NSA E Super Worlds, Rock Hill, SC

Stretch19

Grow up
bwahahha, yeah buddy it sure does make the $800 in travel money we have won so far go a lot further when youre only a hour and a half from the site...

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
bwahahha, yeah buddy it sure does make the $800 in travel money we have won so far go a lot further when youre only a hour and a half from the site...

Hey where is the best place to stay out there? Yeah the $950 we won isn't going to even put a dent in that trip. lol

Stretch19

Grow up
Honestly man there is a bunch of hotels right in Rock Hill, within 5 or so minutes from the park, right off the HWY. We got a bunch of young guys that travel alone most of the time so we go with whatever is the cheapest to be honest, but there is plenty to choose from.

last couple times we have been there we stayed at The Econo Lodge and a Super 8 which are right next door/across the street from eachother. Both of these fine establishments on Riverview Rd, which is literally right off the HWY and Cherry Street, which the park is on.
There are places to eat between the hotels and the park and a Hooters right up the road as well.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly man there is a bunch of hotels right in Rock Hill, within 5 or so minutes from the park, right off the HWY. We got a bunch of young guys that travel alone most of the time so we go with whatever is the cheapest to be honest, but there is plenty to choose from.

last couple times we have been there we stayed at The Econo Lodge and a Super 8 which are right next door/across the street from eachother. Both of these fine establishments on Riverview Rd, which is literally right off the HWY and Cherry Street, which the park is on.
There are places to eat between the hotels and the park and a Hooters right up the road as well.

Right on. Thanks for the info bro. Either one of those better than the other?

eHall

Base burglar
There are much nicer hotels the next exit south from the ballpark exit. All within a built up suburban shopping area. We stayed at a brand new holiday inn last year for under 100 per night. Room was huge. A few words of advice. Always ask for a handicapped room, especially if you are packing 4 or more guys in a room. There are a ton more upper scale hotels around that area too.

The road the park is on is somewhat dirty and ghetto. The parks are immaculate though. You couldnt have paid me to stay in the super 8/econolodge down there. When a motel/hotel looks bad from the outside, its usually 5 times worse when you get inside.

If you normally stay in 50-60 dollar a night hotels, Im sure they will be fine for you. I prefer the nicer newer hotels when I am traveling.

You will be spending more time in the hotel than you do on a normal softball weekend.

Stretch19

Grow up
There are much nicer hotels the next exit south from the ballpark exit. All within a built up suburban shopping area. We stayed at a brand new holiday inn last year for under 100 per night. Room was huge. A few words of advice. Always ask for a handicapped room, especially if you are packing 4 or more guys in a room. There are a ton more upper scale hotels around that area too.

The road the park is on is somewhat dirty and ghetto. The parks are immaculate though. You couldnt have paid me to stay in the super 8/econolodge down there. When a motel/hotel looks bad from the outside, its usually 5 times worse when you get inside.

If you normally stay in 50-60 dollar a night hotels, Im sure they will be fine for you. I prefer the nicer newer hotels when I am traveling.

You will be spending more time in the hotel than you do on a normal softball weekend.

i am guessing that you missed this part of my post:

sounds to me like he didnt much mind either, i save the nice hotels when im vacationing with the girl, could care less what a room looks like when ive got 2-3 other guys in it

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans

I would say that the econo lodge looks like the typical 50 bucks a night hotel but, the Super 8 actually looks half way decent. I guess the renovated the hotel in 2010 and they have a continental breakfast.

We are going with the mindset that everyone can have there own bed instead of packing 4 to a room.

I guess that I will continue to look but, considering that we are traveling from Cali, we will have to look to cut costs somewhere.

08545_b1.jpg

08545_b4.jpg

08545_c6.jpg

Stretch19

Grow up
I would say that the econo lodge looks like the typical 50 bucks a night hotel but, the Super 8 actually looks half way decent. I guess the renovated the hotel in 2010 and they have a continental breakfast.

We are going with the mindset that everyone can have there own bed instead of packing 4 to a room.

