Recent content by baldgriff

1. B

Minnesota Thread

Have a great Thanksgiving all.
  2. B

Conflicting rules

These are not conflicting rules - they are dependent on the game you are playing. The rule set you relied on to make your ruling is the slowpitch rule. Rule 7 has the qualifier (FP ONLY), meaning Fast Pitch Only. As to how you applied the rule, is your judgement but there is no actual rules...
  3. B

ASA Player ejection

I believe ISA has a rule where if you are an offensive ejection, the defense cant walk you for the last out.
  4. B

USSSA Player Eligibity Question

It is likely that your league will allow him to play - however for tournaments you will lose if there is a roster protest when he is playing...
  5. B

Minnesota Thread

Silly that the two Minnesota teams have to face each other in game one...
  6. B

Minnesota Thread

Player ratings are for current year - whether one agrees with them or not. So if he is rated B+ than the rules should have applied based on the players rating. If he isnt qualified and the team was playing with an illegal roster then they should have at a minimum lost the game, but likely...
  7. B

Minnesota Thread

Ahh the problem of TD's and State Directors not being available. Roster protests should be taken care of on the spot and no matter if it happens before the game starts or after the team should be DQ'd. TD's have to be willing to enforce the roster requirements and maintain a level of fair...
  8. B

USSSA Flat Pitch

if it is let go at 6" from the ground and gets to 4 feet off the ground - then it is a legal pitch. In Utrip the rule is 3 feet from release. The described pitch meets that standard. IF the pitch crosses the batter at the waist - this would also meet the requirement of being a strike. The...
  9. B

Minnesota Thread

Is it possible that they did the roster checks 3 days prior to the tournament? Not defending it, just saying it is possible that they decided to review all of the rosters at one time. Agreed that they should be allowed to play up.
  10. B

ASA Did I Make The Correct Call

I did lots of youth slow pitch and in my mind you really have to do some "preventative umpiring" with youth. I always thought I was part of their learning process. In this case, I would not have let the pitcher pitch - let the batter know that she is not in the box and that she needs to get in...
  11. B

ASA Fake tag + tossing players

If I recall correctly the fake tag rule was implemented to actually stop people from simulating a "TAG" without having the ball. Slapping the glove is not simulating a tag. Its not even in my mind the same thing. A fake tag in my mind is actually acting as if you have the ball and applying...
  12. B

Infield Fly - "Unless it's foul"?????

Let the girls play.
  13. B

ASA Fake tag + tossing players

This is not a fake tag - as it does not sound as if the pitcher actually attempted to tag the runner. I would have obstruction if the player stopped and was thrown out at either home or third. Runner is scoring either way.
  14. B

Where did the bat go?

that is what my question too -- what do you want the umps to do? Where there any people that were endangered by the action?
  15. B

ASA Runner leaves field

If the umpire didnt see the runner step into the dugout, then unfortunately they missed one. Yes she should have been called out.