Starching an incrediball?

Grunt_ball

OK, just signed up here and I have a question. What's with starching an incrediball and how do you do it? If the ball gets wet, will it become really slick? I just learned about incrediball last year and played on a friends team. He's deployed to Afghanistan this year and I'm putting together my own team. I just bought a couple dozen of the balls and I remember people talking about starching them but I never knew how they did it. It's a VERY lax league as there's no umps(the teams provide the umps) and the hitting team provides their own balls. It's a know and acceptable practice to starch the balls and I didn't meet a team last year that didn't so please spare the ethics and morals comments about cheating.

Last edited:

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
but seriously, i never heard of that. i only used incrediball a couple times when we had some indoor practice.

Grunt_ball

I don't know why they don't just play softball, they still play outside. But the Cajuns around here love this stuff. A log of them are drunk by the 4 game and several play barefoot. Most of the women play in socks so the dirt don't burn their feet and there's a lot of cut-off jeans. *

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
What bat would you recommend for the incrediball? I have a $3-400 budget. I'm a base hitter but can drop big bombs when needed.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
thats what im talkin bout lubers. or put that **** in some amber and let it fossilize for a few millennia.

goro25

Sin Vergüenza
It's pretty straight forward. Just get a large mixing bowl or a bucket. You can get the starch from a teacher supply store. Dump the starch in the bucket, drop in the balls (just a few at a time), make sure they are completely submerged, and let them sit in there for about ten minutes. Let them dry overnight and they should be ready the next day.

slink35

Addicted to Softballfans
I have heard of starching a sock but an incrediball is a new one. Don't let your mom catch you.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
OK, just signed up here and I have a question. What's with starching an incrediball and how do you do it? If the ball gets wet, will it become really slick? I just learned about incrediball last year and played on a friends team. He's deployed to Afghanistan this year and I'm putting together my own team. I just bought a couple dozen of the balls and I remember people talking about starching them but I never knew how they did it. It's a VERY lax league as there's no umps(the teams provide the umps) and the hitting team provides their own balls. It's a know and acceptable practice to starch the balls and I didn't meet a team last year that didn't so please spare the ethics and morals comments about cheating.

You ****ing nicom****ing poop!