Pinckard 6 finger replacement

Jd1

Looking to replace my 6 finger Pinckard Pro 802 after 15 years. Ive used other gloves over the time as I started with baseball. Love my A2000 baseball glove but nothing beats the feel of the Pinckard in the outfield. Unfortunately it’s a bit floppy. 44 is running a 25% off sale so I ordered a new 6 finger from them. Finding a sub $200 6 finger is tough. What can I expect in regards to quality between the Pinckard and 44? I know I could save more and get an a2000 or hoh but financially that’s not an option.

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow, a Pinckard post! Honestly, from what I’ve been reading here, FB pages and IG, 44’s have a great customizer but they get floppy quick. You may want to consider having your glove worked over (cleaned, conditioned, re-laced, inserts, liner and binding replaced as needed too). Good luck.

Jd1

Wow, a Pinckard post! Honestly, from what I’ve been reading here, FB pages and IG, 44’s have a great customizer but they get floppy quick. You may want to consider having your glove worked over (cleaned, conditioned, re-laced, inserts, liner and binding replaced as needed too). Good luck.

Thanks. The only thing I really never liked was catching a liner…padding is non existent. Other than that, it’s been a fantastic glove. Even if the 44 is a fraction of the Pinckard quality I’ll be happy. Depending on laces quality I may have it replaced at some point. Was hoping for some recent feedback on the 6 finger but it’s been tough to find.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
What size is your Pro 802? I Googled that model number and come up with both a 11.5” & 12”.

There was a 12” Jtan Pro12TC for sale on FB last night for $250 I think? A 44 will never touch that glove, definitely worth the $50 over your budget!

And you’re right….finding a “true” Six-finger trap glove for less than $200 will be tough!

Jd1

What size is your Pro 802? I Googled that model number and come up with both a 11.5” & 12”.

There was a 12” Jtan Pro12TC for sale on FB last night for $250 I think? A 44 will never touch that glove, definitely worth the $50 over your budget!

And you’re right….finding a “true” Six-finger trap glove for less than $200 will be tough!

it’s a 12.75 that I got at a MN Twinsfest. I’d love to spring the extra 50+ but I only play in a summer church league and need to stay inside my budget. If I played more regularly I’d go with an A2000. I tightened laces and did a bunch to it but it’s it’s just too floppy. Without padding I bruised my hand pretty good this year (third, short and OF). Tried a glove under it but I lose too much feeling. Was hoping for a recent honest review of the recent 44 signature. From what I’ve read, quality used to be trash but has slowly improved over time. Obviously at the 150 (sale) price point I know I’m not getting grade A but is it a step up from something like the El Jefe?

Jd1

I can’t even find a google image. I’m sure they custom made some to match “what the pros use”. I‘ve never had a glove relaced or repaired so maybe it’s worth having that done? It’s a bit sentimental so I’m definitely not getting rid of it.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I'd look into a ordering a custom Gloveworks in Pro-Steerhide with the "I-belt" web, for $170.00 I'd order one of these over a 44 everyday of the week!

Hit up @fredderf with any questions, he has a couple of them!

Here's his black & tan one, got to be one of the ugliest gloves ever posted here!! :D:D
5GMGGyal.jpg

bjwzL1wl.jpg

6dgAJBVl.jpg

arther itis

payin' to get paid
I can’t even find a google image. I’m sure they custom made some to match “what the pros use”. I‘ve never had a glove relaced or repaired so maybe it’s worth having that done? It’s a bit sentimental so I’m definitely not getting rid of it.
It's most definitely worth the price to have the relace/repair, especially if the glove has sentimental value.

Jd1

I'd look into a ordering a custom Gloveworks in Pro-Steerhide with the "I-belt" web, for $170.00 I'd order one of these over a 44 everyday of the week!

Hit up @fredderf with any questions, he has a couple of them!

Here's his black & tan one, got to be one of the ugliest gloves ever posted here!! :D:D
5GMGGyal.jpg

bjwzL1wl.jpg

6dgAJBVl.jpg

ha! Pretty ugly but then again mine is all tan with black laces love is blind!

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I’ve never felt a 44Pro that felt or fit like a glove. More like a assemblage of leather shaped like a glove IYKWIM.

Expect a very, very stiff glove with a wide and deep pocket.

FYI there are very few, if any, fielding gloves of any quality that have palm padding. Catcher’s mitts only, and the Poron Rawlings uses there disintegrates quickly.

Of course, these notes are based on my observations and YMMV.

DAN

Jd1

I’ve never felt a 44Pro that felt or fit like a glove. More like a assemblage of leather shaped like a glove IYKWIM.

Expect a very, very stiff glove with a wide and deep pocket.

FYI there are very few, if any, fielding gloves of any quality that have palm padding. Catcher’s mitts only, and the Poron Rawlings uses there disintegrates quickly.

Of course, these notes are based on my observations and YMMV.

DAN[/QUOTE

Thanks Dan!

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
Look up Glenside Glove Company on google for the glove repair. The website pretty much answers all the questions but you can always contract Alex if you have more specific questions.

Reactions: Jd1