Monsta Bat issues

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Lol... mine are ocean rods... when I go out I have about 8 different setups ... normally 2 each of the common line size so if I loose a hook I don't have to re-tie during a hot tuna bite

That's more understandable for me, the gear is heavier duty and there's a lot of money just making the boat trip. Would be worse to get out there and have crappy equipment fail you.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I still assert that Monsta caters to w(rec)k ballers with piss poor swings. The few Monstas I see around here are swung by horrible players who know they suck and want to maximize whatever pathetic distance they can get by swinging a hot bat.
"Everybody" wants the hottest stick. I want something that feels smooth in the swing and the feel I like off the barrel. Why I could not get with the Z's, and not interested in other weird barrel feels no matter what they say might be added distance. Just trying to get on base and occasionally one might go over but that is not my swing style.

dsmccain

Addicted to Softballfans
the monsta DNA joker comes out, on the side of the barrel it says, monsta na with a frog choking on the D

dsmccain

Addicted to Softballfans
Joker
411217ac56929a0cfddbc4a799a354be581840fa2c4af90b6bbfca009424ee55.jpg

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
Custom fishing rods? Think I've only ever owned Ugly Sticks......

I must be the league night, Hammer swinging pop-fly hitter of the fishing world and in no way can relate to the performance value of a custom fishing rod.

completely depends on the type of fishing that you do. if i'm flipping weedbeds, i need Heavy full action (rainbow bend) rods, if i'm vertical jigging for tight lipped walleye, if i put my Medium light fast action jiggin rod in your hand, you'd think that ugly stick was an oak log by comparison.

i have 2 ugly sticks that i use for casting crankbaits at spill over dams. love them as all purpose.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
completely depends on the type of fishing that you do. if i'm flipping weedbeds, i need Heavy full action (rainbow bend) rods, if i'm vertical jigging for tight lipped walleye, if i put my Medium light fast action jiggin rod in your hand, you'd think that ugly stick was an oak log by comparison.

i have 2 ugly sticks that i use for casting crankbaits at spill over dams. love them as all purpose.

I have no doubt they're lame fishing poles, if good poles were $75ish I could see that but not heading well over $100 unless they're US made and definitely not over $200. It's not so much about the quality of the pole or that I don't think there's a difference, I'm sure they're a much better performing pole. I'm just not easy on my fishing poles at all, they ride in a truck bed, occasionally go brush busting with me, and sometimes get strapped to an external frame backpack. I don't worry about my $30 ugly sticks or if I have to buy another.

I just opened another tab and checking out rods on Bass Pro......dammit

tonyjohnson619

I have no doubt they're lame fishing poles, if good poles were $75ish I could see that but not heading well over $100 unless they're US made and definitely not over $200. It's not so much about the quality of the pole or that I don't think there's a difference, I'm sure they're a much better performing pole. I'm just not easy on my fishing poles at all, they ride in a truck bed, occasionally go brush busting with me, and sometimes get strapped to an external frame backpack. I don't worry about my $30 ugly sticks or if I have to buy another.

I just opened another tab and checking out rods on Bass Pro......dammit
Yes... I swell have 30 ugly sticks and cheap reels that I beat up on the river and lake... all my custom stuff is ocean gear

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Yes... I swell have 30 ugly sticks and cheap reels that I beat up on the river and lake... all my custom stuff is ocean gear

That makes sense to me since ocean fishing likely won't be battling brush, if I owned a boat for fishing lakes I could also see using nicer equipment. Personally I'm happier to know someone with a boat than own a boat, done that before.

tonyjohnson619

That makes sense to me since ocean fishing likely won't be battling brush, if I owned a boat for fishing lakes I could also see using nicer equipment. Personally I'm happier to know someone with a boat than own a boat, done that before.
I own a 16ft aluminum bass boat and a pontoon boat for a party barge.. one of my best friends has a 23ft Warcraft coastal tuna boat

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
If you support Monsta and their nerd D/E reps who couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag then feel free quit softball and join the rec-est of rec leagues where you belong.

The bats are okay. They are good but they aren't hands down the best. I've seen USA AM and new Miken/Worth bats hit the ball as hard or harder and as far or farther.

You want to support a company who takes all of the pre-orders he has collected, boxes them up and brings them to a tournament, sells them to the crowd, then tells people they are back-ordered longer? Seems legit.

4xtra

Player/Coach
If you support Monsta and their nerd D/E reps who couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag then feel free quit softball and join the rec-est of rec leagues where you belong.

The bats are okay. They are good but they aren't hands down the best. I've seen USA AM and new Miken/Worth bats hit the ball as hard or harder and as far or farther.

You want to support a company who takes all of the pre-orders he has collected, boxes them up and brings them to a tournament, sells them to the crowd, then tells people they are back-ordered longer? Seems legit.

The Patriot ASA and the Aftermath ASA are indeed hotter than Monsta for LESS and without warranty concerns
I have swung all of them.
Demarini also has excellent CS.

Beauner

Starting Player
This is the part that cracks me up.
He had what, 200-300 bats on hand at Corky's? Probably sold them all. But couldn't get the people who had ordered bats a month ago theirs.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
He had what, 200-300 bats on hand at Corky's? Probably sold them all. But couldn't get the people who had ordered bats a month ago theirs.

Just sketchy. Bothers me personally. All I get to do is whine so why not whine? lol

4xtra

Player/Coach
Man, I have been some HORROR stories about that guy.
That guy is the Bernard Madoff of softball

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
DS boosting that post count....

Must have a big tourney coming up this weekend and need the extra footage on his long ball.