I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

MAB

The Rookie

Anyone want to bet that these dates stick? At least the preorder date has a chance.

His preorders start whenever he uploads it to the website. He could do it tomorrow if he wanted to. As for the product being in Monsta's hands by 7/1, I'd say it's a good bet to think he'll have them by then. It's just new paint on a bat that's already passed testing, certified, and the machines can make the shells.

The only potential issues are whether his manufacturer screws up the decals like they did on the original Torch, hence the blemished sale that just took place. Worth/Miken shells are produced in the same facility as Monstas, so if they're smart, they'll demand a new batch to go our around 6/20 or so to slow Monstas production down. They would obviously be moved to the head of the line if asked.

Almost nobody has said a word about the quality of the product being bad.

If you hit the sweetspot a ball does go quite a ways off of a DNA. The problem is if you miss the relatively small sweetspot, the ball doesn't go very far at all. I would say in ASA my average distance and exit speed is better with an Aftermath because the barrel is a lot more forgiving if you hit towards the handle or endcap. Same thing with my KF-30 in USSSA. It's been a long time since I swung a composite bat with as small of a sweetspot as the DNA has.

TRaj2327

Wow this thread blew up like a Zombie.

Again, post your bat bag, or STFU. Unless you're swinging Hammers and $50 Walmart bats, you're a hypocrite. I'm sure you probably have the hottest Demarini and Worth/Miken in your bag, Mr. Can't Hit It Out of the Infield.

I will say again, I'm not defending Carl, but I am calling out your idiocy.

As a matter of fact I do because I'm part of the wise majority to not support that asshat. I'm not sure what my bat bag has to do with it or what connection there is with what I swing. Anyway, please continue to defend Monsta and claim you aren't. You're doing that well at least seeing as you have one on the way.

Everyone who has said "I'm not defending Monsta" in this thread has continued on to defend Monsta.

Nailed it.

Who the hell in their right mind wants to order a bat and then have no real idea when it's coming? Weeks? Months? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Any other brand you can pick an online retalier, order it, and have it in 4 days, even if you pick the slow shipping option.

Also nailed it. I guess we should all start planning for the 2017 season and get our pre-orders in.

NIW Freak12 at release - $225 to $180-190 when MSRP got lifted

NIW Freak12 now - $250+ seen them as high as $300

This game can be played all day. Resale value of bat tells no one anything about the company that makes them. Not sure why it is even being mentioned.

Thank you for this post showing the idiocy of "resale value." But really, people actually buy bats as investments and think about resale value of a bat they intend to use? I mean I might understand holding on to something that would be considered rare, but people really consider resale value on a bat they're using? Good lord. Talk about pinching pennies. Here's another idea, swing the bat until it breaks rather than buying into some dweebs claim that the latest bat is somehow hotter than the last and is going to get you that extra 2' of distance to clear the fence.

"Last years model performed at 97.7 mph. This years performs at 97.71 making it the new hottest bat ever made!! Better go buy it!"

Please.

Anyone want to bet that these dates stick? At least the preorder date has a chance.

Wow. Good luck finding someone to take that bet. Of course it sticks. He's not reinventing the wheel by making a specially painted bat from a model already available. He could have it out next week if he somehow applied graphics to existing Torch models. Risky maneuver pushing all the chips in on this one. We'll all really have a good laugh if it fails.

Last edited:

TRaj2327

It's threads like this that make me wish Joker was still around.

RIP, Joker. You're free from the stupidity at last.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
The reason they are always out of stock, dont ship fast, or dont even customize your bat in a timely manner is this. They close their damn shop EVERY SINGLE tournament they play in. That is right, the players on the Monsta team are the ones who make the bats. Great way to run a business.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I've also seen a few Monsta bats for sale lately with only a few swings saying "small rattle"

Is that the "inner barrel technology"? I thought that was simply foam and rubber?

I should have my DNA today. Im interested in checking out the feel, sound, and sweet spot of the bat. Hoping it's not similar to the Asa Z bats with the discs in the barrel.

Seth57

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been considering Monsta after going to a couple ASA tourney's last year and watching guys crush the ball with one. After being questioned on the bat the guys let both teams use the bat (DNA) and that damn thing was on fire. I've been looking around and they are hard to find. Then I see recently on one of their customer based Facebook pages some guys selling what they have stating they were moving on to another company for different reasons. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this company. I've also heard that their ASA bat may be put on the banned bats lists. Any help before I shell out some dough would be appreciated.

