any type 1 dieabetics on here or personal trainers

GrandCherokee

Addicted to Softballfans
I admire you guys with type 1 that still remain active while dealing with that disease. I had someone very close to me in my life with type 1 so I know how serious it is.

nomar05

Addicted to Softballfans
ya it sucks i have the pump also i need to lose about 25 pounds but no matter what i do for workouts i can muscle i'v done crossfit p90x all the stuff that is supposed to help to lose weight but get lean muscle i way in at 217 would reall love to get back down to 185, but i will work out and i shoot up to 225 228 instead of going down i no insulin is a steroid i'm at the point where i just might stop useing weights at all

-TC-

Manager
ya it sucks i have the pump also i need to lose about 25 pounds but no matter what i do for workouts i can muscle i'v done crossfit p90x all the stuff that is supposed to help to lose weight but get lean muscle i way in at 217 would reall love to get back down to 185, but i will work out and i shoot up to 225 228 instead of going down i no insulin is a steroid i'm at the point where i just might stop useing weights at all

what is your bodyfat roughly? Even with insulin you can still lose weight, you need to lower your calories.

Burger1976

Banned User
First speak to your physician overseeing your diabetes and let the Dr. know your are trying to lose weight and having difficulties. Insulin can be an anabolic hormone, but it isn't a steriod. More than likely your Dr. can help you in some way.

Losing bodyfat depends mainly on calories in vs. calories out (Do more and eat less). Being a diabetic definitely makes it more complicated, but you can still lose some bodyfat over time. You have to expend 3500 calories more than you consume to lose one pound of bodyfat, so be patient.

george

Addicted to Softballfans
the problem is what you eat and how frequent. im type 2 and take metformin. also have high blood pressure.
i take diovan hct it has a dieretic in it.
i have no problem losing weight and gaining it back.
from my experience i have found that. eating more fruit and veggies and drinking a lot of water is the key.
i also work in a hospital always talking to the dietian about my diet.
cheerios with strawberries for breakfast
a turkey wrap with lettuce and tomatoes and a big salad for lunch
a good dinner
cut your bread totally out and cut your soda intake also if you take sugar in coffee cut it down.
Carbs have to be cut.
one of my favorite meals is
pan seared chicken strips and garlic with broccoli and wheat pasta over olive oil salt and pepper.
the wheat pasta will raise your sugar but it will also break down faster then regular pasta.
so it goes up but comes down way faster,
water a lot of water. stay away rom gatorade and power drinks as they have tons of salt.
do more cardio then free weights . when i mean more i am tryin to say take your time do less reps but more sets.
im at 185 now i went down 7 lbs in 4 months but im losing more fat them gaining muscle.
january i start p90x work out.
it is difficult at times

nomar05

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks 4 all these great answers they r greatly appreciated ,keep them coming the more info i get is great