Pure Hellfire bat

jhitman

I don't know too much about this bat, but have heard a lot of great things about it for ASA/USA ball. Has anyone swung this bat and what are your thoughts?

jhitman

Normy,

Have you hit this bat? I saw some videos on this bat and it was smoking the ball real well. I'm looking to add a new bat and this might be the one.

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
I ordered one about a month ago. Probably be another month until I receive it. I saw on Facebook they are taking more preorders for the Hellfire and Sidewinder.

Normy

Normy,

Have you hit this bat? I saw some videos on this bat and it was smoking the ball real well. I'm looking to add a new bat and this might be the one.
I have not but saw a few YouTube reviews. Looks promising but may not make a very good cooler weather bat up here in Michigan. Hoping to get more feedback on this post.

jhitman

Thanks for the input. You are right about it may not be good in the cooler weather. I have heard that too.

ShortYellowBus

Any reason the pure is going to be garbage?
Perhaps I’m being overly cynical, but all the bats Pure sells are made from composite materials that have been previously used. Recycled.

Essentially, composite can’t be recycled. That’s why so many pure bats have a reputation for having inconsistent quality.

jhitman

Perhaps I’m being overly cynical, but all the bats Pure sells are made from composite materials that have been previously used. Recycled.

Essentially, composite can’t be recycled. That’s why so many pure bats have a reputation for having inconsistent quality.
I didn't know that about the Pure bats. Question, I have the Krecher ASA bat for the 52 cor mush balls. I like the bat and it hits them as good as most any bat that I have seen. Do you know of any new technology specifically geared for the 52 cor balls? Any new bats coming out that may hit these balls better for 2023? All I see most running out are the same old bats and most are just repaints.

ShortYellowBus

Here’s a tip for ASA/USA guys..

If you’re a hero with a bat in your hand, grab a bat with a higher passing psi threshold. An Anarchy; older the better.

If you’re a singles guy, grab a bat with a lower psi threshold. Think of the Ghost or anything Monsta.

Krecher is for the upper middle tier swing speeds. They’re great bats but perhaps a 12” barrel might help if you’re looking for extra performance. 12” bats swing lighter/faster than 13-14” barrel bats.

Protectyaneck

If you’re a hero with a bat in your hand, grab a bat with a higher passing psi threshold. An Anarchy; older the better.

If you’re a singles guy, grab a bat with a lower psi threshold. Think of the Ghost or anything Monsta.

Anarchy Xcores and the most popular 25oz Monstas(M2s) have the same threshold, 1050. The Anarchy shortbarrels fail at 900.
Hypes(the most fragile, lightest, designed for rec players) have an even higher threshhold, at 1350.

Your message isnt wrong, but the PSI numbers aren't what hitters should be focused on.

jhitman

Also, saw a velo demo for the new Pure Sidewinder bat. It's hard to believe that an ASA/USA bat could reach 107mph velo and still be within the legal limits. I would like to see more demo's to make me a believer.

eviladams

All hail Megatron.....
I ordered one about a month ago. Probably be another month until I receive it. I saw on Facebook they are taking more preorders for the Hellfire and Sidewinder.
Same except not on FB. I don’t have FB. I saw on the website that was selling them as preorders advertising as order now for the next wave at the end of November. I texted the owner like WTF??? How can you be taking preorders again with a shipping date when I’m still waiting on mine? He changed the site and they weren’t accepting PO’s anymore.

jhitman

In the past you used to be able to get bats at any time from multiple sites. Now these bat manufacturers never seem to have them in stock. I have been trying to get the Louisville Slugger bats for several months now. I assume the supply chain is what's causing these problems. Either way, these companies are losing out on a lot of revenue by not having these bats fully stocked. You only wait so long for a bat and then you move on to something else.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supply chain is part of it, but I think they're tired of the losses of over production too. Remember how there'd be mountains of eastons on closeout every year? Louisville used to be the same, then one year it just stopped pre COVID. Then the one piece Genesis came out, and they haven't caught up to demand since.

jhitman

Supply chain is part of it, but I think they're tired of the losses of over production too. Remember how there'd be mountains of eastons on closeout every year? Louisville used to be the same, then one year it just stopped pre COVID. Then the one piece Genesis came out, and they haven't caught up to demand since.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I agree on the over production too. I have several buddies that have been trying to get the LS bats and to no avail. I guess some Canadian stores may have them, but more cost for shipping.

Softballfans used to have a great selection of bats, but not so much any longer. Can you tell me why as I used to buy all my bats from here?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
This makes a lot of sense to me. I agree on the over production too. I have several buddies that have been trying to get the LS bats and to no avail. I guess some Canadian stores may have them, but more cost for shipping.

Softballfans used to have a great selection of bats, but not so much any longer. Can you tell me why as I used to buy all my bats from here?
Cause the sbf store itself in Michigan closed doors due to the COVID crap. Concourse team express is the parent company along with baseball/softball.com do sell bats but don't seem to stock as much as sbf used to.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I think it's all computerized and up to the bean counters.

Right now I think ls are only available from them directly and maybe one other retailer. I ordered from their Canadian division and the shipping was fast and about the same price for me.

jhitman

Cause the sbf store itself in Michigan closed doors due to the COVID crap. Concourse team express is the parent company along with baseball/softball.com do sell bats but don't seem to stock as much as sbf used to.
It doesn't seem like many companies have a lot of stock right now. I guess the supply chain is part of the problem. I've had really good luck finding good deals on bats from SIS in NY. It's my go to place for bats now.

jhitman

My buddy bought one of these a month ago and I finally got a chance to swing it on Tuesday. The bat is very solid with the 52's. I didn't like that it didn't seem to make a sound when hitting the ball, but the ball traveled very well. I have hit a bunch of the new ASA bats and some from the last few years and have come to a conclusion. After I hit the Hellfire (was impressed by the bat) I picked up my USSSA Primo bat. I seemed to hit the ball farther with the Primo even though it's a USSSA bat. The conclusion for me is that the ASA bats are not better for the 52 cor 300 comp balls than the USSSA bats. I know they claim ASA bats for the 52's, but I think it's just a way to get you to buy ASA bats. I'm sticking with my USSSA bats going forward.

jhitman

Update on this bat and this may be a one off.....he cracked this bat in three places. He only had about 100 hits on it with 52 cor softballs and warm weather. I like the bat personally, but now it makes me second guess the durability.

ShortYellowBus

Update on this bat and this may be a one off.....he cracked this bat in three places. He only had about 100 hits on it with 52 cor softballs and warm weather. I like the bat personally, but now it makes me second guess the durability.
These bats are made for players with lower skill level. These thin walled bats are for guys who can’t hit the sweet spot consistently. Thinner walls with more restrictor is what all the bat companies are trying to compete with the ultimate training wheels bat brand: monsta athletics.

Faster swing speeds absolutely destroy these bats.