tumblebug

My name is NEO!
I'll start this one . . .

The is the last post on the old thread:

BigShep said:
TB -
Google "Throwers Ten Exercises" ...
http://www.eteamz.com/palyvolleyball...nexercises.pdf
These exercises are the gold standard. You'll notice some can be done with light dumbells (< 5 lbs), other important ones can only be done with a band, or pulley weight system. But you gotta actually do them ... not just be inclined.

I got diagnosed last week with a bulging thoracic disc. I got on the phone and called around to local "Sports Rehab & Therapy" places and asked them if the were "affiliated with any local teams". That narrowed it down real fast to one guy at one place who specializes in ball players ... more specifically, throwers. Today was my first day of PT. This guy is great. Did muscular-skeletal evaluation, heat and electric stimulation, deep massage and some exercises. Next week he wants to evaluate my mechanics so I don't re-injure myself. All that and his young assistant is well-endowed.

There's no way you can do as good a job on you own as a GOOD, QUALIFIED, PROFESSIONAL, SPORTS-SPECIFIC therapist. I'm not there for the "feel-good" ... I'm there to get fixed right and get back on the field.

Thanks! The routine the doctor gave me is nearly identical. He also included some stretching. I started throwing again at his direction (not actully at him but rather cuz he told me to). I am doing the work daily. It feels odd to do this with such light weights. I got a little insight from Alan Jaeger on this subject way back when, when my son had shoulder issues. You're right; you gotta do the exercises, not just understand them, for them to do any good. I've reached out to a few of the experts to find the right guy. For now I'm doing the routine my doctor gave me. He also recommended deep tissue massage (happy ending optional).

Good luck with your bulging disc. I have to say, it sucks getting old.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I'll start this one . . .

The is the last post on the old thread:

Thanks! The routine the doctor gave me is nearly identical. He also included some stretching. I started throwing again at his direction (not actully at him but rather cuz he told me to). I am doing the work daily. It feels odd to do this with such light weights. I got a little insight from Alan Jaeger on this subject way back when, when my son had shoulder issues. You're right; you gotta do the exercises, not just understand them, for them to do any good. I've reached out to a few of the experts to find the right guy. For now I'm doing the routine my doctor gave me. He also recommended deep tissue massage (happy ending optional).

Good luck with your bulging disc. I have to say, it sucks getting old.

It beats the alternative. ;)

tumblebug

My name is NEO!
So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young. So I play the numbers game to find a way to say that life has just begun. Had a talk with my old man; said, "Help me understand." He said, "turn sixty-eight, you'll re-negotiate."

Last edited:

BanjoDan

<font color="#8B3A3A">Finger Pickin' Good</font>
Thinking about buying a moped/scooter. Anyone have any experience with that sort of thing?

doc63

Star Player
haha stay away from those damn scooter i hate them im in japan there every and annoying dont do it

gofisch

I'm 50 and work with a lot of geriatrics. I run into guys just a few years older than me that are a mess. It scares the crap out of me that I will end up like them. It keeps me exercising and watching my weight. Do not let yourself go, stay active and watch what you eat.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Exhausting day. Why does it always rain for funerals? I can count less than one hand how many funerals I've been to in sunny weather. Brief ceremony at least, as it was a cremation. Just service at the church with a brief gathering for interment.

I think my black suit has a permanent package of tissues in the pocket :rolleyes:

BanjoDan

<font color="#8B3A3A">Finger Pickin' Good</font>
Chicks dig Vespas.

tumblr_kuew79nCbZ1qzsahoo1_500.jpg

jaj23

Eye Baller
Played in a D tourney tonight. We won the first three games, then lost in the finals to the same team we beat the game before. It was lots of fun until the other team put up 9 runs in the top of the 6th and 14 runs in the top of the 7th. We lost 31-9...I hate losing that bad.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Played in a D tourney tonight. We won the first three games, then lost in the finals to the same team we beat the game before. It was lots of fun until the other team put up 9 runs in the top of the 6th and 14 runs in the top of the 7th. We lost 31-9...I hate losing that bad.

Were they sandbagging against you in the first game? That's a lot of runs in a short time :confused:

At least you're playing, though. 30's and raining all week here.