Trail Runners for Softball Review Thread

FAT JESUS

More than likely
I wanted to create a consolidated and comprehensive review thread for all of us, to help share info on consumer-brand trail running shoes as an alternative to turfs. As most or all of us know, native softball brand turfs suck donkey balls, why not use the high-end technologies of a Salomon, Adidas, Nike etc. to get the best combination of performance, weight, comfort and feel. Share your great deals, likes, dislikes, etc! Cut and paste the template below, and populate with your review info! Bros helping bros! Ill start it!

Shoe Brand:
Model:
Size:
Weight:
Location bought:
Price:
Pros:
Cons:
Picture:
(Link to google image URL the easiest. Google search shoe model, go to images, right click image, copy image URL, paste into SBF Insert Image box)

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Shoe Brand: Adidas
Model: Kanadia TR7
Size: 10
Weight: 290G
Location bought: Adidas Outlet (Can be found online as well)
Price:Avg $38 over three pairs
Pros: Very Light, many color ways, super supportive sole, zero issues with foot soreness. Wore them for entire tourneys playing 6 or more games, zero issues. They disappear on foot. Clean easily, and can be worn off field, great for winter weather traction off-field as well.
Cons: None so far.
Picture:

89009.jpg

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
softball branded turfs are more affordable than most "high end technology" shoes. basically, you get what you pay for. EAD

rat bastard

Shoe Brand: Adidas
Model: Kanadia TR7
Size: 10
Weight: 290G
Location bought: Adidas Outlet (Can be found online as well)
Price:Avg $38 over three pairs
Pros: Very Light, many color ways, super supportive sole, zero issues with foot soreness. Wore them for entire tourneys playing 6 or more games, zero issues. They disappear on foot. Clean easily, and can be worn off field, great for winter weather traction off-field as well.
Cons: None so far.
Picture:

89009.jpg

Costco has these in the city Phat Hey-zus, just under $40, got a couple of the older pairs, no issues with them

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Shoe Brand: Salomon
Model:Fellraiser
Size: 12.5
Weight:11oz
Location bought:Salomon website
Price:79 bux
Pros:Lil wider than the speedcross, X-C-Lint grip that is durable
Cons: limited colors, no mid heighth to protect the kankles
Picture

Last edited by a moderator:

zuke 37

Star Player
You need spikes to hit, you need the leverage in the box, it's not only running.

Play softball in softball spikes.

put your trail shoes and go take a walk in the woods. Watch out for the lyme tics and poisionus snakes and spiders.

You take hours of BP then get in the box and have your feet pivot in the dirt and loose all of your mojo.

You got padiotry & orthopedic exports designing shoes and you pick them by color. I'd love to make a living playing against you.

If you want color get a tatoo.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
You need spikes to hit, you need the leverage in the box, it's not only running.

put your trail shoes and go take a walk in the woods. Watch out for the lyme tics and poisionus snakes and spiders.

You take hours of BP then get in the box and have your feet pivot in the dirt and loose all of your mojo.

You got padiotry & orthopedic exports designing shoes and you pick them by color. I'd love to make a living playing against you.

Strange, most of the conference and Major players I saw at the Windy City Major were wearing Trails, none were in spikes. Do you make a living playing against them?

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Lulz. I have a hard time believing you could have written anything more ignorant than what you did. Well done.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Don't forget the orthopedic exports we're sending to Argentina. They know their stuff as well.

zuke 37

Star Player
I'm sorry if I insulted any of my softball brothers, that wasn't my intention. I only wanted to point out that you need to grip the ground
to increase your leverage when you bat.

I've played many games and never noticed guys with trail shoes in place of spikes.

No insult intended: When I heard the games were in Chicago I imagined the games on asphalt. But I could be wrong, if I am, excuse me.

TRaj2327

Strange, most of the conference and Major players I saw at the Windy City Major were wearing Trails, none were in spikes. Do you make a living playing against them?

This.

I'm sorry if I insulted any of my softball brothers, that wasn't my intention. I only wanted to point out that you need to grip the ground
to increase your leverage when you bat.

I've played many games and never noticed guys with trail shoes in place of spikes.

