Recent content by andy-rockstar

1. andy-rockstar

New utrip rules, etc

That's ironic, because I wear a catcher's helmet to pitch. My head is too big for the pitching helmets that are out there.
  2. andy-rockstar

Happy New Year - Are you playing this year?

Been on the same Thursday night league team for the past five years or so. Unless the team folds for some crazy reason, I'll probably be playing. TBD on what happens after I move this summer. Not sure if I'll get to find a new team immediately or if I'll have to wait until Spring.
  3. andy-rockstar

Getting moved around in the batting order? Discuss

All I know is when we come to bat in the 1st inning, I take my spot as the base coach on the opposite side of the field because I won't be up for a while. As long as I'm not making outs in clutch situations, I'm happy.
  4. andy-rockstar

Is your own team chatter helpful?

Silence in a dugout, or on the field, is the worst. Just a little encouragement, at the right time, is all you need.
  5. andy-rockstar

Catcher talking while pitch is coming in?

It's going to be a judgement call by the umpire as to what's too much.
  6. andy-rockstar

Switching which side you bat from

In that case, are you sure the team's better off with you batting lefty; or would they be better served with someone uninjured playing?
  7. andy-rockstar

lol 3 digit temperature.... and ball distance...

Once upon a time, there were a number of us on here who used to get into these physics-based discussions with Tumblebug...aka Mr. Anderson of Anderson Bat Co. (before he sold the company). There's a lot of good info in those threads about MOI (moments of inertia) and all that jazz--I don't...
  8. andy-rockstar

Bought a used bat... Broken???

That line looks awfully uniform and straight to be a crack, in my highly amateur opinion. Even moreso if there's a corresponding line on the opposite side.
  9. andy-rockstar

USPS

Is there a reliable source for bat boxes other than the triangle boxes from USPS? I'm pretty sure UPS and FedEx won't accept the triangle boxes, which is all I happen to have laying around since I've used USPS exclusively for the last 12 years or so.
  10. andy-rockstar

League Game Scheduling Annoyance.

We usually roll right from one game into the next, unless the umpire needs a potty/smoke break. Getting done early isn't the worst thing in the world.
  11. andy-rockstar

League Game Scheduling Annoyance.

The Redmond league also schedules doubleheaders against the same team, with the games back-to-back. I'd take that over only playing one game on league night, as was the case when I lived in Alaska.
  12. andy-rockstar

USPS

I had a similar experience a couple weeks ago. Sold a bat for $40 bucks shipped...considering I found the bat at Goodwill for $6, I basically broke even. Oh well...
  13. andy-rockstar

Any TAGGING UP

I'd be tempted to try this in league some night just to see what happens.
  14. andy-rockstar

Nokona Glove - Hole Repair?

Curious what the experts here think... I have a Nokona AMG650EXP that's in great, game-ready, shape except for some stretched out holes on the bottom of the hand area where the web lacing runs. It looks like two, and possibly three, holes there are stretching out. How would one go about trying...
  15. andy-rockstar

Storing Glove

Depends a little bit on where you live and the weather. I live near Seattle, so when my fall league is done in Oct/Nov I make sure my glove (and the rest of my gear) gets a chance to dry out since I'm usually playing in the rain at the end of my season. My glove is broken in just right for me...