Rawlings Glove Builder update this summer

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Some of you may saw, but yesterday on @rawlingssg on instagram; declared they were adding horween and mesh options to the glove builder this summer. To quote "Stay tuned for more great additions to the glove builder this summer... including Horween leather and mesh options!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCghIxOoWU-/?taken-by=rawlingssg

This is great news! And while its just one bit on a social media account I really hope it happens and will be ordering one day 1 if it does.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't forget, the "soft dual-core" leather is Horween leather. If they are getting Horween glove leather, then I assume they would have told Chad it was an option for the SBF glove.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
bydhzbqgn5p11s3x0sqh.gif

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Don't forget, the "soft dual-core" leather is Horween leather. If they are getting Horween glove leather, then I assume they would have told Chad it was an option for the SBF glove.

Its just one blurb on social media, but it was a clear response because in the picture they have tan, black oiled and black soft as options along with a plethora of mesh colors.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
They won't use dry horween.. It'll be that oil infused super soft bullcrap

BaseballFan2010

Addicted to Softballfans
I recently noticed you can select the "fit"( pro or youth pro taper) on Rawlings Glove Builder. Thought that was kinda neat.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
They won't use dry horween.. It'll be that oil infused super soft bullcrap

Did you see the picture? They clearly have "Tan" in the lower left corner and the black next to it is oil tanned black, clearly dry horween is still an option for the pro player why wouldn't rawlings eventually see demand on social media and find a way to bring to the builder?

Over the past 4 months it seems Rawlings has really been trying to match or exceed in ways Wilson smartly capitalized on social media. We've seen the addition of the Gold Glove Club a direct response Wilson's GOTM with not one but two unique gloves each month. Most recently on instagram they have implemented Rawlings Fan Friday's a photo contest to mimic what Wilson has done with Wilson Wednesday, and now it seems they are listening to consumers and are adding options to the glove builder that they obviously get a lot of feedback about. I think we're seeing Rawlings doing what they can to get as much of the market share as they can. Is it a guarantee we'll get classic "glove leather" from the Horween tannery no, but it seems Rawlings is listening and offering a bit of hope.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I have not heard that the Horween glove leather is available to pro players. I thought they were getting either the tan JT leather or the rich tan.

But, I'll admit, that pic of the Traditional HOH Leather with the tan has made my hopeful.... but then why wasn't Chad made aware of this?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Now that I have thought about it, the JT tan is the better choice for the PRO1000-SBF gloves. The Horween would make for a heavy 13" glove and lots of guys would rather be able to break in the glove and use it before 2017.

Emperor

Star Player
I have not heard that the Horween glove leather is available to pro players. I thought they were getting either the tan JT leather or the rich tan.

But, I'll admit, that pic of the Traditional HOH Leather with the tan has made my hopeful.... but then why wasn't Chad made aware of this?

it could be they want to make a splash as a Rawlings Custom Build exclusive. If you're going to make it available to sites/stores ahead of time, how is it that big of a reveal? Probably the same reason DM got JT instead of Horween. It becomes a "bigger deal" if you can only get them through Rawlings.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe... hard for me to think that a couple hundred gloves would dilute demand THAT much, but then again, I don't have an MBA!

If this IS a response to Wilson, I wonder if we might see custom label colors as an option.

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
Maybe... hard for me to think that a couple hundred gloves would dilute demand THAT much, but then again, I don't have an MBA!

If this IS a response to Wilson, I wonder if we might see custom label colors as an option.

Custom label colors would be fantastic.

sportsgear9

Starting Player
Thank you bebblebooble for your exciting post! My friend allen told me to check out this post(thread) and im glad i did. I appreciate everyones opinion on this topic because I know its important to all of us and we are all hopeful rawlings comes through with real genuine horween leather.
Also a shoutout to emperor you make a very good point, rawlings would find a way to stop other companys producing horween for a year or two so they could unveil a horween custom builder option this summer. DM would produce it if they could...just up the prices if they had the chance.

We all have the right to be skeptical but there is no denying that post on instagram is real horween....if they decide to play us and produce a knock-off version that will be to their own demise.
They have upped their game recently like you said bebblebobble and there is no reason to short change us on leather they know we want and appreciate.

I hope that custom labels do release as well and rawlings can finally capitalize on the rights to the "gold glove company" by producing gold label options for all as well as the platinum option.

Keep on loving gloves boys and girls! hope to see more updates from you all and rawlings.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Horween Black Oiled
Horween Soft Dual Core

Options now on the Rawlings glove builder

Those options were there before, and were supplied from Horween previously. But its good to see it recognized as such.

In a screen shot I saw of someone testing the builder, Horween was part of the leather selector option along with Heart of the Hide and where Pro Preferred/GXE options are at on the retail builder. The Beta builder had price at $319 as well. But it was a beta version.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
Also I think the custom patches are a 100% guarantee..

Look at that PRO-LUCKY and the patch is green and orange. They say right on their site when you order it, you have to give it 6-8 weeks to be made through the "custom department."

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Dark Shadow...there are 2 options - Nubuck Dark Shadow and JT Dark Shadow...difference?

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
Metallic Gold offered for welting/binding...not sure if that's new or not but I don't recall seeing it prior to today. Custom labels please!

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Yes, Metallic Gold was not there last night. I believe this is what Rawlings used on the top of the line Gold Gloves for welting around the fingers. Looks great new, but does not hold up when gamed.