Freak 23

wizkid2016

What’s everyone’s feedback on this bat?

It looks like everyone is selling off their 23’s and buying up all the freak 30’s.

I originally heard great things about the f23 but seen some really bad reviews on it recently.

Just curious, thanks

Kernsoftball

Have both Utrip and Asa models the issue they are running into along with myself is Durability and weighting. I also have a Freak30 last year's and the 23 is more Midload feel It works well for my swing, but not for everyone else's I haven't swung my 30 as it's still NIW. The Durability will work it's self out they were just wanting great out the wrapper reviews and dropping in winter is breaks bats left and right out there in the community.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Have both Utrip and Asa models the issue they are running into along with myself is Durability and weighting. I also have a Freak30 last year's and the 23 is more Midload feel It works well for my swing, but not for everyone else's I haven't swung my 30 as it's still NIW. The Durability will work it's self out they were just wanting great out the wrapper reviews and dropping in winter is breaks bats left and right out there in the community.

My 26 weighs 26.1 and feels like a supermax more then a maxload. About 200 hits in and no durability issues with all 52 COR and 1 44 COR.

sdsmalls6

Addicted to Softballfans
My 26 weighs 26.1 and feels like a supermax more then a maxload. About 200 hits in and no durability issues with all 52 COR and 1 44 COR.
I had my 1st F23 for about 200 swings and broke. Just got my replacement and have about 75 swings and thing is nasty and looks great. hitting 44's only in games and in warmer weather shouldn't put to much stress on it will it? I mean i will not be letting other guys swing my bats given how much these damn things cost.

wizkid2016

I am not too concerned about durability as I am performance. Kern, is this bat performing well for you? I have the ASA and Utrip model in the wrapper. I live in PA so haven't had the chance to swing them yet.

I've considered trading them for 2017 F30's if the 23's are confirmed to not be performing as-well-as the f30's

Thanks for the input guys.

sdsmalls6

Addicted to Softballfans
I think they mash and Miken did a great job with this line. If durabilty isnt an issue and performance is what you are after. I think you cant go wrong with these or the Harvey Legit. the Freak23 is my first Miken. I have been swinging eastons for years and huge difference IMO.

Kernsoftball

I feel like the First few Batches were struggling with the Durability issues, my teammates Kp23 is showing signs of cracking but he's just swinging it till it blows. It's a nasty bat out the wrapper don't get me wrong. I haven't swung it recently with the temps dropping in Cali been swinging my 17s. I'd say keep the Utrip sell the ASA or trade, mine is a smaller sweet spot and tight barrel even 50 swings in, I'm using my USA and harvey Legit in ASA this year

Kernsoftball

I feel like the endload is throughout the barrel on mine more than like a DC41 where it's seems to be all in Endcap. Something I've seen also the ASA feels different weighting than Utrip Version

BOLTMAN21

Manager
I feel like the First few Batches were struggling with the Durability issues, my teammates Kp23 is showing signs of cracking but he's just swinging it till it blows. It's a nasty bat out the wrapper don't get me wrong. I haven't swung it recently with the temps dropping in Cali been swinging my 17s. I'd say keep the Utrip sell the ASA or trade, mine is a smaller sweet spot and tight barrel even 50 swings in, I'm using my USA and harvey Legit in ASA this year
Mine still feels tight after 200 but has been opening up little by little. Legit BB in ASA for me (unless my Fallout changes that) . I'll keep swinging a few buckets on my KP23 ASA in BP to see if it ever opens up to my Legit's level.

I feel like the endload is throughout the barrel on mine more than like a DC41 where it's seems to be all in Endcap. Something I've seen also the ASA feels different weighting than Utrip Version
My buddies 26 utrip KP23 scales same as mine but feels lighter. I'm thinking its the inner barrel the ASA has which makes it feel more hefty.

Kernsoftball

Mine still feels tight after 200 but has been opening up little by little. Legit BB in ASA for me (unless my Fallout changes that) . I'll keep swinging a few buckets on my KP23 ASA in BP to see if it ever opens up to my Legit's level.

My buddies 26 utrip KP23 scales same as mine but feels lighter. I'm thinking its the inner barrel the ASA has which makes it feel more hefty.
Agreed the double barrel makes itself felt in comparison to the Utrip. I feel a Freak30 and the KP23 they are near same feel and my 2 KP23 Utrips are 26 and scale out at 26.17 and 26.23. My Asa had to be shipped back to Miken for them to fix the rattle from hit 5

SwingNpray

I was really interested in the freak 30 but prices never dropped under 200 so I saved up and was ready to buy the freak 23 when I saw BP hero review of it and it made me think twice.. I find it crazy that the freak 30 and 23 are selling for the same price.. i wonder if the performance is the reason.. i have not had a chance to swing either. Was trying to make the jump into the short barrel world... any other utrip recommendations?

Kernsoftball

I was really interested in the freak 30 but prices never dropped under 200 so I saved up and was ready to buy the freak 23 when I saw BP hero review of it and it made me think twice.. I find it crazy that the freak 30 and 23 are selling for the same price.. i wonder if the performance is the reason.. i have not had a chance to swing either. Was trying to make the jump into the short barrel world... any other utrip recommendations?
Yes my Utrip recommendation short barrel is the Branch Legit a great bat good Endload feel. My Utrip is Good not great the Branch is great not good lol

wizkid2016

I'm not playing much utrip this year except for a couple tournaments. I am glad I held on to my F12 gamer, I almost let this bat go when I purchased the f23 utrip. I seen a huge influx of f23's for sale/trade and it got me thinking that this bat isn't performing.

I also seen the BP hero video which caused me to post this question on the forum I wanted more opinions on the bat before I open the wrapper. I was very excited to take some cuts with this bat until I saw that video.

Kernsoftball

I'm not playing much utrip this year except for a couple tournaments. I am glad I held on to my F12 gamer, I almost let this bat go when I purchased the f23 utrip. I seen a huge influx of f23's for sale/trade and it got me thinking that this bat isn't performing.

I also seen the BP hero video which caused me to post this question on the forum I wanted more opinions on the bat before I open the wrapper. I was very excited to take some cuts with this bat until I saw that video.
Trade it for a Branch if you could you will be happier

wizkid2016

I've been doing indoor tee work with the F23 and it's stiff IMO. I have about 150 swings on my F23 and i'm liking it more and more. I am holding on to it until I can get outdoors and take some BP.