Confronting a teammate using a shaved bat.

lakeyale13

Manager
Why would someone need a shaved bat with today bats lol? I didn’t know that was still a thing

Because people are still that 7th-12h grade wounded kid that couldn't hit a home run and are now trying to fulfill childhood fantasies. Sad and pathetic...but true.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
If people are competing, people are cheating. If someone has to get a shaved bat to try to beat me so be it. If I ever get back to playing for more than a free t-shirt or a POS trophy maybe I'll start caring again. Haha.
I compete but don't cheat.. that whole if you aint cheating you aint tryin crap is lame js

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I would explain to him the liability issues if he hurts someone........Also, anyone else who swings it, even unknowingly. Then I'd swing my own bat and not worry about him.

Redsfan

I compete but don't cheat.. that whole if you aint cheating you aint tryin crap is lame js

Just because you say you don't cheat doesn't mean other won"t. I don't doctor my equiptment either. Never had to. Been playing since 1989. Seen teams/players cheat then and I still see it in 2019. Read a little bit better. In my statement no where did I say you had to cheat.

tonys1

Just because you say you don't cheat doesn't mean other won"t. I don't doctor my equiptment either. Never had to. Been playing since 1989. Seen teams/players cheat then and I still see it in 2019. Read a little bit better. In my statement no where did I say you had to cheat.

Read a little bit better. You made reference to a few clichés and so did he, without accusing you of anything.

hitsone

I remember back in the day when every softball site had a juiced forum. At first it was taken the same way guys would hop up their cars back then. Once a safety concern with possible legal actions arose all those forums disappeared quickly. The concensous of the juiced boards was any increase in power was porportional, usually 5 to 8%. So if you were a 200' hitter nobody would noticed but if you were warning track you were now a slugger. Not really worth the cost of a suspension for you and your manager.,or the cost of using a short life bat. I have noticed the increase in long balls by todays players, better bats out of the wrapper coupled with better training has changed the game

lakeyale13

Manager
I remember back in the day when every softball site had a juiced forum. At first it was taken the same way guys would hop up their cars back then. Once a safety concern with possible legal actions arose all those forums disappeared quickly. The concensous of the juiced boards was any increase in power was porportional, usually 5 to 8%. So if you were a 200' hitter nobody would noticed but if you were warning track you were now a slugger. Not really worth the cost of a suspension for you and your manager.,or the cost of using a short life bat. I have noticed the increase in long balls by todays players, better bats out of the wrapper coupled with better training has changed the game

Yeah man. If you can't consistently hit the ball out with the bats they have now, then you weren't meant to. And that is ok...NOTHING to be ashamed of. Be the guy that just gets on base. That is super valuable.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
I have a buddy on an opposing team who uses a Combat Extinction without the disc. Doesn't sound like a normal Combat and launches the 52's. We have compression testing and he said it was just above the pass/fail. I guess that was his justification for using it. I never say anything because I know others send theirs to get shaved after the fact. Kinda frustrating for those of us who try to walk the line.

i have a disc-less Wanted and its a bomb dropper. it used to always be in my bag for bp but i wasn't paying attention one night and a buddy pulled it out and hit a scud over the pitchers head that didn't stop until the morning and was like holy spit why don't you use this. so i stopped bringing it.

Normy

i have a disc-less Wanted and its a bomb dropper. it used to always be in my bag for bp but i wasn't paying attention one night and a buddy pulled it out and hit a scud over the pitchers head that didn't stop until the morning and was like holy spit why don't you use this. so i stopped bringing it.
We have a discless DBA that we use in practice as well. Scuds R us!

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Yeah man. If you can't consistently hit the ball out with the bats they have now, then you weren't meant to. And that is ok...NOTHING to be ashamed of. Be the guy that just gets on base. That is super valuable.
realistically, what's your end goal with confronting your teammate? Once you find out he's a dirty cheater are you kicking him off the team? How do you know he isn't lying to you in the first place?

LeftBench

Addicted to Softballfans
Sign up for Sunday baseball leagues if you don't like the 5'5" 140 hitting 325' with underhand pitching. See em hit it 325' with overhand pitching and smaller ball.
The ball is tossed underhand. Many try to get an edge, it is in sporting history. Almost anyone can play slow-pitch softball (diff. levels of course).
Even people who did not play baseball or play it that well have a better chance to become a better slow-pitch softball player.
Joker for example. If you saw the post of his swing years back, you would see that he is living proof gifted children can play slow-pitch too.

dunkky

this shouldn't even be a debate people. if u see ur friend doing wrong thing, breaking the rule, etc, u tell him, if he doesn't listen, then he is out. what's this nonsense of hitting long ball has anything to do him breaking the rule. rule is rule, don't matter if his ba is .200 or .800, 0 bombs or 200 bombs.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
this shouldn't even be a debate people. if u see ur friend doing wrong thing, breaking the rule, etc, u tell him, if he doesn't listen, then he is out. what's this nonsense of hitting long ball has anything to do him breaking the rule. rule is rule, don't matter if his ba is .200 or .800, 0 bombs or 200 bombs.
^^^ ding ding

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
So if your team was playing "clean" and the other team was using shaved bats and beat your team by 1 run...you're telling me that you could care less? If so, you are a better man than me.

This is pretty much what happens at worlds every year, then the team gets to the finals and half their bats get confiscated. Oh well. I’m still going to wake up on Monday and go to work if we win a trophy or come in last place. So no, losing a softball game isn’t that big of a deal to me. There are things in life that are much more important than winning at softball.

lakeyale13

Manager
This is pretty much what happens at worlds every year, then the team gets to the finals and half their bats get confiscated. Oh well. I’m still going to wake up on Monday and go to work if we win a trophy or come in last place. So no, losing a softball game isn’t that big of a deal to me. There are things in life that are much more important than winning at softball.

100% agree. At the end of the day my family, friends, relationship with God, work, etc are way more important than softball.

That being said, I don't understand how you can't have an understanding that its just a game and there are many things more important and still want to play a game on an even playing field with in the rules given. You can have both.

lakeyale13

Manager
I have decided (not that anyone could give a rip LOL) that I'm not going to say anything. It will play itself out. The dude has one HR all year and with his "new bat" has 2 HR's with 3 swings of the bat. Literally 2 of the first 3 balls hit are HR's completely new out of the wrapper. Bat has a horrible sound to it and both teams have commented that the bat could be altered / illegal. Problem is, the dude with that bat on my team is also the League Director.

MileHighBuffalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Last December I decided to go down to Costa Rica and got some bicep and tricep implants. Got a great deal, best $$$ I ever spent. The Walmart babes in the stands love me and I can use my re-engineered bat without a worry.