of it and now there is no way it would prob. pass...at this point what does an orange sticker prove...

AveregeJay

Banned User
my league has went to the whole "all tournament/league bats must be tested" deal this year....from what I understand damn near $900 for the machine and almost $500 for a bunch of the little shiny stickers....but here is what gets me...your bat gets tested and passes...great, 2 days later you take it and get some shaved out of it and now there is no way it would prob. pass...at this point what does an orange sticker prove...

They could have bought a pinball machine for that much. :)

JGorms41

Addicted to Softballfans
At at tourney in Fargo, ND this weekend, they performed a compression test on my Shaved bat before they would put the orange tape on it and allow it in the tourney. First time I have ever seen this but I agree with it. Weeds out the cheaters.

Fixed it lol....

hevyd258

Addicted to Softballfans
pinball would have been sweet....I would have preferred NBA JAMS instead...old school Cavs...Mark Price and Brad Daugherty :cool:

HES ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!

When you think about it, it became obvious to everyone pretty soon after they started using these machines that they do not do what they are supposed to. Its a money making scam. Failed bats means more people buying bats!!!!!

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans

brand new bats can be shaved with the wrapper on, somewhat. or without the wrapperyou can tell it has no hits. ijs

TheJackal666

Silence....I keel you
Because, if they were smart, they would use a different color tape at the next tourney.

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
Um, how much money is somebody losing by sending these brand new bats back to get broke open only to find out they have to buy the person a new bat?