Nihilist

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Idk y anyone would consider it anything other than a flipper with a different endcap, loading and whatever other lil twist they put on it js :rolleyes:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
It features the continuous fiber technology (Nautalai) barrel. Considering that barrel technology has only been around since late last year, I would say it's not the same as the Flipper which has been around since fall 2012.
If it has divergence technology it is a flip too me js..all that other continuous fiber stuff doesn't change the fact that is is divergence tech.. all I've been reading about all these new fiber and what not seem to have one thing in common, lack of durability

scstryder

Manager
I'm actually excited to try one. I think what hurts Demarini is that they are too transparent with their tech and specs. Companies like Anarchy don't really list the specs, so you can't really compare bat A to bat B. They've been releasing so many bats as of late, is each model that much different than the other? I think if Demarini would go back to not being so transparent like back in the day, the enthusiasts would be all about it. Is it balanced or is it end loaded? quad wall or double wall? Just like the sticky that is up from years ago.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
All manufacturers are doing the same thing transparency or not change up some paint loading and different/new fibers or whatever and they say it's new..

I've always liked demarini since early/mid 90's no other manufacturers bats have suited me/my swing like demarini it just seems they are going along with what the rest if them are doing

chile

Bad Ape
I ordered this bat today simply because I love the name of it. Anyone else here a fan of The Big Lebowski? :cool:

full

SwingTheD206

I was able to swing my Nihilist for the first time Monday. Took about 50 swings off of a tee hitting Tattoo NX3 bp balls (Yellow/Blue). I have a 27oz, feels slightly end loaded. Has a very loud cracking sound on contact from swing one, very smooth through the zone, and the sweet spot is large running up and down the barrel similar to how the Nautalai is. I purposely miss hit a couple balls just to gauge the feeling and they still felt pretty good with decent exit speed. I have a '19 Flipper OG and A3 RD28 in the same weight and this bat seems to perform better out of wrapper in comparison to the other two from what I can remember. The sound is like no Flipper I have swung and I feel that the bat is more forgiving. I would definitely recommend it or at the very least wait until December when both mainline release.

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
I was able to swing my Nihilist for the first time Monday. Took about 50 swings off of a tee hitting Tattoo NX3 bp balls (Yellow/Blue). I have a 27oz, feels slightly end loaded. Has a very loud cracking sound on contact from swing one, very smooth through the zone, and the sweet spot is large running up and down the barrel similar to how the Nautalai is. I purposely miss hit a couple balls just to gauge the feeling and they still felt pretty good with decent exit speed. I have a '19 Flipper OG and A3 RD28 in the same weight and this bat seems to perform better out of wrapper in comparison to the other two from what I can remember. The sound is like no Flipper I have swung and I feel that the bat is more forgiving. I would definitely recommend it or at the very least wait until December when both mainline release.

Thanks for the review.

chile

Bad Ape

no 44/375's?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Even with the member pricing I'd rather go with an 18 USAM for $169 NIW on another site. Even if the new bat performs better it's marginal I bet.
My thoughts as well, if these perform better outa wrap it will be marginal.. my concerns are durability, i sure hope D didn't sacrfice that js