RustyShakleford

The only post you need to read is the third post on page one by Bobby Buggs. He is the only person in here who has designed a product and built a company that revolves around the softball world. Everyone else in here is just a consumer. He is the only one that can give an insight on how the company is being run. Based on what he said, it isn't good.

MAB

The Rookie
The reason they are always out of stock, dont ship fast, or dont even customize your bat in a timely manner is this. They close their damn shop EVERY SINGLE tournament they play in. That is right, the players on the Monsta team are the ones who make the bats. Great way to run a business.

They close for Corky's, McQuades, Fireman's, and ASA World's. So being closed for nearly 24 business days bothers you?

MAB

The Rookie
Where did you hear this?

Carl has said it in the militia multiple times. A person who is commenting a lot on this thread has a fake account in the militia and could maybe use the search tool and show you the results.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
I've been considering Monsta after going to a couple ASA tourney's last year and watching guys crush the ball with one. After being questioned on the bat the guys let both teams use the bat (DNA) and that damn thing was on fire. I've been looking around and they are hard to find. Then I see recently on one of their customer based Facebook pages some guys selling what they have stating they were moving on to another company for different reasons. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this company. I've also heard that their ASA bat may be put on the banned bats lists. Any help before I shell out some dough would be appreciated.

Bottom line is Monsta has made some very solid ASA bats (DNA, Torch & Bombardier) so the product itself is good. The customer service can be lacking and order status information should be taken with a grain of salt. If you're not a patient person or you need a bat within a week from ordering it, don't get one. If you can wait 2 or 3 months without losing your mind, I'd at least give one a shot and see if it's for you. Or buy one used and make that determination and sell it if you don't like it. Much the same as most people do with any other bats.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a fake account in the Militia? I own a DNA and a 15 Monsta, just tired of the way that Carl deals with anyone who dares question him about anything. I heard for a long time how much of a douche bag Carl is, and ive gotten to see exactly that myself. He would have a TON more business if he didnt act like a douche bag with short man syndrome.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought both bats a year ago, and wont buy another from them because of the way the little prick acts.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I would actually think this is pretty cool. Now, if he blames all his problems on this or thinks it excuses the delays then that's dumb.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only post you need to read is the third post on page one by Bobby Buggs. He is the only person in here who has designed a product and built a company that revolves around the softball world. Everyone else in here is just a consumer. He is the only one that can give an insight on how the company is being run. Based on what he said, it isn't good.
All i needed to read was that first time he went off on sbf because they wouldn't pay him retail for his bats and then sell them for the same.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Bottom line is Monsta has made some very solid ASA bats (DNA, Torch & Bombardier) so the product itself is good. The customer service can be lacking and order status information should be taken with a grain of salt. If you're not a patient person or you need a bat within a week from ordering it, don't get one. If you can wait 2 or 3 months without losing your mind, I'd at least give one a shot and see if it's for you. Or buy one used and make that determination and sell it if you don't like it. Much the same as most people do with any other bats.

I ordered one (Bombardier) on March 17, the website said next delivery expected to start on April 10, yesterday i received shipping confirmation for what I have to assume is my bombardier.

MAB

The Rookie
I have a fake account in the Militia? I own a DNA and a 15 Monsta, just tired of the way that Carl deals with anyone who dares question him about anything. I heard for a long time how much of a douche bag Carl is, and ive gotten to see exactly that myself. He would have a TON more business if he didnt act like a douche bag with short man syndrome.

I wasn't referring to you.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
All i needed to read was that first time he went off on sbf because they wouldn't pay him retail for his bats and then sell them for the same.

You would think sbf would be willing to pay him full retail for the honor of carrying his product. Wtf were they thinking?

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
So if Carl continues to offer less than stellar Customer service and goes out of business when the hotness wears off... Who is going to supply these lifetime warranty Bats. My guess is it's 50/50 he is still in business 5 years from now.

I was thinking how some people are buying monster bats secondhand for $300 and calling and having the $129 warranty added? Are flipping kidding me? $429. Please stop bringing up the flex, and extended Eastons. I don't see the comparison.