.52 balls- Have they made you a better hitter?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ysadN0lmOI[/ame]

"The old bats just don't hit 52/300's as well as the new ones" :rolleyes:

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter
When I started developing this ball back in 2005 it wasn't about the cheating. I was working on a ball that was safer when impacting a hard structure like bone, and still making a ball that would not make 300 ft fences obsolete.

The more I tested the ball both in labs and on the field I found out that it was less temperature resistant to heat and also did not come off shaved bats as fast as others in comparison. Just bonuses of the development. Now they will fly farther off shaved bats but only 1.7 mph faster than stock bats at max. Compared to 13+ mph with .44 balls and shaved bats.

The first tourney these were used was the Fireman's MD tourney in Maryland, we had representatives from ASA including the president there watching the games. Game scores were in the mid teens on average, homerun hitters still hit them. Infielders were covered in dirt from diving and making plays, and some guys were really humbled. After the first day of play we met in the hotel for a discussion. By the end of the weekend they were approved for play on a test level. 2009 ASA and USSSA approved them for play after all their testing was complete. 11/24/10 the new ASA stamp was issued for all manufactures.

June 2015 a new design of this ball will be released that will change all opinions of this ball. Stayed tuned.

You designed the 52 and asa adopted it? I never have seen your ball in my asa leagues. No exclusivity? Is that why you are making a new ball?

You should make a softer ball that flies like the old ones from 3 plus years ago.

jeremy79

the best bats to hit the 52 core 275/300 compression .any advice would be appreciated ..not just good bats but what is the best bat out there for these balls i play in ontario so i dont know what that is for usssa or asa or whatever ...

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
the best bats to hit the 52 core 275/300 compression .any advice would be appreciated ..not just good bats but what is the best bat out there for these balls i play in ontario so i dont know what that is for usssa or asa or whatever ...

I'm in Ancaster, if you're near drop me a line and we can hit, you can try all the new Easton bats out.

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
Poofs be jelly they can't hit 52's...

It's a pretty swing no doubt, but as a health professional I'm concerned about the weight he's carrying around his midsection specifically. He looks young (I'm guessing 24-28) so he has time to address the issue before it becomes critical.

Gotta think long-term here...cultivating an awesome bat swing is great, but being around to teach it to your grandkids is even better.

Ballisttic

Star Player
It's a pretty swing no doubt, but as a health professional I'm concerned about the weight he's carrying around his midsection specifically. He looks young (I'm guessing 24-28) so he has time to address the issue before it becomes critical.

Gotta think long-term here...cultivating an awesome bat swing is great, but being around to teach it to your grandkids is even better.

Hey thanks for caring we need more people like you on sbf

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I know I look to be in terrible physical shape. I'm not denying your claim here. What does my physical condition have to with the topic of this thread?

jeremy79

I'm in Ancaster, if you're near drop me a line and we can hit, you can try all the new Easton bats out.

Thanks for the offer .Iam in owensound/collingwood area about 3 to 4 hours away but if iam every your way i will get in touch with you for sure..

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

Wow bro...this is a softball forum Dr. OZ...

tattooball

You designed the 52 and asa adopted it? I never have seen your ball in my asa leagues. No exclusivity? Is that why you are making a new ball?

You should make a softer ball that flies like the old ones from 3 plus years ago.

ASA,UTRIP and NSA have all adopted them. As far as exclusivity had I done that no association would have made the ball legal for play. That goes against restriction of trade laws.
The new design is patented and will different in many ways. The biggest difference is in the coming years they will be made here in the US. I will let others test and notice the difference in performance, all of the complaints on the current balls have been addressed.

SKEET SKEET

LazerSHOW
I soooo love it when a 44/375 gets thrown in by accident and the balls just rocket off:thumb:. That feeling is pretty sweet;)

Lol this happened fri night, my og aftermath sounded like it broke in half. I actually like the 52s better for my swing. 44s were line outs and warning track fly outs. Now I knuckle them over short and 3rd all day

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol this happened fri night, my og aftermath sounded like it broke in half. I actually like the 52s better for my swing. 44s were line outs and warning track fly outs. Now I knuckle them over short and 3rd all day

I will reluctantly admit I am getting more friendlier with the 52's however hitting the 44's is sweet music to my ears. That sound, feel and distance is so nice. BTW haters remind me again how many fatalities were there with the old balls again?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
They do in ASA. They hit the Conference ball in the Conference.

I think they've hit it in the Border Battle the last two or three years. Still saw plenty of bombs.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Im trying to figure out why some ASA balls are .52/300, and others are .44/375. Why isnt there a standard for all ASA balls/leagues/tournaments?

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
They do in ASA. They hit the Conference ball in the Conference.

I think they've hit it in the Border Battle the last two or three years. Still saw plenty of bombs.

52's were used at the Border Battle.

This year the BB is in Michigan in a hardball stadium and I've been told it will be 52's again. It will change the dynamic of the game for sure.

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter
ASA,UTRIP and NSA have all adopted them. As far as exclusivity had I done that no association would have made the ball legal for play. That goes against restriction of trade laws.
The new design is patented and will different in many ways. The biggest difference is in the coming years they will be made here in the US. I will let others test and notice the difference in performance, all of the complaints on the current balls have been addressed.

I meant no offense, just that I've seen some kind of Dudley? and AD Starr

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
That's the one I watched and wanted to know what they were hitting. Looked like balls were flying further than stadiums. I like 52:s and they can be hit very far but I was seriously doubting they were using 52's there.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
The dude that pitched for sonny's still swings a 13' B1...we hit 52's in league and he hit one about 385'-400'...

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
The dude that pitched for sonny's still swings a 13' B1...we hit 52's in league and he hit one about 385'-400'...

The 52's can be hit 400' with a tail wind, if we play on 300' parks and guys are still able to hit the ball 400' I don't see why people are so against the 52. It's safer and easier to throw. You'll get used to the bounces.

Like I said before, we are entering our 4th year with the hot dots. We get 7 home runs a game in our tournament play and we max out most games.