Recent content by 71bama17

1. 71bama17

My worse Umpire Story

Bases empty, Hot shot that handcuffs SS he baubles it but he stays with it fires to 1st, throw is a little wide to outfield side of the bag, pulls 1st off the bag he spins and tags the runner who is now 3 or 4 feet past 1st turning into foul territory, Ump calls the runner out. We argue, he says...
  2. 71bama17

Wife B******* about softball

Married 3 years expecting our first in February. Playing 2 nights a week, 1 tourny a month, she comes to 60% of my games. When I was driving an hour to play 9pm games my wife bitched a lot, Started playing on teams closer to home and things are a lot better, Haven't heard a peep out of her...
  3. 71bama17

Canadian roll call

Kitchener Ontario
  4. 71bama17

DeMarini VX3

I was asked the same question a few weeks ago at ball,
  5. 71bama17

The joys of coaching *sigh*

Back in the spring I was the guy changing teams. Found a team same league but different division, Call up the old coach get his voice mail 3 times in a week, 3rd time I just leave a msg that I'm leaving for another team. Guy never calls me back or nothing. I find out through a teammate that he...
  6. 71bama17

Black ops roller questions and experiences please!

Owned my black ops 14 months, added a plywood shelf over the shoe compartment right away, helps a lot keeps things from falling down around it, blew the zipper on the removable front pocket almost right away and have tears forming in the top shelf where I store my gamer glove. wheels are fine...
  7. 71bama17

softball a dying sport?

I wouldn't say it's dying, but it's definatly hurting, Monday night team has 18 guys on the roster, we have 10 most nights and never the same 10 week to week, A buddies team had to find 6 guys last week to make 10! 6!!!, When I first started playing most teams had 10 or 11 regulars and a few...
  8. 71bama17

Where do you find value in a bat?

Is it a VX2U? Is it a Demarini? does it have a thumbprint? does it have the aluminum handle? is it on sale! I use to experiment a bit, buying 2 or 3 bats a year to try out, but I quit that, I'll put a few BP swings on whatever hits the team fence just to say I've swung it, But the VX2U has...
  9. 71bama17

Border battle

July 24-26, Kitchener Ontario http://championship.softball.ca/borderbattle/
  10. 71bama17

What's in your bat bag?

Black OPS roller 26 oz VX2u 27 oz VX2u 27 oz Mad Dawg 28 oz OG Juggernaut 14" Demarini Vexxum glove 13.5" Worth Mayhem glove 1 pair Blue Mizuno batting gloves 1 white Mizuno batting glove (lefty) size 10.5 Mizuno 9 cleat (gamers) size 11 Under Armour cleat (backups) worth cup for that random...
  11. 71bama17

am i missing out on anything

This, best balanced bat I've ever swung, I own an old paint and a new paint and don't notice any difference between them
  12. 71bama17

What type(s) of cheating have you encountered?

Money, That's how it's justified, Not having umps saves my team maybe $200 or $250 a year,
  13. 71bama17

2 piece bats

What he said, the best hits are the ones you don't even feel
  14. 71bama17

New to Demarini's

J3U is way underrated, I was not impressed with the 27 I swung out of the wrapper, but after 100+ hits, it was right on par with any UTRIP bat on the fence. i'll add a few to the list from what I own 26 VX2U = very balanced-13' barrel-aluminum handle, mashes 27 VX2U = balanced the...