Baseball card collectors.

Hey sbf pals, i just picked up collecting baseball cards and memorabilia. Is their any expert collectors here and if so, would you mind guiding a local member thru the card collecting process.

333e2aa.jpg

JP21

First thing you should do is familiarize your self with Beckett.. here is the link http://www.beckett.com/

Probably the best web site for buying/trading/pricing cards and memorabilia etc...

As for collecting, I would only stick to cards you like over cards of value. Don't buy a card in the hopes of it increasing in value, rather buy/collect based on preference. I personally only collect RC and nothing but... I usually buy two boxes of Bowman Chrome per year and sort based on RC... That way its their first true RC card (usually holds the highest value but again who gives a ****) and you get RC cards for players who are up and comers..

Great hobby but can get as expensive as collecting bats... But at least my kids will have multiple shoes boxes of RC cards some day..

Also you can never go wrong with a Jeter RC foil.. If you do buy one.. make sure its graded..

best of luck and happy collecting

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Don't let someone break into your house while you are at work and steal them all. It will take the fun out of it.

Thanks bud, yeah my dad just gave me a few folders aswell with a bunch of cards. Lol. Just got to colleting cuz i love the sport, thx for guide on beckett and that Bowman chrome.

3XC

Big Truss
I just ate a banh mi and they put a fresh pepper slice on the side, I ate it thinking it was a jalapeno, I'm dying right now. My upper lip feels like its being burned with chemicals.

3XC

Big Truss
My mom is obese and is a gambling addict. Not really. She goes to bingo once a week and sometimes twice a week and gambles like 15 dollars a night. But it makes her sound interesting.

She is obese though.

3XC

Big Truss
She is more interesting than you huh
Everyone is more interesting than me, I'm pushing 40, I'm an office worker with a sensible car and a 401k. I ain't trying to front like I'm some adventurer because I fly coach to safe countries once a year for a week and stick to main roads while I take pictures of trees and ****.

Better to be real than fake.

hedge

life takes guts
I fly out Sunday morning for Florida. I'm ready to relax in the sand and hit up the theme parks