STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

doublebagel

Manager
That was last year, Tip. They're playing with the big boys now in the Mighty D. :p

egUwx5Qh.jpg

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
The bat is pretty retarded hot. Everyone I've seen hit with one.. Bombs and lazers. Feels very balanced (As it should) and weights are pretty true to sticker.

I'm going to pick up a new stick to go along with my st100. Got it narrowed down to the connell legit 220 or the 4TF. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions. The 4TF is about $30 cheaper so maybe thats the better route. I dunno. I hear both are delicious.

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going to pick up a new stick to go along with my st100. Got it narrowed down to the connell legit 220 or the 4TF. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions. The 4TF is about $30 cheaper so maybe thats the better route. I dunno. I hear both are delicious.
Do you play in many tournaments that do bat testing for compression? If so, I'd avoid putting many swings on the Worth/Miken bats until you play in the tournament. I've tested some that fail in 100 swings, and that's just not worth it in my opinion. Too many people complained and were too lazy to take BP, now the manufacturers are pushing the limits and going away from durability. The more tournament directors that compression test, the less you'll see people swinging certain brands because they won't pass.

Just my .02, becasue every tournament I usually play in is tested. If you're spending money, I'd still go the Easton route because of their proven durability and performance. I test and work with the Worth/Miken/Rawlings guys all the time, and that's the same thing I've told them. This couldn't work out any better for them, people will break bats in under a year, get 1 return, and break that one before another few months are up.

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you play in many tournaments that do bat testing for compression? If so, I'd avoid putting many swings on the Worth/Miken bats until you play in the tournament. I've tested some that fail in 100 swings, and that's just not worth it in my opinion. Too many people complained and were too lazy to take BP, now the manufacturers are pushing the limits and going away from durability. The more tournament directors that compression test, the less you'll see people swinging certain brands because they won't pass.

Just my .02, becasue every tournament I usually play in is tested. If you're spending money, I'd still go the Easton route because of their proven durability and performance. I test and work with the Worth/Miken/Rawlings guys all the time, and that's the same thing I've told them. This couldn't work out any better for them, people will break bats in under a year, get 1 return, and break that one before another few months are up.

Thanks for the advice. I am not a masher by any means so I don't break many bats. I think out of the 17 tournaments we played last year, I think one of them actually tested bats. I dont think they even tested them at silver world series. With my elbow being screwed up and not being able to take bp that much, it's nice for me to be able to buy a new bat that is already ready to go and I don't have to worry about it being altered. I have my st100 that needs some serious bp. Hoping my teammates can help out with that

My guess is the Miken would be the more durable bat out of the two, due to their past reputation

Thanks for the advice. I am not a masher by any means so I don't break many bats. I think out of the 17 tournaments we played last year, I think one of them actually tested bats. I dont think they even tested them at silver world series

They didn't do any testing at Silver World in 2013 either.

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
I keep missing the mileage to get my car serviced.......balls. 22,500 but at 22700... Oh well, synthetic oil is ok till 7500 miles. Also night service is nice, suntrup nissan (closes at 11pm) > bommarito mazda (closes at 6pm)
That fancy brand new garage and can't even change his own oil ??

Possibly. Hard to say when you have no idea what was done. :)
^^^^^^ Shady mechanic's dream here. How much to change the blinker fluid ?? :D

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I've only played in one tournament that had mandatory compression testing. It's sad how far the area is behind the times when it comes to softball. We're paying 600-900 bucks for league and nearly 300 for some tournaments. Buy a frickn tester. I know it's not perfect, but it's a start.

Tip8

Hits BOMBS in League
I've only played in one tournament that had mandatory compression testing. It's sad how far the area is behind the times when it comes to softball. We're paying 600-900 bucks for league and nearly 300 for some tournaments. Buy a frickn tester. I know it's not perfect, but it's a start.

Well places like fenton prob have no idea what a tester is....but no excuse for bmac and SV

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
I've only been to one tournament where the officials even looked at the bats, Nsa state 2013. Never had any actually tested, not even at World where you would think they would care more. But we had Gio playing with us so he called out all the illegal bats when he heard them.:D

doublebagel

Manager
That fancy brand new garage and can't even change his own oil ??

Lol I can change it myself if I wanted to, I know plenty about cars but I prefer to have the dealer keep the doing maintenance since it's pretty much still new.

22,743 miles now since Nov 2013 lol

My fancy garage is for building ish and storing my ride while I work inside ;)

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Well places like fenton prob have no idea what a tester is....but no excuse for bmac and SV

Adam at Fenton has no idea what he's doing. He was still allowing 44/400s after they went to USSSA and still allowing old stamp bats last year. His determining factor for going with 40/325s instead of 52/275s was him showing up while some random league team was taking BP and asking for their opinions on the balls. Guy is on top of it.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I've only been to one tournament where the officials even looked at the bats, Nsa state 2013. Never had any actually tested, not even at World where you would think they would care more. But we had Gio playing with us so he called out all the illegal bats when he heard them.:D

Mark should just pay Gio. He can strike the barrel with a ball mallet and determine based on the sound. :D

doublebagel

Manager
Adam at Fenton has no idea what he's doing. He was still allowing 44/400s after they went to USSSA and still allowing old stamp bats last year. His determining factor for going with 40/325s instead of 52/275s was him showing up while some random league team was taking BP and asking for their opinions on the balls. Guy is on top of it.

Bmac used to have 44/400's and now use the utrip SY's but so long as the ball has the bmac stamp on it they'll allow it. There are some 44/400's floating around still.