Shot Middle on Girl Pitcher Last Night... Oops.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Playing ASA Modified last night (yeah, I know, but nobody reads that board, and this is where all the "Hitting Middle" -threads live).

Girl pitcher who is pretty good and throws low & hard (50-60 MPH). She would not give me a nice pitch - Everything low & outside.

So, I scooped out the last one and it pissled inches over her head to CF. I think it scared me more than her, since she really had no reaction -time.

I immediately apologized to her from 1st. Sometimes hard to avoid... :eek:

Really glad it got over her. Keep seeing it in my head. Maybe I should just let those pitches go and take a walk, but sometimes it is automatic...

No baloney comments from other team, or retaliation that I could tell. I was expecting it a little, being the pitcher... phew!

Let the "Kewl Story, Brah" -ing begin...

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
b69b46ec-3fa9-40df-bf67-fae1f2851bb8.jpg

tony67

Can't even buy a hit!
Cool story bro

But seriously if shes man enough to pitch...... She has to expect that sometimes

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Cool story bro

But seriously if shes man enough to pitch...... She has to expect that sometimes

She is considered the best pitcher in the league (though I like to think I am now giving her a run for her $ in my first year in league/modified). Definitely fastest pitches I have faced in that league so far. She is legit, but only 45 feet away. I know it shouldn't matter, but I would feel worse hitting a girl.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
You should have shot it in her mouth

I get the joke, but I imagine if it did hit her, it would not be sexy at all...

It got me thinking... I have never hit someone with a ball in all these years (other than maybe a missed, hot grounder). I am not sure how I would take it, if I did... I am a pretty caring -type of dude. I really think I would have trouble at the plate after I did this, worrying that I might do it again.

I'm usually the guy getting hit at, so weird to be on the other end of it.

When people hit middle on me and say sorry (they apologize maybe 50% of time), I tell them "No worries. It's part of the job."

Different perspective now...

redwards92

Addicted to Softballfans
I did that in league last week but it was more like 1ft over her head. (regular slow pitch NSA)

for some reason team was playing a rover against me so there was a huge gap straight dead center field and I took a low middle of the mat pitch and lasered one right over her head into the huge gap for a triple. . .

couldn't tell how close it was because I just hit it and started booking trying to leg out as much extra bases as possible

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
I did that in league last week but it was more like 1ft over her head. (regular slow pitch NSA)

for some reason team was playing a rover against me so there was a huge gap straight dead center field and I took a low middle of the mat pitch and lasered one right over her head into the huge gap for a triple. . .

couldn't tell how close it was because I just hit it and started booking trying to leg out as much extra bases as possible

Actually, I would call it my best hit of the year so far, in terms of power. One-hopped right to CF. Really got the sweet spot. Like the ball wasn't there. Which is what makes it scary. Seriously may have killed her, if it was 6 inches lower... :eek:

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
I knocked a guy on his ass this weekend.. put it about 3 inches from his left ear (had a mask on thank God) and the sonic boom/shock wave as it went past him knocked him over. I never knew a ball traveling the speed of sound made such a loud noise! :eek:

turner033

Addicted to Softballfans
I went middle on a pitcher last week, off his glove then his ribs..he may have broken a rib. Also went up the middle on a 68 year old guy, the moral of both stories don't pitch me low.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
I went middle on a pitcher last week, off his glove then his ribs..he may have broken a rib. Also went up the middle on a 68 year old guy, the moral of both stories don't pitch me low.

You're why slopitch sucks ass now.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit my exwife square in the stomach with a line drive and had to go to the ER after that lol. I felt bad.... for a moment.

Moose40

I make turtles look fast
Darn! And here I was thinking I was all kewl and I was being a "Cool Board Bro" with the use of that term. :eek:

I just don't get you kids and your "lingo"... :confused:

Start using the term "I go" when catching a fly ball to let everyone know the ball is yours. Not sure how many times I hear that now

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Start using the term "I go" when catching a fly ball to let everyone know the ball is yours. Not sure how many times I hear that now

That is a new one to me... I go... ?

Too much trouble to add "t it"? :confused:

TeeHee. I just typed "t it". :cool: