7 games til retirement bucket list

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
I know I got 7 games left and it's all over. Going to take time to get my knees fixed and think about 30 years from now. Use my summers to do the things I never had time for with ball. May make another run at it if/when I have kids that get interested in playing just for that father/son experience. Only regret is not having a ring. Was with a couple teams when I was younger who made a run, but i was young and stupid and didn't care about 5 team tournaments so didn't go. Now I realize how hard it is to win one.

What things are on the checklist to try to get done in these last 7?

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
Rotate every inning and play every position.

Play one game on mushrooms (You might want to play catcher)

Bring a stripper or hooker to a game and have her hang out in the dugout.

Do something, anything with firecrackers/fireworks.

Show up in dress pants, white shirt and a tie, then bib overalls.

Last at bat....400' bomb followed by a bat flip over the backstop. Then rip off your tear away basketball pants and run the bases.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans

Have done this. Strangely not one ball hit to me. May have been strategic to keep moving me so they couldn't find me to pick on me

Never tried them. Have played pretty hammered

Don't see reasoning. Would rather spend my money where they work instead of family environment like where I play hobby softball

YES

Overalls w/ no undershirt next week. May be 40 degrees in Michigan by then

Last at bat....400' bomb followed by a bat flip over the backstop. Then rip off your tear away basketball pants and run the bases.

I can only hope. I want one more no doubter

Bold in quote

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^ I love all of these ideas and when I retire, which may be very soon, I think I'll give them all a shot :biggthumpup:

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
If you get the no doubter, just leave your cleats on the plate and walk away because it will suck if your last AB is a double play.

#7, Hit into a triple play :)

#8. On a single, just keep running. Make a wide ass turn deep into RF and get them to chase your ass. You can create your own base path so, do it.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^ I love all of these ideas and when I retire, which may be very soon, I think I'll give them all a shot :biggthumpup:

If you get the no doubter, just leave your cleats on the plate and walk away because it will suck if your last AB is a double play.

#7, Hit into a triple play :)

#8. On a single, just keep running. Make a wide ass turn deep into RF and get them to chase your ass. You can create your own base path so, do it.

Hopefully team is ok with me following my own personal agenda these next couple weeks lol.

I need someone to serve one up like Denny McClain did to Mantle. If I get it I'm done because i'm very likely to swing out of my shoes and pop up to SS when my last AB comes

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I was on base pinch running and was due up next. The batter singled to right but, I just kept running. The other team was so shocked they never through to the base I was heading for. Very fun, would recommend this one. Also play every position during the game. Pitching sucks if you don't do it much but just st chuck it up a little inside and they will swing :)

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans

Guilty as charged... (Stripper) :)

Stretch19

Grow up
I know I got 7 games left and it's all over. Going to take time to get my knees fixed and think about 30 years from now. Use my summers to do the things I never had time for with ball. May make another run at it if/when I have kids that get interested in playing just for that father/son experience. Only regret is not having a ring. Was with a couple teams when I was younger who made a run, but i was young and stupid and didn't care about 5 team tournaments so didn't go. Now I realize how hard it is to win one.

What things are on the checklist to try to get done in these last 7?

you get rings for 5 team tourneys?

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
you get rings for 5 team tourneys?

It was C or D church worlds in Arkansas some years back. Didn't want to travel for that small a deal. My cousins went. Sorted out to be a round robin and best two records played for finals. They lost first game and went on 4 game run. They got rings. I stayed home because I thought it was a "waste of time tournament". Guess for my ego at that time I had to win a 70 team super worlds type tournament for it to count. Now that I'm about done and never managed to win one of those 7 team tournaments having a ring for a 5 team don't seem too bad

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Nobody is giving me the Jeter red carpet treatment and send away. I got 3,400 singles too dammit