2 in the pinky?

Spackler

...got that goin for me
I understand it must be easier to close a glove not broken in or break in a glove pinky to thumb. But why do you guys do it with a broken in glove? Is it the cool factor... ;)

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans
Using it long enough to break in my gloves it started feeling more comfortable, so I stuck with it.

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
Less palm sting and rebound (when ball hits in the palm). Started when I used my fielders' glove to play 1B. Plus, it helps when you snap off a fly ball.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
I have always done it because I am a hockey goalie and thats how the catching glove is worn, in baseball its a MUCH more comfortable feel especially with a 1B glove.

G&Tbats

Addicted to Softballfans
Less palm sting and rebound (when ball hits in the palm). Started when I used my fielders' glove to play 1B. Plus, it helps when you snap off a fly ball.

I gave it a shot couple weeks ago and liked it, was hesitant at first, tried it playing OF and seems like I cant miss the pocket now lol been making some nice grabs. When playing 2b, I was'nt feeling it tho, back to my pointer finger out...

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
tried it out the other day just for giggles. when the first fly ball hit my glove it was all over. I'll never go back to the traditional way.

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you fishing for 'because that leaves 1 for the stinky..?'

Never tried it, never heard of it really. I break my gloves in thumb to right in between index and middle finger. This is the natural way my hand closes and it works for me. Don't think I'll be changing any time soon.

mtfdben58

Addicted to Softballfans
I've dabbled but it just feels to tight in there for my liking. and the index finger is always out. I don't even think I can put a glove on with my index finger inside.

usmcluberti

Banned User
larger pocket...and I use a 11.5" glove so it extends the glove a decent amount as well. I cannot go back to the old way.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
2 in the pinky originally started because pro players wanted the small glove with the flat heel but a deep pocket. I dont understand why you wouldn't want to have more pocket and more leather wrapping around the ball, securing it. Thumb to pinky is the best break in for baseball and softball.. I dont care what anybody tells you, its a fact. Breaking in a glove thumb to middle finger is just stupid and makes no sense.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I've dabbled but it just feels to tight in there for my liking. and the index finger is always out. I don't even think I can put a glove on with my index finger inside.

Loosen up the knot on the finger loops. I don't even have mine knotted they just hang loose

Smokies26

Manager
This is the way my pops taught me to wear my glove and have my whole life. I have messed around with putting fingers in all slots and man does it feel weird. I feel my index finger would just get destroyed all the time.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
advantages of 2 in the pinky over conventional method..

you have better ball control in the pocket, more pocket, you also dont have your entire hand in the glove so you get more length and there is less sting when catching line drives.. See here

24l90ue.jpg

you also get to break in the glove thumb to pinky, which allows the glove to swallow the ball and control the ball and KEEP it in your glove. see here

103ifx5.jpg

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Good points made so I'll try it...but my glove is closed back and Im used to finger out but I'll try. Have some of you switched to open back so you can still put your index finger out?