How do the pros do it?

NoNameJames

Star Player
Ok so I know that they are pro's etc etc but how do guys like Crine, Izzy, Helmer consistantly crush the ball? It is technique? The fact that they are huge? Or all of it combined?

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
How does Mike Trout or Yasiel Puig do it? Translate it to softball.

And you are only allowed 2 threads an hour.

015reddog

Certified Slacker
Number of swings alone isn't going to help anyone if they are practicing bad habits. Some of it may be natural ability, but most of it is proper technique and timing. I have neither. :p

snikdaluap

Addicted to Softballfans
In league, I play against a guy that plays on Resmondo and he effortlessly drops bombs. Practice, practice, practice is key

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Technique. Little guys can hit them with good technique, it's just amplified when you're a big, strong guy.

Rdd/Easton 10

The Veteran
Ask Brian wegman...not this wknd but last wknd he went 41-46 at the plate in the double tournament which laser vision won both. That is just fn insane!

Hammer_62

Addicted to Softballfans
Player model bats help ;)

This is a myth... I hit with multiple members of the Canadian border battle team, all of which are sponsored and can hit what they like.

They get sent the same bats you and I can buy off the shelf.

Some are marked not returnable as they don't want guys selling them for profit.

zuke 37

Star Player
this is only my suspission but let's say they don't use 40/375's and are not restricted to the bats you have to use.

being 275 lbs and 6 foot 7 doesn't hurt

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
Technique. Little guys can hit them with good technique, it's just amplified when you're a big, strong guy.

Amen and lot's of practice....I heard some figure like hitting 150-200 balls a week at a minimum