Your first at-bat of your career?

IcedT51

Part Time Player
Tell me, how did your first at-bat in your softball career go? Mine was probably the first one I've made in any sport in 5 years...In around August of '12 in my first at bat, I foolishly went up to the plate with an aluminum Easton bat from the 80s probably that was 35oz...I didn't strike out but I grounded out to short.... That was before I learned what I know now about picking out bats, playing ball in general, etc. So, how did you do in your first at bat and what age did you start playing?

Wheels33

Coach
Mine was over 2 years ago. Friend invited me to join team. I went up to the plate in baseball stance. First pitch swung 2 sec before the ball crosses the plate. Then I hit a left foul grounder. Then I swing and miss again awfully. I was still standing there like an idiot thinking I only have 2 strikes. Until ump tells me I'm out. Walked away embarrassingly confused.

Took me a year to be a good consistent hitter with a little power. My speed and defense was only thing that kept me on the team.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I know it wasn't a HR and I didn't K. Other than that, i got nothing.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
I know it wasn't a HR and I didn't K. Other than that, i got nothing.

Same here. I was 19 playing on a coed bar team. I thought softball was for losers who couldn't hack it in baseball, and it turns out I was right.

Furious

The Original
1997 Grounded to 3rd, beat the throw. I remember because I figured this is how I'm gonna get all my hits, lol.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Homerun, I used to remember it as majestic. It was 89, I think. Drove by the spot earlier this summer. Grass is overgrown, but the fences are still there. They look like they're 200'. :eek:

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Tell me, how did your first at-bat in your softball career go? Mine was probably the first one I've made in any sport in 5 years...In around August of '12 in my first at bat, I foolishly went up to the plate with an aluminum Easton bat from the 80s probably that was 35oz...I didn't strike out but I grounded out to short.... That was before I learned what I know now about picking out bats, playing ball in general, etc. So, how did you do in your first at bat and what age did you start playing?

Since my first AB was from the 80's...don't remember.
Sounds like you used an Easton SX1

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I can't remember last Saturday night, let alone 1987. In all likelihood, I waited for a pitch that bounced before the plate and then hit it off the bounce. Was in 2nd grade.

Bemidji21

Starting Player
Happened this last Fall - finally had a chance to get on a team. When up to the box trying way to hard to impress and just hit a easy flyball out. That took the nerves right out after that.

PHXCobra

Addicted to Softballfans
1st time playing slow pitch in high school no idea. Probably a hit but honestly couldn't tell you.

1st ab since I started playing about 5 years ago was a flyout to right center using a Orange Connexxion that I slipped getting out of the batters box due to basketball shoes and soft dirt. Memorable to say the least.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
It was 3 1/2 years ago but I only remember the game and the tournament. We were home team, leading by 3, going into the bottom of the 5th with only a few minutes left on the clock. A couple of hits and a couple of outs, and we just had to burn (no exaggeration) less than 30 seconds. We told the batter to take his time getting into the box, take a strike, step out, and take his time. He popped the first pitch he saw (a ball) up to the third baseman, they put up 25 runs on something like 15 errors in the next inning, and we lost.

But I don't remember my first at bat, or any other at bat in that game or that tournament.

Josh C Smith

Starting Player
First at bat was 7 years ago in church league I hit a hard ground ball inbetween 2nd and SS for a base hit. I remember I was 4-4 that game. I think there is a lot of beginner's luck in softball sometimes. Like my brother was 13 years old and never played before and we were short handed in this one league so he was able to play (he was too young but looked 15 ish) any how he went 6-7 in a double header and had some nice hits. He played 2nd and RF and got tore up but that's another story lol.

cyoung187

Coach
Pinch hit coed walk-off. Went about 380 feet. I ran the bases fist pumping like Joe Carter. Then got called out for touching home plate, so I cursed the umpire, called hit a no talent *****, and the game ended in a tie. Then I banged the chick playing RF in the bathroom. She had a ugly face but you could tell she worked out all the time, or did a lot of yoga. Took awhile for the **** she gave me to clear up, my junk itched so bad I made some nasty scars. Each one of those scars just reminds me of launching that ball into the trees for my first AB ever and what a great day it was.

JK who the hell remembers their first slowpitch AB?

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
Hit a ball of the top of the fence at Twin Creeks. Ball bounced back in play. Was told immediately after that HRs were outs and not to do that again.