Recent content by AshD

1. AshD

glove size

True! It really depends on what you're comfortable with. I've been an infielder my entire life and I've never used a glove bigger than 12''. Even times when I've had to play the grass, I still use my baby glove because that's what I'm comfortable with! So, it really depends on personal...
  2. AshD

Best turf shoes

I swear by the Adidas Vigor trail shoes. I've tried countless turf/trail shoes and I'm most satisfied with the Vigors. Durable and affordable and really comfortable. I play mostly infield, but I haven't ever had a problem with them when I've had to play outfield.
  3. AshD

National USSSA Selfie Day

I've been practicing my selfies all day!! I'm so nervous!!
  4. AshD

advice womens slow pitch bat usssa

I swing both the ASA and Utrip Derby Boys. I love them both. I love the soft feel of Combats. Just my personal preference though. If they're already swinging Combats and feel comfortable with them, just get a new Combat with the right stamps
  5. AshD

You BLD league guys are lucky

Freestone is the new BLD lol. I would take Kleinman over BLD too and that is a shady park hahaha
  6. AshD

You're right! Pay $1000 to play on a crappy field at BLD or pay $500 to play on a crappy city field. Wonder which one people are going to choose! The only reason I kept my team around as long as I did is because they begged every season to have us back and offered us $150 discount. But when we...
  7. AshD

BLD Gilbert is awful. I played out there for years and ran my own team on Tuesday and Friday nights. It was awesome when it first opened. Leagues were full every single night. Now, it's basically a piece of garbage. So expensive and for crappy field conditions. They are actually in a lot of...
  8. AshD

What type shoe for comfort and traction

I like the Vigor Trails too. I used to wear Boombah but they were uncomfortable as hell. They were always too wide and my foot would just slide around, but that could be because I'm a girl with small feet. Then I switched to Reebok Zig trail shoes and they just didn't feel right playing ball in...
  9. AshD

Are you sponsored or do you pay?

That's very frustrating and happens a lot in fundraising. On my team, if you don't participate in the fundraiser, the money doesn't go toward you and you have to pay your own way.
  10. AshD

Update to my whiny post

Well when you play with people who lack intelligence...
  11. AshD

Update to my whiny post

LoL sounds about right
  12. AshD

What bat manufacturer dominates your area?

Zs everywhere in the Phoenix area and a ton of Worth too. When I got my Combats I had people come up and ask "what's that?" :eek:
  13. AshD

Update to my whiny post

*in theory* yes. But I play against the same guys all the time. They all know I can field a ball, but still try to eat me up. But it's whatever. Like I said previously, I wouldn't play if I couldn't handle it.
  14. AshD

Update to my whiny post

I get your point guys, which is why I don't ***** about it during games (or ever really) and why I continue to play mens despite being hit at all the time. I was just trying to encourage this girl to keep at it even when you miss some plays.
  15. AshD

Update to my whiny post

Keep on keepin on! I'm a girl that frequently plays on mens teams. The guys I play with know I can play so I usually get put at third or somewhere in the infield. 100% of the time, the other teams sees me, a girl, on the field and I am constantly getting shots hit at me intentionally. Most of...