Noob's Guide to Top of the line Fielding gloves?

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
Can somebody make something up and sticky it here? I am fascinated with all this talk of high end gloves and Pro Gloves, but I'm a noob to all this, and am Completely lost.

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's what I think I think I know.
High end gloves:

Wilson A-2000
Rawling HOH (Heart of the Hide)
Nokona (What I use)
Some Mizuno's (I don't know what models)
Worth Liberty advanced
Vinci

ozzyoyo02

the problem with answering your questions is actual personal preference. its a loaded question. I prefer mizuno..but mizuno has pro limited, vop, classic pro, etc. same with wilson (A2k, a2000); Rawlings has pro prefered, hoh, gold glove, etc. I love my gge7v (vop line Mizuno), didnt like the gmp70. the vop is a cheaper line, but fits my preference. most people I know prefer hoh to pro prefered. it gets even more loaded with wilson. lets stay with a200/a2k for argument sake. a2k are more expensive and made of higher grade leather. but if you add in the PI (pro issue for those who dont know), those a2000 are more expensive than the a2k. and some would argue that they are of a better quality than a2k. so based on that alone, I doubt they would do a sticky. best thing to do is read up and try the gloves. It can be a long process. But try out various lines and models. about the only way to get an answer that RIGHT FOR YOU. hope this helps.

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
the problem with answering your questions is actual personal preference. its a loaded question. I prefer mizuno..but mizuno has pro limited, vop, classic pro, etc. same with wilson (A2k, a2000); Rawlings has pro prefered, hoh, gold glove, etc. I love my gge7v (vop line Mizuno), didnt like the gmp70. the vop is a cheaper line, but fits my preference. most people I know prefer hoh to pro prefered. it gets even more loaded with wilson. lets stay with a200/a2k for argument sake. a2k are more expensive and made of higher grade leather. but if you add in the PI (pro issue for those who dont know), those a2000 are more expensive than the a2k. and some would argue that they are of a better quality than a2k. so based on that alone, I doubt they would do a sticky. best thing to do is read up and try the gloves. It can be a long process. But try out various lines and models. about the only way to get an answer that RIGHT FOR YOU. hope this helps.

This helps a lot. Basically, I was thinking a List of the good stuff, for the noobs out there. There are Best ASA Bat lists, why not a Best Leather list? If it's 100 Gloves long, so be it. Shouldn't be that tough........

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
Pro Issue is really hard to get a hold of, isn't it? I'd think for the sake of this list, that we wouldn't include something that you can't mail order.

BryonR41

Figure I'll add Akadema's lines

Kip Leather: Torino, Patriot, and Precision series
-These will run pretty true to size and will be stiff at first. Very nice leather and nicely made. I currently have a Torino glove and love the way it feels.

Steerhide Leather: Prosoft series and Fast Pitch series
-These were made to be game ready and from what I have heard run smaller than listed. Haven't actually used on of these gloves yet, but won't be a bad option for a utility glove or someone on a budget.

Some negatives: They are shipped with the laces at the tightest setting usually so if you don't like a glove to fit tight it may require some adjusting. I have also heard the laces overall are not as nice as other top of the line gloves, but I am yet to have an issues with mine.

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
OK, so far Here is my list:
Wilson:
A2K
A2000

Mizuno:
GGE7v

Rawlings
pro preferred
HOH
Gold Glove?

Akadema
Torino
Patriot
Precision

Nokona
Bloodline
Kimera
Fenix
classic Walnut
Bufalo

You glove guys feel free to jump in and add to this list.

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
Also, I think this list should be Softball specific. As in Patterns made for softball, or, if it's a Baseball pattern, at least one that can be used for softball.

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
Wilson:
A2K
A2000

Mizuno:
GGE7v
GMP
GGE-VOP
GGE
GCP

Rawlings
pro preferred
HOH
Gold Glove?

Akadema
Torino
Patriot
Precision

Nokona
Bloodline
Kimera
Fenix
classic Walnut
Bufalo

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
OK, so far Here is my list:
Wilson:
A2K
A2000

Mizuno:
GGE7v

Rawlings
pro preferred
HOH
Gold Glove?

Akadema
Torino
Patriot
Precision

Nokona
Bloodline
Kimera
Fenix
classic Walnut
Bufalo

You glove guys feel free to jump in and add to this list.

this list is pointless, unless you're just trying to make a list of every glove available.. go to justballgloves.com & sort by the size/web/price you want ..the more expensive gloves are the better gloves, generally

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
this list is pointless, unless you're just trying to make a list of every glove available.. go to justballgloves.com & sort by the size/web/price you want ..the more expensive gloves are the better gloves, generally

Who Pee'd in your Cheerios this morning?

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
no sense in trying to reinvent the wheel brotherman

I get what you are saying. You're right, typically the more expensive the better. I figure there has to be at least 1,000 gloves on the market that could be used for softball. If we could break that down into a top 50, the best of the best, it might help some Board Bro's out when shopping for their 1st good glove.

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
Wilson:
A2K
A2000

Mizuno:
GGE7v
GMP
GGE-VOP
GGE
GCP

Rawlings
pro preferred
HOH
Gold Glove?

Akadema
Torino
Precision
Patriot

Nokona
Bloodline
Kimera
Fenix
classic Walnut
Bufalo

marty15

Wilson:
A2K
A2000

Mizuno:
GGE7v
GMP
GGE-VOP
GGE
GCP

Rawlings
pro preferred
HOH
Gold Glove?

Akadema
Torino
Patriot
Precision

Nokona
Bloodline
Kimera
Fenix
classic Walnut
Bufalo

just a heads up the the gge7v is a gge-vop so your mizuno is all jacked up...... thats with out even getting into the jap made crest hides and the new 2013 north european kip model pro limiteds lol

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
just a heads up the the gge7v is a gge-vop so your mizuno is all jacked up...... thats with out even getting into the jap made crest hides and the new 2013 north european kip model pro limiteds lol

That's awesome!!! Post me a list on here and I'll delete the one that's on there and Paste in yours!!! This is the kind of feedback I need.