USSSA Bat recommendation

lakeyale13

Manager
Been a LONG time! Getting back into the game after a 7 year hiatus. Have zero bat knowledge for today’s game. When I played Worth and Miken were King. Easton and Louisville Slugger put out clearly inferior products and Demarini was in the middle.

Can anyone Recommend a USSSA Miken bat that is simply a no brainer? I prefer a two piece but that isn’t a deal breaker. Also, I prefer an end load compared to a balanced. Thank you for your input and thoughts!

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
Big changes in past few years. Easton is producing amazing bats out of the wrapper. LS and demarini are catching up as well. Miken and worth are still what they have been for a long time.

Just decide what length barrel and how big of an EL you prefer to narrow your options. If you have the ability to swing different models I highly recommend doing so. Otherwise jump on you tube and check out BP Hero. He will have a review on just about any bat you are considering.

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
But if you want a quick answer... if I were you, being out for 7 years, I would go with a long barrel (13.5in) with large sweet spot. Miken Dc41, psycho.. Worth Legit Purcell, Harvey, watermelon.. I personally would have a hard look at any easton fireflex model as well.

lakeyale13

Manager
But if you want a quick answer... if I were you, being out for 7 years, I would go with a long barrel (13.5in) with large sweet spot. Miken Dc41, psycho.. Worth Legit Purcell, Harvey, watermelon.. I personally would have a hard look at any easton fireflex model as well.

I bought a Wild Fireflex and a DC 41. LOVE the Easton and just breaking in the DC 41.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Still can't go wrong with Miken/Worth - Choice there is all about barrel size, weight and load preferences. IMO seek out 2018 models and save coin. Nothing major to the 19 over the 18 lines. Try to find a Freak 20th EL or Freak Primo EL, or the purple Psycho from last year. Good bats with the 1/2oz EL. Kinda middle ground big barrel type bat with some load but nothing sledgey like DC41.

As others said, Easton is making a fine product now. The feel is an acquired taste, but the performance is right there if not exceeding the Miken/Worth stuff very early out of wrap. All evens out eventually. If you play with testing, the Easton will likely fail comp test quicker.

Demarini - IMO 2018 Nautalai & Twisted Mistress, or skip to the 2019 Nautalai and Mistress. The rest of the 19 line is pretty good, but needs a lot more BP to open up. The 2018 Juggy recommendation is a good one for the buck - But it takes a lot more work I find to get going. Even at that, my newer 19 Juggy and 19 Fulk put it to shame pretty quick with far fewer hits.

LS - Better but I am biased here. They take work and feel funny to me. Always did. For those I know who stick with them and work them in, they are rewarded after with a good hot bat. Stick to 2018 Z1000 or anything 2019 IMO.

My 2 cents.

RAM4

Addicted to Softballfans
Been a LONG time! Getting back into the game after a 7 year hiatus. Have zero bat knowledge for today’s game. When I played Worth and Miken were King. Easton and Louisville Slugger put out clearly inferior products and Demarini was in the middle.

Can anyone Recommend a USSSA Miken bat that is simply a no brainer? I prefer a two piece but that isn’t a deal breaker. Also, I prefer an end load compared to a balanced. Thank you for your input and thoughts!

LilMailman

I have grabbed two of the DB44. They are just sick. I'm selling my DC-41 because they are so good.

Hey Lakeyale, still loving the juggy? Considering getting one. I'm not usually much of a power hitter but have had success with a friend's DC41... now that I've been shopping, I'm looking at the DB44 since it's such a good deal! For a guy with mediocre power (despite being a mailman), do you think I'd like the juggy as much as the DC41?

I could just buy a DC41, but the team already has a ton and it would be fun to get something different.

lakeyale13

Manager
Hey Lakeyale, still loving the juggy? Considering getting one. I'm not usually much of a power hitter but have had success with a friend's DC41... now that I've been shopping, I'm looking at the DB44 since it's such a good deal! For a guy with mediocre power (despite being a mailman), do you think I'd like the juggy as much as the DC41?

I could just buy a DC41, but the team already has a ton and it would be fun to get something different.

I would say it all comes down to feel. The Juggy has a different overall feel than the DC-41. Juggy has a shorter barrel and a different feel on contact. DC-41 is definitely going to feel stiffer. I prefer the DB44 over the DC-41, but that being said the DC-41 is an incredible bat and you simply cannot go wrong with it at all.

Unless you can find someone with a DB44 to take some BP with, I would recommend you going with the DC-41. You have swung the bat and know it works for you. You may not like the DB44.