SBFNJ Chapter 24

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
Frosty Balls versus first ASA... will

A) Both events go on as the weather will break and the fields will be playable?
B) Neither events will go on
C) USSSA will win the first battle and play, showing its superiority?
D) ASA will win the first battle and play showing that there is a new sheriff in town

FattyMcBoomstix

Addicted to Softballfans

D) ASA will win the first battle and play showing that there is a new sheriff in town

B. I heard magicman has been shoveling snow for weeks trying to clear the local fields up north, trying to confirm for April but can't get a call back :D

If anyone wants to play this weekend come to Chicago :rolleyes:
http://usssa.com/slowpitch/Bracket/#/?TournamentID=1183344&gdSport=11

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
Rolo is back on the forums? haven't seen you in forever buddy. hope the trip down south was good.

and that's bull**** about the Aftermath. sounds like that league is as bad as Hackettstown!

debbie downer is not appreciated any day of the week.

Yeah man I have some time finally so I can get back on here. Things are great I have about 4 weeks left of Physical Therapy. I took some swings on Monday and felt great was a little sore on Tuesday but not too bad at all. I won't be able to throw much this year so I will be stuck just being a DH maybe play a little 1B which is just fine for me lets me stay somewhat healthy for the year. I heard the aftermath is not gonna be banned in Secaucus and with them using the 52/300 is awesome that league is pretty good one of the best weeknight leagues around for the most part. Why guys would even shave that aftermath is just stupid that bat has plenty of pop the way that it is. A guy on Monday had a shaved Easton Extended and my Aftermath out hit that bat by a lot. I guess its the technician swinging the bat as well? ;)

Best of luck to all of you playing this weekend hopefully the weather holds up.

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
Anyone have feedback on the new USSSA Aftermath? I have seen a few you tube videos on it and I love the ASA Aftermath so thinking about getting the USSSA.

cotis

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have feedback on the new USSSA Aftermath? I have seen a few you tube videos on it and I love the ASA Aftermath so thinking about getting the USSSA.

I swung Ninja Man's with some stupid knob **** on the end and liked it. picked one up a week ago on the real cheap.

chrismo4136

Addicted to Softballfans

I swung Ninja Man's with some stupid knob **** on the end and liked it. picked one up a week ago on the real cheap.

I've seen a lot for sale in different groups on Facebook. I think there is something going on with them and USSSA testing. Something about UTRIP not having a threshold set for non-linear bats. Not sure on specifics, but might want to look into it before picking one up.

texasAZ

Addicted to Softballfans

Not a battle on our end. Simply looking to make up last week's rain-out. I did not advertise Frosty as we only have two fields in Brick and we only took teams entered on the 14th that were not ASA-committed already.

We would like to get out there and play, but in speaking to Brick today, I don't think anyone is going to be playing if snow comes in Friday night. I'm sure Rob will put on some great events this year and we hope to do the same.

I was in the Lakewood area last weekend and swung past the park. It did not look good.

texasAZ

Addicted to Softballfans
I've seen a lot for sale in different groups on Facebook. I think there is something going on with them and USSSA testing. Something about UTRIP not having a threshold set for non-linear bats. Not sure on specifics, but might want to look into it before picking one up.

Correct, I am not sure how we are handling the Aftermath bat. I will find out. :thumb:

texasAZ

Addicted to Softballfans
Information about the AM 1.20 and USSSA

Wilson/DeMarini has introduced the Flipper model softball bat for 2015 with the USSSA mark on its taper. Wilson has guaranteed USSSA that the bat cannot exceed the 1.20 BPF standard even if overused or altered and USSSA has agreed to exempt the bat from on field compression testing as it does for single or even double wall aluminum softball bats. This exemption remains conditional upon Flipper model bats never exceeding the 1.20 BPF standard. USSSA retains in its absolute discretion the right to suspend the model from USSSA play or to required a compression test if it finds a Flipper model bat that exceeds the 1 20BPF standard.

Any director that has concern from performance in the field that a Flipper bat with the USSSA mark exceeds the 1.20 BPF stand, should ask the owner of the bat if he can have it tested. If the owner allows the testing, the bat should be sent to USSSA National office for examination. If testing is not allowed by the owner, the owner will be suspended for two years under current USSSA rules. If testing is allowed and the Flipper bat is found to be altered (an altered bat may not even exceed the 1.20 BPF standard, but if it is altered it will still be an illegal bat which can result in a suspension), the suspension imposed on the owner will be for no more than two years unless otherwise announced in advance by USSSA. If testing is allowed and the Flipper bat is found to exceed the 1.20 BPF standard, the model will not be allowed in USSSA play. If testing is allowed and the Flipper bat is not altered and does not exceed the 1.20 BPF standard, the bat will be returned to the owner
and there will be no suspension and the Flipper will continue to be an approved model.

Thank you,

Kevin Naegele
USSSA Executive VP
Slow Pitch Operations

cotis

Addicted to Softballfans

thanks for your wonderful insight!!!!!!!!!!