That's a Bold Strategy Cotton........

SandyWH

#Delicious
Quarantine has given me time to do some shopping for bats looking at all the exclusives that have been coming out left and right.
One thing that I have noticed is that there are sites out there that advertise bat shaving services that are now coming out with exclusive versions/models of bats.
As a player (and pitcher) I'm not sure how I feel about this.
We all know that there are guys at every level and every park that are going to be swinging their shaved bats. This isn't a new issue. But its never been advertised or announced quite like walking to the plate with a bat that is sold exclusively by one of these shaving services.

Thoughts on playing against one of these bats?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it's punk a** BS!

It is a recreational activity and with bats made today i thnk it's a shame that anyone that use them so the flys (500ft) thinks it COOL.

300ft is all it takes for a hr on most fields

tonys1

Depends on how they're being advertised and stamps - one thing to cut a legit bat and put it in the hands of some clown who takes it down to league. Are these bats being sold with no stamps? If so, that's no big deal I'd think...

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
If they're not advertising them as "home run derby bats".......They're probably liable for injuries caused by it........If they are labeling them as "home run derby bats" and you purchase one and use for anything else......Then you're probably liable for injuries caused by it............If you purchase one at all. You probably have a vagina, and should be spending some time in the gym instead.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I still can't figure out who thinks they need a shaved bat in today's game. Gone are the days when you needed 1000 swings with .44s to get a bat going. Everything comes out of the wrapper at like 240 and fails in about 100 swings. Anyone who can't perform with today's equipment might need to take up a new hobby.

In the era of compression testing I fail to see how viable a shaved bat really is. You can get a non-shaved bat to hover at 220 with very few swings anyway.

Obviously I don't swing shaved bats. Never have, never will.

ShortYellowBus

Anarchy takes 1200 swings to start opening up.

Why go through all that? If you’re dumb enough to pay $400 for a Demon or Cancer Torch purporting to be the hottest bat, a $300 tampered bat seems like a bargain.

Carl says Monsta will make you an exclusive bat for $75 a piece, 300 bat minimum. So with $22,500 plus tax, you can get 300 bats that say “Super shaved AF” or “COVID-19 Is Bull****” that a bunch of morons will buy and wait 9 months for Carl to make them.

Sounds about right?

dunkky

what's this about? obviously, we are talking about shaved stick, but what led that discussion? I mean it's nothing new.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
what's this about? obviously, we are talking about shaved stick, but what led that discussion? I mean it's nothing new.

You're right. I don't really know what's different now. Shaved sticks are still around, just like they were 15 years ago.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like he's saying a retailer that also shaves got a exclusive like sbf got the wild fire flex, and they offer their shaving services on it, meaning when you see it it's assumed it's shaved. Did they call it the worth gilette or Easton bic by chance?

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Everyone is always fixated on the shaved bat. The ball negates a lot of the effect a shaved bat has. IMO the Classic + should be the standard ball. If you cannot hit a C+ over a 300 foot fence you have no business aiming for the fences.

The last tournament I played in we were using Super Blue dots and it was like PEW PEW PEW all day. When the LD ran out of Super Blue Dots he said hit your own ball, ANY BALL, so we threw in some Dudley Stadiums. The teams that threw in ASA balls were at a visible disadvantage.

ShortYellowBus

Shaved, rolling and calling a bat tampered with, is a marketing tactic. It’s the perception of an obviously superior bat if doctored by an establishment who routinely does tampering.

It’s not a secret that bats aren’t made in the USA and they all come built from China. Perhaps certain paint spray and handle assembly happens in the USA.

It’s all about perception.

Pretty

Softball is cool
I know we can’t post but I am relatively aware from the book of faces all the companies and exclusives. I have no idea what bat shaving company has an exclusive also. Maybe I am naive to who is known as a bat shaving service though.

SandyWH

#Delicious
It sounds like he's saying a retailer that also shaves got a exclusive like sbf got the wild fire flex, and they offer their shaving services on it, meaning when you see it it's assumed it's shaved. Did they call it the worth gilette or Easton bic by chance?
This.