USSSA bat guidance

Hey y'all! I am looking for a little guidance on a new bat. This will be the first UTrip bat I've purchased since 2012. I am currently swinging the Anarchy All The Smoke which is a USA/ASA bat and the Anarchy Autism bat not sure what it is a repaint of but it also is an ASA/USA bat. I am currently swinging a 26oz bat. I am cool with dropping down to 25oz but going up in weight would hurt me at the plate as I'm a little guy. I don't hit for power. I'm the hit it on the ground or into RC guy that gets on base with a quickness. I have swung my dad's Miken, I think it's called Primo, and it's okay but doesn't feel comfortable in my hands. I watch a lot of bat review videos but I never see hitters like me doing them just the power hitters. So I can't really make an informed purchase based off of them. Any bat suggestions? I prefer 2 piece bats by the way. Thank you in advance.

jhitman

If you can get a Louisville Genesis bat that would be a great choice. They are hard to find right now though. My 2nd choice is a bat that I just purchased a Miken DC41 USSSA bat.

ShortYellowBus

The utrip bats swing differently than Asa bats. I recommend trying a balanced bat first. I highly recommend the DeMarini balanced bats in a 13” barrel. That would be a nice comparable bat.

My guys swing ASA Anarchy in league and switch to DeMarini Nautalai bats for utrip. The transition is pretty seamless.

All the utrip bats are terrific and perform similarly. You just have to find one that fits your swing.

D-ROCK13

Personally I'd look into the Anarchy 220 u trip bats. They have plenty of options on barrel length and loading, and are really good after a couple hundred hits. Like SYB said above, try a longer barrel, balanced or maybe .25oz endload

So I ended up going with the balanced anarchy 240 in green. Got a smoking deal on it because it was part of an Easter sale. Dad was even able to get a bat on the same order to split cost. So far I'm really enjoying the new bat. I have only put about 10 swings on it. We will see where it is when it really opens on.

jhitman

The 240 anarchys are really good too and usually break in alot faster
I have a friend that has an Anarchy and he likes it a lot. My questions is, how do they hold up with regards to compression? Will they still pass the 240 standard for tournaments after 200 swings?

I don't have 200 cuts on it yet. When my pop and I ordered from sma****sports website for the Easter buy one get one sale my pop got the break-in service. The bat is hot as hell though. I don't hit for power at all. I hit 2 up the middle last night that I felt bad for hitting.

jhitman

I know some of the new 240 bats fail pretty quickly. It might be best to just get a few hits on them and then game them.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I know some of the new 240 bats fail pretty quickly. It might be best to just get a few hits on them and then game them.

I don't like what I'm seeing out of 240 bats as far as durability goes. Other than the first Junos, none of them seem to be durable at all. Suncoast, Louisville, Easton, you name it... all fail compression very quickly. Even the newer Junos fail right away.

If your league allows 220 bats, I'd go that route.

D-ROCK13

Of the few 240s i've seen around here, most seem to perform the same as the 220s, we don't get tested so no clue on that though. Seen some suncoasts break at the handle early, warsticks break under 100 cuts, dudleys have a nasty glue rattle almost immediately etc...

jhitman

I don't like what I'm seeing out of 240 bats as far as durability goes. Other than the first Junos, none of them seem to be durable at all. Suncoast, Louisville, Easton, you name it... all fail compression very quickly. Even the newer Junos fail right away.

If your league allows 220 bats, I'd go that route.

Thanks TW. I appreciate your input.

So I'm closing in on 500 hits on my 240 already. It's one of the hottest bats I've owned in years. It feels just as hot as the yellow and blue Genesis and the south beach that I bought out of Canada. Best part the anarchy is still passing compression. Had it tested last week and it came out at a wrong 260. I was shocked. I've been hitting it almost exclusively since I bought it. Absolutely insane bat. Hit a liner up the middle tonight that you could hear screaming. I apologized to the pitcher, but, holy hell is it a fire stick.

D-ROCK13

I grabbed a 240 12" endloaded and it's pretty dang hot. it's a little stiffer barrel than my eastons but hits just as well

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I got 3 Anarchy 240s from SIS, since they've been on sale for $99 for months. Very few swings on them yet, but so far, so good.

Right now I have 10 240s. 3 Anarchy, 3 Miken, 3 Juno, and 1 Easton. None of them have a ton of swings on them yet.

D-ROCK13

Played a team last weekend that had 4 different anarchy 240s and they were all hitting long hrs and hard liners and sounded great. Need to get more swings on mine I guess .

Played a team last weekend that had 4 different anarchy 240s and they were all hitting long hrs and hard liners and sounded great. Need to get more swings on mine I guess .
How many cuts do you have on yours? If you didn't get the break-in service/rolling it'll take a bit. I got mine rolled by SIS when I bought it. Once I got comfortable swinging a balanced bat my average jumped majorly. I hit more hard grounders and line drives and just for ****s and giggles since my local league is now WSL I have a 220 Primo that is insanely hot. It's nearing 1000 cuts on it.

D-ROCK13

I'd guess 100 to 120ish maybe. it hits great and sounds great but still stiff feeling compared to my easton 240s