Where do you play? 1997? Nobody here uses spikes in any of the even remotely competitive leagues. They're trail shoes, not Sperry topsiders. They're designed for dirt surfaces....you know, like what you would find on a trail.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Shoe Brand: Reebok
Model: ZigTech Shark Pursuit360
Size: 13
Weight: no clue
Location bought: Reebok Outlet
Price: 2 for $100
Pros:
-Great traction.
-Very comfy.
-Breathed very well.
-Durable. Bought them because they were cheap and 1 pair lasted me a whole season. 100+ games, BP twice a week at a minimum, and went through all kinds hell. I usually hover between 280-300 lbs and these never broke down on me. I only replaced them because the tread on the bottom was finally starting to wear slick. Probably would have lasted longer had I not worn them all day. I'd put them on in the mornings and not take them off until we were done playing. Wore each pair for a season and had the same results out of both. Couldn't have been happier.

Cons:
-They breathe well, but if the grass is wet or if you step in any water your feet get soaked.
-Would often wind up full of fine dirt if you played on dusty fields. Just take em off and dump em out once maybe twice a tournament and they were fine.
-I pitch quite a bit, and took a ball off the toe and it offered no protection. Might as well have taken a direct hit bare footed
Picture:

Reebok-Zigtech-Shark-Pursuit360-Red-Running-Shoes-7449-118032-1-product.jpg

1-Reebok-ZIGTECH-SHARK-3.0-MEN-RUNNING-SHOE.jpg

LSX Freak, I have the Reebok Trail Wilds and very similar story to yours. Excellent traction, seem lightweight but durable, and fit my narrow feet really well. The one con was playing in the rain: traction was fine but water gets in them fairly easily. They also don't smell very pleasant at all while drying them.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
LSX Freak, I have the Reebok Trail Wilds and very similar story to yours. Excellent traction, seem lightweight but durable, and fit my narrow feet really well. The one con was playing in the rain: traction was fine but water gets in them fairly easily. They also don't smell very pleasant at all while drying them.

Mine smelled like death lol. I would put dryer sheets in them to knock down the funk.

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
I'm sorry if I insulted any of my softball brothers, that wasn't my intention. I only wanted to point out that you need to grip the ground to increase your leverage when you bat.

9 spikes or 30 stubs. The grip isn't all that different. Depending on the surface, trails can be stickier. Not every box is the same, either, and as hard as ours are, turfs or cleats act the same.

Oh, and fourths or fifths or whatever on the Kanadias. Usually buy on clearance @ $40, and I think my current version is the TR5s.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
This.

Where do you play? 1997? Nobody here uses spikes in any of the even remotely competitive leagues. They're trail shoes, not Sperry topsiders. They're designed for dirt surfaces....you know, like what you would find on a trail.

Dont pick on old guys,I see more hard soled cleats at senior ball than anywhere. Old guys rule and yous a fool, LOLz

zuke 37

Star Player
I think the guys here are misinterprating trail shoes and rubber and metal bottom shoes.

In 1997 I already had 38 seasons in. I've seen a lot of gadgets come and go.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the guys here are misinterprating trail shoes and rubber and metal bottom shoes.

In 1997 I already had 38 seasons in. I've seen a lot of gadgets come and go.

This is true. Most of these guys misinterpret those words and buy birkenstocks to play in.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
I wear Salomon Fellraisers...best shoes out there for softball... great grip, incredibly comfy...and very light weight

carrion

<font color="#778899">Starting Player</font>
Played my first game in the Adidas Kanadia last night... loved them. Even in the infield dirt they grip fantastically. I'm sure I'll go buy another pair for backups. Yea I got them at costco for $39. Definitely worth it.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Shoe Brand: Reebok
Model: ZigTech Shark Pursuit360
Size: 13
Weight: no clue
Location bought: Reebok Outlet
Price: 2 for $100
Pros:
-Great traction.
-Very comfy.
-Breathed very well.
-Durable. Bought them because they were cheap and 1 pair lasted me a whole season. 100+ games, BP twice a week at a minimum, and went through all kinds hell. I usually hover between 280-300 lbs and these never broke down on me. I only replaced them because the tread on the bottom was finally starting to wear slick. Probably would have lasted longer had I not worn them all day. I'd put them on in the mornings and not take them off until we were done playing. Wore each pair for a season and had the same results out of both. Couldn't have been happier.

Cons:
-They breathe well, but if the grass is wet or if you step in any water your feet get soaked.
-Would often wind up full of fine dirt if you played on dusty fields. Just take em off and dump em out once maybe twice a tournament and they were fine.
-I pitch quite a bit, and took a ball off the toe and it offered no protection. Might as well have taken a direct hit bare footed
Picture:

Reebok-Zigtech-Shark-Pursuit360-Red-Running-Shoes-7449-118032-1-product.jpg

1-Reebok-ZIGTECH-SHARK-3.0-MEN-RUNNING-SHOE.jpg

Well done sir, great info.