How is Miken on warranty claims?

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I just sent in my 27 oz 2015 Miken freak black max load for performance issues. This thing was fire for 2 full seasons but now the sound has changed to more of a thud than a loud crack and it just doesn't seem to have that exit speed. The guys on my team even said it seems broken.

My question is will Miken honor a warranty claim on a bat that doesn't seem to have visual damage? How can I or they prove the lightning is gone from this bat? This is my first softball bat warranty claim so sorry for the noon question and thanks for the help.

jhitman

I just sent in my 27 oz 2015 Miken freak black max load for performance issues. This thing was fire for 2 full seasons but now the sound has changed to more of a thud than a loud crack and it just doesn't seem to have that exit speed. The guys on my team even said it seems broken.

My question is will Miken honor a warranty claim on a bat that doesn't seem to have visual damage? How can I or they prove the lightning is gone from this bat? This is my first softball bat warranty claim so sorry for the noon question and thanks for the help.

From my experience dealing with Miken's CS I would say you are out of luck.

wcoastsoftball

If it is out of the year warranty period, this isn't even a question. But if it is, might as well swing it until it breaks, then send it in.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Just got off the phone with Miken and they're sending me a 27oz freak 30 as a replacement. Needless to say I am very excited.

jethrodub

Coach
Did you send the bat in to them? Did they have anything to say regarding the fact that it was two years old? How did this process work for you?

I am just curious as it seems odd that a bat company would send a replacement bat to someone once the bat has past its 1 year warranty period. If you are getting a return for a 2 year old bat, I would say the customer service is absolutely excellent.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I bought the bat last year right before fall season. Used it on two nights a week for fall and spring season. Probably had a good 500 game at bats on it since both teams loved how it swung and hit.