Mizuno Pro Select

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Has anyone had their hands on the new Mizuno Pro Selects yet? Looks like Mizuno is going after the A2000/HOH market with these. They look good in the photos, I dig the classic tan color scheme, but I really want to see one in person before pulling the trigger on one. As an added bonus they appear to have a DCT pattern 13" first base mitt. :cool:

312596_FR80

https://www.mizunousa.com/category/sports/baseball/ball+gloves.do?c=100262.100352.100367&+LIMITED&type=PRO+LIMITED&price=$200.00-$299.99&pp=12&sortby=ourPicksAscend&cx=0

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow, the first Mizunos in a while that interest me! Esp these 12.75" ones.

mizuno-pro-select-gps1-700dh-infield-baseball-glove-front.jpg

mizuno-pro-select-gps1-700ds-outfield-baseball-glove-back.jpg

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
I heard the pro selects are legit. Gloveworks forum has a review. I'll have to check around locally and see if I can get my hands on one.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
With Easton stepping up thier game and now this. Pretty awesome stuff and really good news for us glove ho's.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
From WPW: "Mizuno isn’t messing with a good thing as it pertains to their elite Pro Limited line. You can expect the same extremely high-quality features that separates the Pro Limiteds from other brands, including their Speed Drive Technology, where each pattern is weighted and balanced per position to optimize performance and durability. Pro Limiteds, compared to the newly launched lines, are made of Northern European kip leather, and the leather undergoes a proprietary tanning process while being individually handmade in Haga, Japan. Pro Limiteds sport the luxurious Shika Palm, made of super soft deerskin, and also offers owners a one-time repair and reconditioning program to restore your glove by some of the best glove craftsman on earth."

Unless it is a Custom Order, Pro Limiteds are made in Shanghai, China.

Soxfan8

Starting Player
From WPW: "Mizuno isn’t messing with a good thing as it pertains to their elite Pro Limited line. You can expect the same extremely high-quality features that separates the Pro Limiteds from other brands, including their Speed Drive Technology, where each pattern is weighted and balanced per position to optimize performance and durability. Pro Limiteds, compared to the newly launched lines, are made of Northern European kip leather, and the leather undergoes a proprietary tanning process while being individually handmade in Haga, Japan. Pro Limiteds sport the luxurious Shika Palm, made of super soft deerskin, and also offers owners a one-time repair and reconditioning program to restore your glove by some of the best glove craftsman on earth."

Not sure this is correct, but we could be confusing Mizuno Pros with Mizuno Pro Limiteds. What you quoted says that production has moved back to Japan for Pro Limiteds. Same information can be found on Mizuno USA's website. See, for example: https://www.mizunousa.com/product/baseball-gmp700jbk-mizuno-pro.do

"Made in Haga, Japan: The glove of choice for over 100 professional ballplayers, each Mizuno Pro LE is meticulously handcrafted by one of the most revered Glove Craftsman in the word—a Mizuno Glove Master. Mizuno Pro LE gloves are made with Northern European Kip leather, which is hand-selected and impeccably conditioned. Regarded as the finest ball glove leather available. Mizuno Pro LE is the only glove with its own reconditioning program in which we will repair and recondition your glove once during its lifetime to restore it to its original glory."

If anything, I would think the new $350 level of Mizuno Pros would be made in China.

beeblebobble

Starting Player

They have actually incorporated "J" into the pro limited model #'s to differentiate from the previous China made versions.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Soooo, previous iterations of the Pro Limited lines were made in China. I wonder if these new "Pro Limited" lines are being made in China now and they have moved the cream of the crop, the "Pro Limited Edition" (what we all know as Pro Limited) to manufacturing facilities in Japan.
It would make sense due to the price points. Good discussion.
Dan

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Soooo, previous iterations of the Pro Limited lines were made in China. I wonder if these new "Pro Limited" lines are being made in China now and they have moved the cream of the crop, the "Pro Limited Edition" (what we all know as Pro Limited) to manufacturing facilities in Japan.
Dan
Up until this year all the Pro Limited's we had in the US were made in China. The new Pro Limited's are all made in Japan now (and price hiked accordingly). That's probably why they had the bandwidth to introduce a new line of gloves.
https://www.mizunousa.com/category/...=PRO+LIMITED&pp=12&sortby=ourPicksAscend&cx=0

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Dan
My Pro Select says "Made in Philippines"

beeblebobble

Starting Player
What's your take on it? What model?
I have the GPS1-600R - 11.75" Single Post - I'm only able to couch catch with it currently a torn thumb tendon has me on the "DL" so pretty incomplete perspective so far but I really dig it.

The pattern reminds me of a slightly bigger World Win GIC-3E or a slightly flatter Rawlings PRO200. It can do a single or dual break point.

The leather feels very similar to rawlings hoh j tanned leathers, with good quality laces through out. I wish the rolled welting was the same color as the shell leather but thats aesthetic. I have no idea what "Steelsoft Elite Palm Liner" really is, but it has a very tacky feeling which I like, but curious how it will feel once my hand is sweating in it.

I like the "Thumb Slot" over Wilson's and Rawlings thumb loop. It would be best to show with a picture but its different in that the thumb slot doesn't wrap around your thumb it comes up from the side so its more of strapping your thumb down instead of pulling it to the side. (First Mizuno in a long time so not sure if this has been the case for a while)

I know there are some videos of a few people showing how "stiff" it is, but I was able to close it out of the box no different than the recent run of DM horweens or the SBF's horween. I also have very average sized hands M/L in batting gloves and its a very snug fit, anyone with XL hands will have a tough time with the glove and there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the wrist opening on these.

I'm really impressed off the bat and looking forward to getting it out in the dirt to see how it performs. If I missed something you were curious about let me know.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the GPS1-600R - 11.75" Single Post - I'm only able to couch catch with it currently a torn thumb tendon has me on the "DL" so pretty incomplete perspective so far but I really dig it.

The pattern reminds me of a slightly bigger World Win GIC-3E or a slightly flatter Rawlings PRO200. It can do a single or dual break point.

The leather feels very similar to rawlings hoh j tanned leathers, with good quality laces through out. I wish the rolled welting was the same color as the shell leather but thats aesthetic. I have no idea what "Steelsoft Elite Palm Liner" really is, but it has a very tacky feeling which I like, but curious how it will feel once my hand is sweating in it.

I like the "Thumb Slot" over Wilson's and Rawlings thumb loop. It would be best to show with a picture but its different in that the thumb slot doesn't wrap around your thumb it comes up from the side so its more of strapping your thumb down instead of pulling it to the side. (First Mizuno in a long time so not sure if this has been the case for a while)

I know there are some videos of a few people showing how "stiff" it is, but I was able to close it out of the box no different than the recent run of DM horweens or the SBF's horween. I also have very average sized hands M/L in batting gloves and its a very snug fit, anyone with XL hands will have a tough time with the glove and there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the wrist opening on these.

I'm really impressed off the bat and looking forward to getting it out in the dirt to see how it performs. If I missed something you were curious about let me know.

Thank you! Sounds like I'm going to need to see one in person.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
could you throw up some pics BB? like of the thumb slot. just curious and the hos' pics are always better than stock

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
I got to check out 2 of the Fastpitch models today. 11.75 I-web and a 12" basket. Easily the stiffest gloves in the store, that's full of a2000/a2k and hoh/pp. Huge upgrade from the global elite.