Recent content by baseman

1. baseman

Crazy thing happened on the ball field.

Last game of the year. I'm playing 1st. Ball hit to me on the ground. As I'm about to close my glove the runner from 1st stepped on my glove causing the ball to jump up my glove. I was able to bare hand it and tag her then, with my glove still under her foot ran to first and got the second out...
  2. baseman

Any Advise for explaining a timing play

JN137 agreed.
  3. baseman

Any Advise for explaining a timing play

Runner on 1st. Batter hits the ball down the line. The 1B touches first then throws to second. I call batter out and runner safe on first. They argued that the runner is forced to run. I explained once they touched the base that the force is negated (maybe too big a word for them) so no they...
  4. baseman

Does opting to walk count as a pitch?

If the previous batter was walked then there would be nothing to appeal.
  5. baseman

Physics question

Leg day is the best. With that said you have to include stretching to make sure the work you've done is going to translate into faster movement and less injury. I have a 6 day split. Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders, Arms then a total body day. Rest then repeat. I've gotten my deadlifts up to 625...
  6. baseman

A question for outfielders.

I've done that before and was told "I know what I'm doing I don't need you to help me." hahaha They missed the next one hahaha.
  7. baseman

A question for outfielders.

The talking in the outfield is key. My wife and I were playing in the outfield, she at rover, and one was hit over our heads. I was sprinting back with my eyes on the ball and she never once yelled fence. ...... When I picked myself up she was half laughing and half worried. I hit the fence...
  8. baseman

Unsanctioned Super Blue Dots

We played modified with ASA bats and super blues. The balls flew.
  9. baseman

Need good ball comparison chart , COR/COMP from highest/hardest to lowest

Back in the old single wall thumper days.
  10. baseman

Need good ball comparison chart , COR/COMP from highest/hardest to lowest

A few years ago I had gone 6 for 6 and lost 6 balls. We were using grey dots or something and the other team's pitcher brought out an 11" Flight restricted ball. She claimed I would never hit this one out. It was the furthest I had ever hit a ball to that point. They cut the air so much better .
  11. baseman

Infield Fly & Interference

My thought is if it is fair they don't need to run as it would be an out and if it is foul then it is a foul so why run.
  12. baseman

Infield Fly & Interference

It was IF so the Batter was already out if fair. No need to run. If it went foul then the continue to bat.
  13. baseman

Favorite Bat You Have Ever Swung?

Love my SCN5. It has been my asa favourite for many years. For my modified ball days was the Worth Wicked Comp the old black and white one. Senior bats Ultra Legacy and Combat Black Maxum USSSA Anderson TZ Reborn. It killed the ball.
  14. baseman

Overlap grip vs. conventional (again)

I have swung 30 oz bats with full overlap with great success. I have gotten stronger over the years and switched to a modified overlap. Bottom hand drop two and middle finger over the knob with the top hand conventional and keep the extra whip with the control of the top hand. It is very hard to...
  15. baseman

2011 Denny Crine reborn?

I've got one in the basement. The issue I have seen is most Miken/worth are 2 piece.