Minnesota Thread

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Your grammar is worse then my kids. I am not whining about anything, I play up which is more then what you can say.
Your grammar is worse then my kids. I am not whining about anything, I play up which is more then what you can say.

For christ sakes.. this is a forum not a college paper.

I have zero clue who you are or what team you play on. I don't care if you play up or not. Btw : we have play c state and open state b4. So once again don't cry about my team.. worry about your team

Worth4252

For christ sakes.. this is a forum not a college paper.

I have zero clue who you are or what team you play on. I don't care if you play up or not. Btw : we have play c state and open state b4. So once again don't cry about my team.. worry about your team
Small man syndrome

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
He has a point. Who are you?
I'm guessing he has played against us and didn't like it..

He said he has played up.. so maybe an "e" player playing in "d".

He has the best come backs too.. Grammer and small man syndrome , typical internet guy.. but I think I'm the nicest guy I know..

Beauner

Starting Player
Looking at the forecast, I'm real glad Mankato is a one-day. Hopefully the temp doesn't rise too much more. Sunday is going to be real sticky. Great day to grill some steaks and watch the US Open 😉

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Spending next weekend sitting outside watching my kids soccer tournament. I’m sure it’ll be super fun, and I won’t just sweat my balls off while sitting in a lawn chair.

Side note: super fun to hit like absolute piss at a tourney, then come out at league and hit it hard. Running out of swear words for that one.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone play fireman's last yr..? Specifically tier 2. ? Where all the sat games at dread scott.?

There's 19 teams sign up. Haven't been to the fireman's since b4 rona

Beauner

Starting Player
Anyone play fireman's last yr..? Specifically tier 2. ? Where all the sat games at dread scott.?

There's 19 teams sign up. Haven't been to the fireman's since b4 rona
We did. They didn't use Dred Scott at all for tier 2 last season. We played Friday on the main complex and all day Saturday on open fields (we lost Friday night, I think a couple winner's bracket games were on the main fields).

wildthing81

We did. They didn't use Dred Scott at all for tier 2 last season. We played Friday on the main complex and all day Saturday on open fields (we lost Friday night, I think a couple winner's bracket games were on the main fields).
Tier 2 didnt use dred? Yikes i know its been a few years since i've played tier 2 but it used to be 7 homers and we often used all those up at dred. The open fields are kinda a joke, I like the firemens, but just put snow/temp fences up at the school across the street and call it a day, the game changes way too much on the open fields, having to play 4 man, dodge outfielders from the other fields, inside the park homers ect. One year we played Rip City on the open fields, they had Chris Larsen and Chris Greinert with them, they could not believe a game was being played on open fields, we had our outfielders playing on the edge of the infield on the other field across from us, our outfielder caught a ball near the other fields pitching mound....its just a different game on the open fields.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Really hoping the weather changes and there’s not a big rain delay at Spudfest tomorrow. Would be nice to get it done in a day.

Sucks that we play a team from our league in the first game. It’ll be back to back tourneys starting against them, and 4 times in 4 tourneys that we’ve played against a chunk of their team.

Beauner

Starting Player
Tier 2 didnt use dred? Yikes i know its been a few years since i've played tier 2 but it used to be 7 homers and we often used all those up at dred. The open fields are kinda a joke, I like the firemens, but just put snow/temp fences up at the school across the street and call it a day, the game changes way too much on the open fields, having to play 4 man, dodge outfielders from the other fields, inside the park homers ect. One year we played Rip City on the open fields, they had Chris Larsen and Chris Greinert with them, they could not believe a game was being played on open fields, we had our outfielders playing on the edge of the infield on the other field across from us, our outfielder caught a ball near the other fields pitching mound....its just a different game on the open fields.
Nope. There was only like 15 teams in tier 2 last year so they had us at VV the entire weekend. It was fun playing at the main fields Friday night but I agree open fields are stupid as hell. IDK why they don't use Dred for all the tier 2 games Friday night and all day Saturday (even loser's bracket) and then move the final 4 games to the main fields at Valley View. I would imagine with 5 fields at Dred they could get it done without much issue.

wildthing81

It’ll never go away as long as they keep getting 30-something teams to a couple tourneys a year.
I used to play play rockin rogers back in the day with my old man and brother, which was or used to be MSF, it was a complete bleep show umpire wise.

wildthing81

Nope. There was only like 15 teams in tier 2 last year so they had us at VV the entire weekend. It was fun playing at the main fields Friday night but I agree open fields are stupid as hell. IDK why they don't use Dred for all the tier 2 games Friday night and all day Saturday (even loser's bracket) and then move the final 4 games to the main fields at Valley View. I would imagine with 5 fields at Dred they could get it done without much issue.
agreed, all games could be run at dred and even finished there. I know years back Friday games and saturday through mid day were at dred, then all of a sudden late saturday and sunday games were at the open fields. One year we were 3-0 at dred, reward for that was moving to open fields, I've always liked the firemens but have despised the open fields.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I used to play play rockin rogers back in the day with my old man and brother, which was or used to be MSF, it was a complete bleep show umpire wise.
It was the same for the Rogers league the last couple years. Not just not knowing rules, but being confident and wrong. Almost worse.
agreed, all games could be run at dred and even finished there. I know years back Friday games and saturday through mid day were at dred, then all of a sudden late saturday and sunday games were at the open fields. One year we were 3-0 at dred, reward for that was moving to open fields, I've always liked the firemens but have despised the open fields.
We ran into that one year as well. Undefeated going into Sunday, then moved to open fields. Really don’t enjoy that, especially as an outfielder. I don’t like people hitting a ball at my back, or worrying about colliding with a guy in a different game.

Might go back to that one when I qualify for 40 and over wood bat.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
A discussion we had at Spudfest..... How many years until softball in MN is dead? Everyone was saying 5 years and it will be down to 2 or 3 teams of upper guys beating up the same 12 lower teams because there isn't anyone else to play.

hedge

life takes guts
I think league softball will always be a thing, but the draw to play tournament softball is almost dead

leib0039

League will still be there but even that is significantly down. 15 years ago I played in 3 leagues, they had 40-16-13 teams, this year those leagues have 17-6-6. League will hang on just because people like to get out to have a beer and relax for 1 night a week but thats it.

Tournaments are essentially dead now. The big teams load up to play Corkys/Firemans/Dudley/Nats but thats about it. A lot of reasons for that, amateur ball is popular right now that takes the younger group out from playing and guys kids have 10,000 things going on now and its traveling everywhere. Gone are the days you took the kids 10miles to the local town for a game or 2 a week. Now you have traveling teams that go to MN/IA/WI etc so instead of going to the local town tourney guys are going to Omaha to watch their kid play.

And as someone who has ran a tournament, you are pretty helpless as how to make it bigger. Some people say "just toss more money at it" that doesnt work because that draws in 1-2 "upper" teams and then the rest of the teams hear that and say nope we cant win we are out. It really is too bad too, man there were so many fun random small town carney tournies where you could show up and there werent big name teams but there was some good softball. Now its dried up.