Tee

Softball.com:

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
Im sure this has been discussed in the past, but cant find the threads. At least not from search function on the phone.

Looking for a good tee. Whats the best tee independent of cost? What is the best bank for the buck? Thanks for the help.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Im sure this has been discussed in the past, but cant find the threads. At least not from search function on the phone.

Looking for a good tee. Whats the best tee independent of cost? What is the best bank for the buck? Thanks for the help.
I enjoy milos sweat tee and Lipton.

Sloth91

Aside from price, the G tee. The Easton Square It Up is pretty good from what I've heard, but I don't know how long it will last. It also doesn't extend as high, so depending on how tall you are and how you're trying to hit it may or may not suffice.

dunkky

I made mine for fun and durability. it works perfect and it will never break. you won't save any money diy in my opinion. but you have one that will never break on you. At least the one I made.. I'll post a picture when i get a chance.

defos

A couple of years ago I was cleaning up at work, and was about to throw the non-working tripod work light in the dumpster when I realized it would make a great batting tee. I removed the light assemblies which left the tripod and the adjustable vertical tubes. A rubber tee top with the brushes fits perfectly over the top tube. The top cost $10, the tripod was free. It's nearly indestructible, adjustable, light weight, and fits in a small bat bag or a larger canvas lawn chair bag. I made another one from the work light I had at home, which also didn't work, so I could have one in each of my pickups. I recently picked up another tripod for about $3 at the Goodwill Outlet.

dunkky

here u go, you can raise up and down that clip for any height adjustment. it's sorta modified ver. of diy from youtube. if that pvc breaks cuz some dude can't swing which happened before, i can replace that easily. i have plenty left over.

Attachments

• 20180103_203516.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 37

Dogue

Evil Genius
They don't really look the same...the G Tee looks better to me (better base and telescoping system).

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Are G tee and Tanner tee the same product under a different brand??

The Tanner Tee uses replacement rubber chair feet (yup) for the telescoping joints. They just drill holes in them so it's a tight sliding fit with the next piece. I copied the design with steel pipe and made a diy tee at work for free, ;)

The G Tee uses aluminum tubing with industrial shaft seals for the joints. It's a much slicker design than the Tanner and every single part is easily replaceable. If you go to the parts list on their website, they show a clear photo of every single component. They practically walk you through building one for yourself.

Normy

Been considering the G Tee. In the pictures, it shows a weight laying on the base of the tee. Is this necessary or does the weight of the tee suffice on hits that don't contact much of the top rubber piece?

dunkky

second.. i would think very little weight is necessary for stability in windy weather, but doesn't have to be heavy at all. There could be no weight, just stable legs would be sufficient. Even u miss the rubber, what could go wrong..

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
Thx a lot for the response bro. Sounds like the G tee is really worth the extra $$$, unless I want to build one myself. I dont want to do that. G Tee it is. Really appreciate the help.

The Tanner Tee uses replacement rubber chair feet (yup) for the telescoping joints. They just drill holes in them so it's a tight sliding fit with the next piece. I copied the design with steel pipe and made a diy tee at work for free, ;)

The G Tee uses aluminum tubing with industrial shaft seals for the joints. It's a much slicker design than the Tanner and every single part is easily replaceable. If you go to the parts list on their website, they show a clear photo of every single component. They practically walk you through building one for yourself.

chile

Bad Ape
G tee - $100+...taking 30 min to go to home depot/lowes and buy 10ft of pvc pipe and that foam ac insulator then cut/assemble - $20.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
G tee - $100+...taking 30 min to go to home depot/lowes and buy 10ft of pvc pipe and that foam ac insulator then cut/assemble - $20.

This. As nice as the G Tee is, I'd cobble something together before I paid that kind of coin. But it should be a lifetime purchase, so I guess it's all relative.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Save yourself a hundred bucks and at least try the PVC tee. The only legitimate reasons one shouldn't use the DIY PVC tee is that they can't build one or they don't want to be made fun of for using the "Softball Fans" tee. Neither of which is legitimate because you can even talk the guys at Home Depot to cut the PVC to size for you, and rarely has anyone been made fun of for using the tee. And if someone does, who cares?

I like the PVC not only because the PVC tee is cheap, but I've tried most of the products on the market and it is the best combination of customizable, durable, portable, and cost effective tee (less than $10) out there. I don't put sand in my base and can break it down into five pieces that fit in any bat bag and go back together in literally seconds. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the DIY. It's nearly perfect

dunkky

oh yeah, if you are looking to spend 100+ for a simple thing like that, then you will save money with diy route. Also make you feel good too in a way. Save that money and put it into bat fund instead.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Not sure if this was already posted and don't want to watch the links. This is obagain from the forum:

^^^^^^^^^^This tee is the best. I've had one for about four years. Cost about $9 total and spent about 30 minutes putting it together. Well worth it for slowpitch softball.

defos

Here's one of the tees I made from a tripod work light. I have 3 and each tripod is a little different. The one I use most doesn't have the center post going to the ground so it's better suited for uneven ground than this one. It's also more height adjustable than this one. In the right photo it's right at 46". The other tee can go several inches lower, and both can go higher. The center post adjusts by turning the black part & pulling the small tube up, and by how far you slide the rubber tube over the tripod tube. This one could be lower if I cut the rubber tube shorter. The rubber tube has bristles for the ball to set on, and is available at most sports stores or web sites for $9.99. The bristles can and do pull out after a lot of use. The bristles in last rubber tube I bought seem to be anchored more solidly and are definitely stiffer. I should have taken a pic of it collapsed, but the legs fold in, and the tee fits in a small bat bag after the rubber tube is removed.

101_2807.JPG 101_2809.JPG

dunkky

good looking setup there. only problem with mine is it's little too heavier than i like. i might have to cut out some base board.

Made this one for less than $10. I've had it for a couple of years now. I didn't glue any of it together so I can take the top piece off easily. Hangs on the garage wall.

1621x8h.jpg

Normy

Made this one for less than $10. I've had it for a couple of years now. I didn't glue any of it together so I can take the top piece off easily. Hangs on the garage wall.

1621x8h.jpg
Looks sweet. If you don't mind me asking, what were the PVC lengths used? Thanks