Official 2021 Last AB Thread

loxx0050

What was the score when you got thrown out?

We were down alot and don't recall the exact score. But we needed to score 4 runs that inning to prevent it being called early due to mercy rule and live to play another inning. At least my base running shenanigans got the runner who was on 2nd when when I batted to score at home well before I got tagged out. I think we ended up only getting 2 of the 4 runs needed to continue. But we are D league slobs playing the best team that doesn't want to move up to a more competitive league (been together close to 45 years....the original team members grandsons are starting to play for them now as they've been around that long).

loxx0050

Last night another DH.

Game 1: line drive to left single (or was it a grounder past the 3rd/SS? I forget exactly.
Game 2: Sky high pop up between home and pitcher. Pitcher lost it in the lights as the ball went higher than the light post and bounced off his chest. Made it to 1st on that error and was my 3rd at bat that inning. (We scored 17 total that inning, 15 of them was with 2 outs).

Last night was fun as it was a scoring spree for both teams hitting singles into the gaps all night (total runs tallied for both games was 98 runs combined).

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok so i wish this was an official last AB'S cuz my best ab's have not always been the last one's here lately :)

Singlewall sr league last ab

6 3 out

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Lazy flyball to LC. The umpire tonight was awful! We play with a mat so mat and plate are a strike. The umpire was allowing the pitchers to throw for almost 60' and had zero ceiling. I took a few 18 footers for strikes. Not a fun night for sure.

r8dr_rider

Lazy flyball to LC. The umpire tonight was awful! We play with a mat so mat and plate are a strike. The umpire was allowing the pitchers to throw for almost 60' and had zero ceiling. I took a few 18 footers for strikes. Not a fun night for sure.
Lmao. I’ve only played with a mat in league and tournaments out here. But umps call too high and too low pitches from time to time..basically if ball doesn’t go over batters head it’s low and if it’s over 12’ it’s too high. Batter can still swing but if they don’t it’s a ball

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Lmao. I’ve only played with a mat in league and tournaments out here. But umps call too high and too low pitches from time to time..basically if ball doesn’t go over batters head it’s low and if it’s over 12’ it’s too high. Batter can still swing but if they don’t it’s a ball
That's how it's supposed to be in this league but the umpire didn't call anything illegal. It was laughable.