Member/Players average age.

majicmike

Starting Player
Just wondering what the average age of the players on the site is. Im 49 but play like Im 94. I can find a option to add a poll.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
46 and have a 9p game tonight. Play about 60-70 games this season which is a dwindling number. Hope to only play about 40 next year or less.

Laoch

Bearded. Drunk. Dominant.
39, 3 league seasons, 10 games each. Don't plan on stopping until I can't go anymore.

wcoastsoftball

40 years old, playing more this year than ever. 3 commercial games/wk and 1-3 church league/wk depending on schedule... plus 1 tourney every two months right now (40 and over tourney team)

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
I'm 40 right now I'm playing 2 nights a week and an occasional tournament. We play tournaments all year around in Okinawa.

TRaj2327

30, and playing 3 tourneys a month on average between April and September. Played 1 league night over the summer and subbed a couple times. I'll probably sub a couple nights for fall balls also.

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans

36 and the wife wants me to give it up. Great game and I love playing, although, I must say, I'm only down to one and the occasional sub in to make it two nights a week. It's sad, I used to play 3 to 4 nights a week. The boy plays on a comp team now and I coach. I just got asked to play a tourney this weekend about 3 hours away if that counts for anything. lol Of course, I didn't ask the boss.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
37, drink socially, I'm a Taurus, enjoy long walks on the beach, and I still have a full head of hair. PM me

Last edited:

ptplayer75

Starting Player
40 yrs old. A couple of nights a week and occasionally a tourney. Retired for 13 yrs because of work. Plan on playing until I either can't, or no one asks me to.

dubblrest1985

Starting Player
30. Been playing for 4 or 5 years. Might have 150 games under my belt. I only play in one summer league and maybe a tournament per year.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
34. Play twice a week plus sub when asked, so maybe 50 games a year. Sounds like a lot less than it feels like, time-wise.

I know a lot of young guys that play but you're not going to see as many on this forum. Even on other (non-softball) forums there's not as many of the social media generation that use forums like they did 10 years ago.

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
35, been playing almost 20 years. prolly time to give it up since the kids are getting old enough to start have weeknight activities.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
49 here and play two nights a week in the summer and one night a week in the fall. My body tells me to hang it up, but I rarely listen to good advice from others so why would I listen to my own dumb ass?

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Play 4 nights of league..going down to 2 next year.
About 12 senior tourneys a year.

And...still swinging the 30'ozers:biggthumpup:

TRaj2327

I had way underestimated the average age of this board. Thanks for making me feel like a youngster again. :biggthumpup:

I say, never give up until you just can't do it anymore. At least one night a week to get out with the guys and have some fun.