3m spray on barrel of bat

Losdoyers13

Is it just me or does anyone else find that crap annoying...I'm hoping there is a scientifically proven fact that it helps hit harder and farther for as hideous and illegal as it looks on a bat. IJS...

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
its suppose to "bite" the ball better and put more spin on it. but i dont mess with it. i hear some dudes do it to new shaved bats cause it makes the bat look older with dirt stuck all over it.

slipknot7801

Addicted to Softballfans
it is not legal, plus u a new rule states u need to see the graphics of the barrel and sometimes too much 3m brakes that rule too

fast.blue

Panty Dropping Shots
It doesn't bother me. What pissed me off is when some douche grabs my bat and sprays that crap on it. Or pine tar. **** is annoying.

KC16

MOP
they made me stop using a bat that had spray tar on it at the beast of the east earlier this year. it wasnt even up the barrel.

Losdoyers13

I only put pine stick on my bats with bat tape already on em... If anything I clean the barrels of my bats so I can easily spot paint cracks and webbing... One of my buddy's bats are so bat with 3M and dirt that I can tell it was once an nrg lol

altieri20

Bat Wh*re
I'd be curious to know if the ball is actually on the bat long enough for this to even make a difference.

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
I think it is illegal.

With that said, the old guy that does color commentary for USSSA, said during one of the major tournament broadcasts streams that they tested it and it didn't make a difference.

TFS #33

Addicted to Softballfans
Around here you see it all the time in USSSA tourny's but hardly ever in ASA, unless the team is playing both sanctions. It is illegle since you are not allowed to put anything on the barrell of the bat and I will call them out on it everytime, if nothing else it screws with their head.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Is it just me or does anyone else find that crap annoying...I'm hoping there is a scientifically proven fact that it helps hit harder and farther for as hideous and illegal as it looks on a bat. IJS...

I use it on the handle. Sometime a little bit gets on the barrel on accident tho:eek::eek::eek:

Old dirty basta

Addicted to Softballfans
I put Pam cooking spray. It really helps the ball slide through the wind. What a joke putting spray on barrel give me a fuc&ing break.

Crush17er

Addicted to Softballfans
In ASA nationals they wouldnt allow bats that had spray on the barrell... they said clean them off or dont use them...

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
Of course it is going to help. It is like hitting a pitching wedge with no grooves vs. one with grooves. Not that extreme in this case of course but think of it that way. It will help with spinning and helps hold the cracks together a little bit. But, it is illegal in NSA and USSSA. Suppose to be the same rule as swinging an altered bat.

DBO20

Addicted to Softballfans
If you spray before every at bat...of course it will help spin the ball. I don't personally do it.

DBO20

Addicted to Softballfans
Of course it is going to help. It is like hitting a pitching wedge with no grooves vs. one with grooves. Not that extreme in this case of course but think of it that way. It will help with spinning and helps hold the cracks together a little bit. But, it is illegal in NSA and USSSA. Suppose to be the same rule as swinging an altered bat.

I was going to use the same analogy.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb

^^^^This^^^^

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher

except testing has shown there is no real difference? spraying 3m on your pitching wedge isn't going allow you to draw a ball back 15 feet on the green.