Z3k is junk!!!!

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
You have a balanced. I believe the EL's are the issue. Either way, swing the Blackout you have. It's better....

Yeah the blackout has good exit speed amd i like the fact that the harder i swing with it i feel it. Not to the point where it hurts the hands or anything but i know without seeing the ball that i hit it hard. However it still needs some breaking in which im working on.

dubby_10

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 27 balanced z3 usssa with about 50 swings on it. 50-60 degree mixed balls. No sound change and not the first stress mark. I'm also the same guy that bought 3 different ri z2's and bust in 10 swings between the 3. lol

I think its just the luck of the bat. Some suck and some are tanks.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
My experience with previous years Zs is that if it's a vertical crack then it's gtg. I had an og that got a vertical one in 50 swings then proceeded to spit fire for another 600

So if you have real umps, the bat's good for 50 swings. If not, it's good for 650 swings. And that's GTG?

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
I have both the EL and Balanced Z3K. I've got 530 swings on the balanced and 320 on the EL. So far they are holding up.
I've hit classics , 650's, and ASA balls.
First off the weather here has sucked and it's been too cold to hit Z's. A lot of people are hitting them in cold weather. If it's not warmer than 65 I wouldn't swing it. If you want a tank then get a blackout.
Doesn't matter if you hit them indoors , when you store the bat and cold balls in your car.
I kept up with my swings because I heard a lot about the durability.
I also rotated my bat every time I swung it.
I agree these bats are not as hot as the OG but they are still pretty hot to me.

Smartin89

Starting Player
Yea drew it was your pitching that snapped this piece of ****,we're about to go hit and this things will be in a few pieces when I get home,I've never had a bat that didn't last more then 75 swings,but ls expects ppl to pay top dollar for ****ty quality,I call bs

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
7da.gif

Jburns

The Veteran
I have around 150 cuts on my z3000 el and its already starting to web pretty. Its straight fire just hope it holds up. I like the feel of it better then my og and ri z2000

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
So I should just keep my og z2ks then.
I have a good QC balanced 26 and a bad QC 26 el.
The balanced is hot while the el isn't as much. Maybe the el will last longer being its stiffer and hasn't opened up yet.

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
These bats are made to hit the 40/325 Classic M. Not 44/375, 44/400, 44/575. They are to be used in games directly out of the wrapper. Just like the ASA is to be used with 52/300 balls. What balls were you hitting in bp?

I had one with 50-75 swings on it.i traded it, not because I didn't like it but because I wanted another L2 and needed some $$$.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
I am much less surprised by the bat broken in 70 swings, I'm more and more surprised that people act surprised. These bats have a design or manufacturing issue and it seems to be most prevalent with the USSSA EL bats. People get all pissed off yet people keep buying these things, if you are gonna get pissy about a bat breaking quickly why are you still buying a LS with all the issues they have had in the last 3 years. This is a much a failure by buyers to know what they are getting as it is LS making a low quality product. Double fail

LetsgetCrazy

Smack Talkin' Pitcher
What I've learned, don't swing them when it's under 70° & I keep my BP balls indoors too. Also, use wood or metal for BP, why destroy composite bats? These are hot out of the wrapper and they impressed me last fall, when we got a few to swing.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Classic Ms in anything under 70 degrees are among the hardest balls you can hit. They'll destroy a bat like that in no time. I'd say the only way to get any longevity out of those things is to use them only on C+ balls or use them only in temps of 75 or above. That said, I wouldn't swing a Z if you gave it to me. LS makes total garbage now.

Pretty much nailed it here. I wouldnt swings Z's if they were free.

mdsmoke

Coach
my balanced z3k is hitting nothing but missiles. 300 hits indoors...but was hitting rocks. overwhelming majority of broken z3k's have been the el's...may be something to it...

DW4LyF

Extra Hitter
Wow, I have a Z1K and was considering selling it to get the Z3K but reading these comments makes me want to keep my Z1K!

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
Classic Ms in anything under 70 degrees are among the hardest balls you can hit. They'll destroy a bat like that in no time. I'd say the only way to get any longevity out of those things is to use them only on C+ balls or use them only in temps of 75 or above. That said, I wouldn't swing a Z if you gave it to me. LS makes total garbage now.

I'm sorry but I disagree. We keep our bucket of bp balls indoors and they are a mix of a Classic M, 44/375, 44/575, 44/400 and 44/525. When I bp'd my z3000 I asked for all Classic M's to be pitched while I was bping. The ones we had were Dudley ZN and Tattoos. After putting 50-75 hits on the bat, I brought it home, cleaned it up and there wasn't a sign of any wear on the bat.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i put about 200 cuts on a z2k ri el with classic m's in about 50 degree cage temps. its not a z3k but supposedly made out of the same pure 360 composite. bat still looks almost new.

there is no doubt that there are some duds out there tho. more than normal it seems.