Other SPN rules. play at second

baseman

in your face nancy grace
R1 on first BR hits to 2nd. Ball is tossed to SS crossing 2B. As he is crossing 2B pulls the ball from his glove to throw to 1st and the ump called R1 safe as the ball wasn't in the glove when he touched the base.
I know it can be in his hand but how to properly explain this to a volunteer ump?

RNRPLZ

R1 on first BR hits to 2nd. Ball is tossed to SS crossing 2B. As he is crossing 2B pulls the ball from his glove to throw to 1st and the ump called R1 safe as the ball wasn't in the glove when he touched the base.
I know it can be in his hand but how to properly explain this to a volunteer ump?
That is one of the fastest plays at just about any level of ball. Your wording clearly stated ....as he pulled ball from his glove. As a 30 plus year just in softball alone, when I come towards 2B, I personally try to trap the ball between my glove and throwing hand. My question is, if you and other players saw the same thing why didn’t the umpire see it too? I guess with a volunteer you get what you get. Say thank you blue and after the game assist in some ball education.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Control is the key word. The fielder must have control of the ball in the glove or hand when touching the base to get the force. In a tournament it would be a protest, but in this situation all you can do is try and educate the umpire between innings or after the game.

baseman

in your face nancy grace
Control is the key word. The fielder must have control of the ball in the glove or hand when touching the base to get the force. In a tournament it would be a protest, but in this situation all you can do is try and educate the umpire between innings or after the game.

He had complete control about to throw to first.