I guess that I will continue to look but, considering that we are traveling from Cali, we will have to look to cut costs somewhere.

yeah the super 8 isnt bad man, its definitely not the worst place ive ever stayed, thats for sure. i will serve its purpose just fine i have a feeling and i like i said, its right off the same road the park is on, literally 5-10 minutes from the fields tops.

eHall

Base burglar

08545_b1.jpg

08545_b4.jpg

08545_c6.jpg

Doesnt look bad from the pictures but pictures can be misleading. Dont say i didnt warn you.

We slept 6 in the holiday inn "handicapped" room. Two guys brought sleeping bags. The only downside was that six guys can stink up a room of any size. Farts, beer bottles, dip cups, and dirty uniforms make for a smelly room.

Stretch19

Grow up
Doesnt look bad from the pictures but pictures can be misleading. Dont say i didnt warn you.

We slept 6 in the holiday inn "handicapped" room. Two guys brought sleeping bags. The only downside was that six guys can stink up a room of any size. Farts, beer bottles, dip cups, and dirty uniforms make for a smelly room.

haha, thats kinda what i was thinking...you put enough guys in any hotel room and its going to be a dump after 1 night anyways

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans

Hey stretch, are the pictures pretty accurate?

Yeah been there and done that with all the guys in a room. The other thing is, we can't bring sleeping bags or aerobeds with us on the plane, not trying to pay for the extra baggage fees.

Stretch19

Grow up
Exactly bro.

yeah the pictures are accurate, its no Westin by any means but at the same time its not the Bates motel either...we will be at one of these two as well I'm guessing, save some of that travel money for the shake em spot

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah the pictures are accurate, its no Westin by any means but at the same time its not the Bates motel either...we will be at one of these two as well I'm guessing, save some of that travel money for the shake em spot

hahahahaah good shiet. I will start saving my lunch money now. hahaha:D

Stretch19

Grow up
there is an all nude club up the street that was decent a couple years ago when we visited during one trip...im sure with the number of teams in town that weekend they will have a bunch of girls working haha

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
there is an all nude club up the street that was decent a couple years ago when we visited during one trip...im sure with the number of teams in town that weekend they will have a bunch of girls working haha

Yeah I am sure they will be bringin in the ringers. :D

Kind of wondering how many teams are going to make the trip?

eHall

Base burglar
Yeah I am sure they will be bringin in the ringers. :D

Kind of wondering how many teams are going to make the trip?

There were 64 for the D supers last year. but there were about 15-20 no shows.

We found this little sports bar behind the and tore it up on the friday and saturday night of the tournament. They had 1.50 yuenglings. Not a great beer but better than bud/miller/coors. I think it was called "fast lane" or something like that.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
last time it was down here a couple years back i want to say it had like 60-70 teams maybe?

There were 64 for the D supers last year. but there were about 15-20 no shows.

I figured there would be somewhere between 50-70 teams.

We found this little sports bar behind the and tore it up on the friday and saturday night of the tournament. They had 1.50 yuenglings. Not a great beer but better than bud/miller/coors. I think it was called "fast lane" or something like that.

That is good to know bro. Glad to get a little lay of the land before heading out there.

devildoc

Extra Hitter
I just recently stayed up there at the super 8 for a tourney up there and it wasn't a bad place to stay pretty clean and breakfast was just like any other ceral, waffles and juice. But everything was right there fast food resturants, groccery store and walmart and ***** was only an exit away. We stayed there for 59.63 with taxes and it is only 5 mins if that from the park. Hope to see you guys up there and good luck to all the rest of the season let me know if you guys need to know anything else

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Stretch.... see yall are in the tournament this weekend at Cherry... see ya there..

FYI: The Microtel Inn isnt a bad place to stay(I think the rooms are around $65 or so a night)

rommel51

VP of Jock Strap cleaning
i seen a midget and hooters when I was there last year and we got really drunk. Cherry something park is very nice if thats where it is again.