ASA D East National Columbus, OH

Thepiehouse

Funny saying
Lets GO VOODOO!
Been playing with them for years, couldn't make many tournaments with them this year.
We took 2nd in Nationals back in 2009 in Rochester, MN.

Keyhole

You're ****ing out!
Torco was solid. Good hitters all the way through their lineup and their left fielder is a stud.

ahgofish

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats to VooDoo for a great tournament. Solid team with a good mix of vets and great young talent. They should be strong for awhile.

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
Torco was solid. Good hitters all the way through their lineup and their left fielder is a stud.

Congrats to Nightmare for making an unreal run after losing their first game and to a great bunch of guys from VooDoo.

Our LF is a star. Its amazing he just started playing church league ball just 2-3 seasons ago.....he was lights out all weekend.

Last edited:

akabigdaddy13

RAY,what did you do Ray?
Congrats to Nightmare for making an unreal run after losing their first game and to a great bunch of guys from VooDoo.

Our LF is a star. Its amazing he just started playing church league ball just 2-3 seasons ago.....he was lights out all weekend.

where did Frampton play? infield or outfield? kids got talent...... congrats btw. i'm friends with Roo, badass, and play with Freddy in Old Bridge.

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
Frampton plays LF for us. he was the tournament MVP and batting average leader 24/27 i think.

akabigdaddy13

RAY,what did you do Ray?
Frampton plays LF for us. he was the tournament MVP and batting average leader 24/27 i think.

just spoke to freddy and he said he was lights out... glad you guys found some luck in Game #1 and ran with it from there... always need a little luck!! congrats again........

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
PA has a classification program for instate play that is different than the national code.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
PA has a classification program for instate play that is different than the national code.

Congrats!

**** all the haters who are mad that their favorite C team didn't win the tournament.

Any team that wins a D National is a C team.....not the only one in the tournament, just the only one who will get bashed. :D

All the C accolades in your sig probably don't help your argument though ;)

Wiffleking11

Star Player
Congrats to Torco on the Championship! Now go represent the east out in OKC. I rather it have been us *Nightmare*, but our run came up a lil short*3rd*(thats what happens when u lose to one of the worst teams in tourney ur first game @8am lol). But go out an put a can of whoop ass on those teams that play all year round! Also Congrats to Voo-Doo on 2nd. I dont say this in a bitching or whining way at all, But you boys had the hottest Bat of the tourney by far..... that OG flex, SHOTTTTTTTTGUN(now if its from being broken in*bc they are the hottest bat ever as is*, or has a crack in it, or shaved) it goes to show that the compression test is VERY flawed. Im all for bring back the all aluminum! Then we see who the real hitters are! **Not taking anything away from voo-doo on that comment, you boys smashed an one bat doesnt win a game. Just my point on the compression test. Great job to all, was a great time and had alot of fun with alot of diff guys from diff teams on the field. Nice to still see guys take it competitive, but still know how to have fun. Win or lose. Hope to see ya'll next year in the "C's".
Anyone here go to Ocean City for that tourney in November???

Scoop21

Addicted to Softballfans
I play 1st for voodoo and I can tell you that all of our bats are 100% legit. We actually have three guys that swing three different OGs. That wasn't one bat. Our loud mouth Capt gets about 8000 hits/year so blame those skills on repetition and not on a piece of composite. You guys had a great run and no one can take that away from you. Our bats are tested for leagues and all the tourneys out by us so blame it on being the best bat out there (other than an Ultra) and good hitters putting good swings on the ball. Hope to see you guys next year.

Wiffleking11

Star Player
yes i knew that, could tell by the sound...there was one that ur 2nd batter swung. That sounded alot diff then the other two. Like i said, im not saying it was a cheater bat. Just saying that i know for a fact that, that bat isnt no longer a 98mph bat. Again, u fellas hit the ball very well and i dont take any of that away from you, nor am i saying u guys had a cheater bat or won bc of that one bat. Just saying they use that compression test to keep the integrity of the game there, and its most certinly very flawed. i didnt see or here of a single bat not passing (Only ones where the ASA stamp was worn off) did anyone else? So again, congrats to you boys on 2nd and hope to see you guys again down the road.

Keyhole

You're ****ing out!
2nd batter swung an Extended...that was me ;) I don't think mine sounded funny though.

The bat testing was a dog and pony show as usual. I had a bat fail in one spot on the barrel but they spun it and it passed the second time no problem.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
2nd batter swung an Extended...that was me ;) I don't think mine sounded funny though.

The bat testing was a dog and pony show as usual. I had a bat fail in one spot on the barrel but they spun it and it passed the second time no problem.

I hope you paid attention to the spot that failed so you could use that side for your game swings while using the "passing" spots for your BP swings ;)

Keyhole

You're ****ing out!
I was watching the gauge just hoping it passed. The difference was minimal. One test was barely in the pink and the second time was barely out of the pink.

Scoop21

Addicted to Softballfans
Glad you came on here and defended yourself sir. I was pretty sure you still swung the extended. Any of you guys playing in the NSA World in Indy this weekend?

Max Johnson

I am all that is man
Congrats!

**** all the haters who are mad that their favorite C team didn't win the tournament.

Any team that wins a D National is a C team.....not the only one in the tournament, just the only one who will get bashed. :D

All the C accolades in your sig probably don't help your argument though ;)

No hate here. We shat the bed out there this weekend. I realized after I posted that I think I played against Condo when he was with Wagner Farms when I was on Universe Auto. His sig looked weird and had some unusual 'do really well in C and then move down to D' things so I questioned it. Still don't understand the PA rankings system. These teams like RAC that can bounce back and forth between classes and still win are all pretty shady.

Wiffleking11

Star Player
Long weekend haha....then maybe it was your 1 or 3 hitter. someone in the top of the order had a flex that sounded like a Shotgun. Ive had 3 OG flexs in my time myself, the only time i ever heard one sound like that was when it was cracked. But hey, **** it, if it passes the test why not use it right?!?!

swish16

What goes here?
That's alright was my first time playing any kind of major asa tournament.. my team decided to tell me right before we were taking the field that I had to go to the other fields sign in and get my bats tested... condo how'd you like that strike zone the ump was giving when we played you guys? I was the pitcher with the mask when you played boneyard and blew us out...