ASA Z1000 vs One .12

erickristy

Addicted to Softballfans
I would like to get opinions on this. I am trying to decide which I want to get and I am having a hard time. I am not worried as much about distance as I am exit speed on grounders and line drives. Any help would be great....Thank you

Johnboy

Addicted to Softballfans
Exit speed produces distance in the air or on the ground. There is no distinction between grounders, liners or homeruns other than in spin and/or trajectory. Exit speed is exit speed. So a bat either has the pop or it doesn't, regardless of whether you're wanting to hit bombs or crush grounders.

wink

Winkleton
Exit speed produces distance in the air or on the ground. There is no distinction between grounders, liners or homeruns other than in spin and/or trajectory. Exit speed is exit speed. So a bat either has the pop or it doesn't, regardless of whether you're wanting to hit bombs or crush grounders.

Dude. We don't need educated posts here! Who the hell are you? A college graduate?? :D

ps- best damn post on this topic ever!

sophat34

<font color="blue">Bat bringer...</font>
Z has end load option, hot out of the wrapper. .12 slightly end loaded, swings light for sticker weight, and requires some break in. Have them both, both great sticks.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
Brave men (and a few women) have given their lives to protect this secret, and you just nonchalantly post it on an Internet message board?

Johnboy

Addicted to Softballfans
Dude. We don't need educated posts here! Who the hell are you? A college graduate?? :D

ps- best damn post on this topic ever!

I've studied a little bit over the years. lol

I lurk here quite a bit, and I see some weird concepts burried in this type of question every now and then. I remember one guy saying that his bat seems to really rip the ball through the infield, but the ball just dies when it reaches the outfield. Here's a newsflash... Once the ball has left your bat, the bat no longer has any influence on the ball. It's not as if the bat is a magic wand that can blaze the ball for a certain distance and then suddenly pull back the reigns like on a horse nearing the edge of a cliff. lol This may be science, but it's not rocket science. :)

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
both are good bats, cant go wrong either way. I think my z1000 has better exit speed (visually) vs when i've swung the demarini line, but both, again, are very good post abi bats.

13obby

Addicted to Softballfans

I've studied a little bit over the years. lol

I lurk here quite a bit, and I see some weird concepts burried in this type of question every now and then. I remember one guy saying that his bat seems to really rip the ball through the infield, but the ball just dies when it reaches the outfield. Here's a newsflash... Once the ball has left your bat, the bat no longer has any influence on the ball. It's not as if the bat is a magic wand that can blaze the ball for a certain distance and then suddenly pull back the reigns like on a horse nearing the edge of a cliff. lol This may be science, but it's not rocket science. :)

^^^^^^^it is like a breath of fresh air. Nice posts.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
pitched against a Z1000 the other night. Sounded like a cracked Steel's metal bat from the early 90's. Do they all sound like that, or was it the guys swing??

Donkeypuncher

Addicted to Softballfans
pitched against a Z1000 the other night. Sounded like a cracked Steel's metal bat from the early 90's. Do they all sound like that, or was it the guys swing??

yes... like breaking glass....also the amoha sounds similar to what your describing

thepiombino

Addicted to Softballfans

They all sound like that. To be honest, I think that sound has a bit of a placebo effect on people. I think that bat is decent, but nowhere near what some people seem to think (some claim it's the second coming). It's a decent bat, but I think you'll see it fall out of favor once people start to realize that funny sounds do NOT equal more distance.

baseman

in your face nancy grace
They all sound like that. To be honest, I think that sound has a bit of a placebo effect on people. I think that bat is decent, but nowhere near what some people seem to think (some claim it's the second coming). It's a decent bat, but I think you'll see it fall out of favor once people start to realize that funny sounds do NOT equal more distance.

Love that part. I like the z1000 from what i've seen. I haven't hit it yet. I have not been a huge fan of demar's except the evo's.

thepiombino

Addicted to Softballfans
Love that part. I like the z1000 from what i've seen. I haven't hit it yet. I have not been a huge fan of demar's except the evo's.

I just find it funny. Anytime I talk to someone who has the bat or has swung it I ask them what it is about that bat that's so good. First thing out of most of their mouths is "the sound." It doesn't help that everyone on the other teams are always claiming their swinging glass because of the sound. So people start romanticizing things. All of a sudden, 200 ft. shots in the gap become 300+ bombs when recanting the story. It's just silly.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
We have both sticks on our team..... I have the Z and picked it up back in early April. I will say that the bat is super hot out of the wrapper... I have over 100 swings on it and it is not any hotter now then the day I got it. The demar has been a solid stick and for most of the guys on the team it is the go to bat... On the other hand I really like my z. I can't say it has distance like some of the great post abi bats, but the sweet spot is huge and really had to miss. I don't have any problems hitting missiles with it, and I think the sound is a bonus.... The infield is always playing me deep when the see someone at the plate with the z.

baseman

in your face nancy grace
I just find it funny. Anytime I talk to someone who has the bat or has swung it I ask them what it is about that bat that's so good. First thing out of most of their mouths is "the sound." It doesn't help that everyone on the other teams are always claiming their swinging glass because of the sound. So people start romanticizing things. All of a sudden, 200 ft. shots in the gap become 300+ bombs when recanting the story. It's just silly.

Nice, I use my Salvo pretty much as my primary go to bat but now that my 500 is starting to open up it is gettng more game time.