Custom help

I am about to order a fully custom glove and I'm having a hard time chosing a company. I'm trying to decide between the following ones

Adiktive sports w-7
M2
Five tool
Glove smith

Any words of advice on company's. I see allot of Adiktive on conference glove smith has been around for years m2 I have a fear it's a roddy with new name ie made by same Mexican company. Five tool too new to know

sbr420a

Addicted to Softballfans
not sure where in bama your located. but my buddy westi runs/owns adiktive. i really like them. if i didnt already own a boombah one i would have one custom made. check out his facebook for some pics of local ones he did.

Yeah I'm friends with him on fb and know will weakly and Jason Hugo Houston very well and they both have them just not sure on if it's the perfect glove for me. I'm leaning heavily his way. And my bass players glove us about worn out after 4 years of use

sbr420a

Addicted to Softballfans
i like bass gloves ;). for the price he sells them for you really cant beat it being custom to your wants and needs ya know.

web gem

Addicted to Softballfans
I personally wouldn't touch any of those Mexican made gloves with a 10 foot pole. They all look terrible.

Of the gloves you listed, I'd definitely go with Glovesmith. Some of the customs being made overseas are much better than those in Mexico, so you might want to consider some of those like Ky Lin, Pro Mound, Woodz, etc...

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I had an overseas made glove and I had a Roddy. I'll take the Mexican made gloves all day long. In my book, M2 is the way to go.

eviladams

All hail Megatron.....
I personally wouldn't touch any of those Mexican made gloves with a 10 foot pole. They all look terrible.

Of the gloves you listed, I'd definitely go with Glovesmith. Some of the customs being made overseas are much better than those in Mexico, so you might want to consider some of those like Ky Lin, Pro Mound, Woodz, etc...

Troof.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
If you are looking for a custom because you want a distinctive color scheme, forget Glovesmith. $300 is a lot of money and they don't offer many color options (at least in the USA).

What a Glovesmith USA Custom gets you is unbelievable quality and the ability to have functional adjustments made so the glove is what you want. On my latest Glovesmith, I had the button lap tightened up, the thumb and pinky loops moved outboard a bit, deleted the palm pad, and had them put a 5" wide H-web (they can do 4.5", 4.75", 5" or 5.25") on the glove. On the downside, only the 1225, 1300 and 1350 are softball specific. I know guys who swear by the 1250 and 1275, but they are baseball patterns, so not quite as wide/deep. The 1225 closes more thumb to middle or index finger, while the larger gloves are more thumb to ring finger or thumb to pinky.

BTW, now that it is breaking in, my 1225USA is measuring closer to 12.5" and I have heard the 1300 is really more like 13.25".

Here it is next to a Vinci BMB
IMAG0367.jpg

JDouglass

Addicted to Softballfans
My 12.5 really plays quite a bit bigger as well. Knowing that, I bought an 11.5 for infield. Pretty sure I'll be purchasing a 12 or 1225 soon.

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
I assume he is talking more along the lines of a custom select ($199)...I could be wrong but all the other customs he mentioned are around $140 or less, so it would be weird to me to include a $300 custom.

I was comparing the 199 glove smith. The Adiktive looks to be of best quality fully custom with a ton of colors. Is it in fact made in Mexico?

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
I assume he is talking more along the lines of a custom select ($199)...I could be wrong but all the other customs he mentioned are around $140 or less, so it would be weird to me to include a $300 custom.

I'd take an oven mitt over a Roddy..

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd eat PB and J for a months to save up $100 and get a USA custom. But given all that, yeah, you may not get the customization with the Glovesmtih Select (or the Horween leather), but I'd still take it over any of the others listed.

DIRTY 30

I'd eat PB and J for a months to save up $100 and get a USA custom.

LOL, actually solid advice here. Rodriguez, unfortunately, still has a long way to go to catch up to even Rawlings Gold Glove low-end quality levels.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Only the USA customs. The Limiteds, Elites, and Selects are all made in China. They do have some stock USA made gloves (USA PRO), but all else made in China.

Mason4208

I'd eat PB and J for a months to save up $100 and get a USA custom. But given all that, yeah, you may not get the customization with the Glovesmtih Select (or the Horween leather), but I'd still take it over any of the others listed.

I say spend what's inside your budget. Some don't make as much as others so if they want a custom in their range who cares? He was asking for advice between the Mexican brands. I'm sure he knows there are better options. I'd actually rather use a roddy and put $50 away in savings every month if I had to.

I say stay in your budget, find out what companies offer the options you want, then go from there. Novak offers 3 leather options, 2 may be in your range and I've heard good things about them.

Don't be like other guys on this forum and live outside your means. Those are the guys that say "I'd buy if I had the funds" or ask sellers to hold it till payday; but yet own several high end gloves...

Crusher09

2x Pinewood Derby Champ!
I say spend what's inside your budget. Some don't make as much as others so if they want a custom in their range who cares? He was asking for advice between the Mexican brands. I'm sure he knows there are better options. I'd actually rather use a roddy and put $50 away in savings every month if I had to.

I say stay in your budget, find out what companies offer the options you want, then go from there. Novak offers 3 leather options, 2 may be in your range and I've heard good things about them.

Don't be like other guys on this forum and live outside your means. Those are the guys that say "I'd buy if I had the funds" or ask sellers to hold it till payday; but yet own several high end gloves...

I like what he said^^^^^^^^^

siding88

PROFESSIONAL BOOB WATCHER
why not pro mound, or even wait for the promotion codes for an akedama, for the money hands down you cant beat the akedama,,,,, i repeat for the thousandth time DO NOT BUY ANYTHING MEXICAN LEATHER, ALL JUNK, novak, little on the thin side. vinci is a solid option also, kinda pricey for their custom program but you can find used new ones on the board all day long for good prices or you even have mizuno that you can buy from the SBF store

eviladams

All hail Megatron.....

^^^This is horrible advice.

What you need to do is drive yourself into tremendous debt. Take out a 2nd mortgage if need be. Get yourself a high interest credit card and max the hell out that mofo. Buy as many gloves as possible. Then, the day after the glove arrives you can post it for sale here and say you need money to pay bills......but you will trade it for a "PI" or a 14.5" IF glove! You can also post a thread asking how big the two gloves you have in your possession play :confused: Mexican leather is always a fantastic option. Their attention to detail and craftsmanship is just.....just outstanding. Maybe you could buy one of the other unmentioned brands that are pushed so heavily on this forum. You know, the ones with gauze in the fingers instead of actual wool padding.

mattingly

Starting Player
^^^This is horrible advice.

What you need to do is drive yourself into tremendous debt. Take out a 2nd mortgage if need be. Get yourself a high interest credit card and max the hell out that mofo. Buy as many gloves as possible. Then, the day after the glove arrives you can post it for sale here and say you need money to pay bills......but you will trade it for a "PI" or a 14.5" IF glove! You can also post a thread asking how big the two gloves you have in your possession play :confused: Mexican leather is always a fantastic option. Their attention to detail and craftsmanship is just.....just outstanding. Maybe you could buy one of the other unmentioned brands that are pushed so heavily on this forum. You know, the ones with gauze in the fingers instead of actual wool padding.

Very nice... 2 thumbs up for forum troof.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Mexican leather is always a fantastic option.

If you're buying anything other than $600 gloves only offered for sale in Japan or $350 pro issues (not the ones with the barcodes.. they're fakes!), you're a loser. Do whatever it takes..

end thread