Middle retaliation question.....

TEXSTRO

Star Player
**Cool story brah alert**

So I get two strikes on which Is the norm cause I always wait for first strike. I get a pitch on the outside and it it goes back up the middle and hits the pitcher. It bounce first though hits him in the shin. Not intentional at all. I apologize and walk to first cause the ball somehow made it to the outfield. They start running their mouth. Blue takes my bat. we kept quiet cause obviously to them its a big deal we understand. Their next at bat they tried to hit middle intentionally which I understand. They want revenge. The problem is they tried 4 or 5 times and failed throught the next two innings. On top of that my last at bat I hit one passed third I will go ahead and brag and say it was a rope. I get to second and I overhear some dudes in the dugout not even playing telling their third baseman to plow me over if i make it to 3rd. I pitch so i understand being pissed off but I know its bound to happen. It will always happen. I dont understand why these MEN cry like girls when they get hit. Its the nature of the beast. Now the question. If plan on retaliating and you make it obvous how many goes should you get at it if you fail the first time?

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Too many guys w/ small cranks trying to make up for it by driving full size trucks and shootin middle. This is nuts. It's a game and the pitcher is just as much a fielder as anyone else. If you don't want that risk to be there, then start the ASBWPMOA League (Adult Softball But With Pitching Machines Only Association). Idiots!

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
It's softball, seriously. Retaliation is for ******* and hoodlums. If a guy wants to get tough, climb in the cage and prove it. Otherwise, play the game.

Deerock

The Prospect
If someone shoots middle at me and says sorry pitch, i say "it's cool". Let it go and keep playing...

Wierd, you mean the ball can actually get hit to all parts of the field and each player has a glove? Hey as a pitcher, I excpect balls being hit middle, its a position. Intentionally hitting middle to hurt the pitcher...that's a different story.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If someone shoots middle at me and says sorry pitch, i say "it's cool". Let it go and keep playing...

Wierd, you mean the ball can actually get hit to all parts of the field and each player has a glove? Hey as a pitcher, I excpect balls being hit middle, its a position. Intentionally hitting middle to hurt the pitcher...that's a different story.

I think things are a bit different in our neck of the woods. A pitcher was wearing shin guards at a tourney last weekend and his teammates were teasing him about it. My first at-bat I scorched one ankle high and bounced right off his shin guards. I immediately apologised, but he was cool about it. He's like "that's why I bought these things!".

If that were SoCal, I probably would have had to pull out my gat in case snoop dog stepped to me. :rolleyes: ;)

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
I would of hit middle every time up if you have a legit bat it is part of the game and that is why they allow the pitcher to wear a glove. If my pitcher gets drilled he does not have to say one word to any of us and he knows we have his back.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
if you said sorry i wouldnt blow middle up at all....its part of the game tho...middle is always open...but im guessing your a pull hitter since u hit the outside pitch up the middle then another ball hit at 3rd so it doesn't seem like you did it intentionally anyways, an on top if it you made a class act move by saying sorry...this is GTG

falko1266

Addicted to Softballfans
That same story is a weekly storyline in our leagues. All you can do is go about your buisness... If they hit your pitcher once
then they believe they'd be even. It's stupid tho really
It's ok to hit middle...Not ok to attempt to hurt someone

TEXSTRO

Star Player
They end up getting run ruled because they kept going 3 up and 3 down trying to go middle. To top off the night only about half of their team shook our hands at the end of the game. I imagine they must of went home and beat their wives and kids.

Deerock

The Prospect
I think things are a bit different in our neck of the woods. A pitcher was wearing shin guards at a tourney last weekend and his teammates were teasing him about it. My first at-bat I scorched one ankle high and bounced right off his shin guards. I immediately apologised, but he was cool about it. He's like "that's why I bought these things!".

If that were SoCal, I probably would have had to pull out my gat in case snoop dog stepped to me. :rolleyes: ;)

Must be the niceness in the midwest... lol

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
I can control a lot of my swings and know how to hit middle when I want to. Something a buzz over the tower is needed if they just keep blowing up my pitcher and not saying anything. That usually sends a message and the teams back off.

Deerock

The Prospect
That same story is a weekly storyline in our leagues. All you can do is go about your buisness... If they hit your pitcher once
then they believe they'd be even. It's stupid tho really
It's ok to hit middle...Not ok to attempt to hurt someone

Speaking of your avatar... How are the loco tacos from taco bell? They look delish!

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!

So I get two strikes on which Is the norm cause I always wait for first strike. I get a pitch on the outside and it it goes back up the middle and hits the pitcher. It bounce first though hits him in the shin. Not intentional at all. I apologize and walk to first cause the ball somehow made it to the outfield. They start running their mouth. Blue takes my bat. we kept quiet cause obviously to them its a big deal we understand. Their next at bat they tried to hit middle intentionally which I understand. They want revenge. The problem is they tried 4 or 5 times and failed throught the next two innings. On top of that my last at bat I hit one passed third I will go ahead and brag and say it was a rope. I get to second and I overhear some dudes in the dugout not even playing telling their third baseman to plow me over if i make it to 3rd. I pitch so i understand being pissed off but I know its bound to happen. It will always happen. I dont understand why these MEN cry like girls when they get hit. Its the nature of the beast. Now the question. If plan on retaliating and you make it obvous how many goes should you get at it if you fail the first time?

I thought Texas had a good public education system. After reading this, I don't think that anymore.

TEXSTRO

Star Player
if you said sorry i wouldnt blow middle up at all....its part of the game tho...middle is always open...but im guessing your a pull hitter since u hit the outside pitch up the middle then another ball hit at 3rd so it doesn't seem like you did it intentionally anyways, an on top if it you made a class act move by saying sorry...this is GTG

Hell i even walked to first after I stood there and apologized. He didnt acknowledge it so I went ahead and got on 1. I usually sit down out of respect.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans

Guys are D-bags for not accepting the apology, only question I have is why did blue take the bat? Was it legal?

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not cowardly or heartless enough to try and hurt the pitcher. I'll talk **** behind their backs, on the internet, or out the car window as I'm driving away like a normal person.

eolivares1976

LA Lawmen
Hitting middle is part of the game. If middle is open I usually hit there. Never apologize, never do it maliciously. It's up to the team to decide if they want to shift towards the middle or use a 5 man, this would deter me from going there.
What I do hate is when you know someone is swinging a shaved stick and they shoot middle, our pitcher understands this as well, just doesn't sit well with me

13obby

Addicted to Softballfans

They are all Dbags. Ignore them and play your game. Your pitcher will be able to defend himself with his glove. If you happen to go middle again, by accident or not, no more apologies are necessary. Now, if they get confrontational and/or personal on or off the field, that's a different story. Here in SoCal, this stuff is common.

Sims

Starting Player
They end up getting run ruled because they kept going 3 up and 3 down trying to go middle. To top off the night only about half of their team shook our hands at the end of the game. I imagine they must of went home and beat their wives and kids.

An kicked their dogs.....you can never forget the dogs...